Saved games...

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall the game because of my black screen problem. This is the last thing I wanted to do but if it means I can get back to Football Management, so be it! Thing is, I was worried that if I had to reinstall the game that my saved games would maybe be deleted as well, and my data editor which I have made quite a lot of changes to, may also be deleted. People have reassured me that you can back these files up. So I want to save them in a different area but how do you do this?

With the Black screen, people who have also had it, will back me up when I say that you can genuinely do nothing apart from open a saved game as the option toolbar across the top you cannot see. Also yesterday when I went to take a look at the data editor, this has done the exact same but instead of a black screen, a white one. So I was wondering if anyone could help me and guide me to the folders step by step in My Documents etc. Any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A VERY bored Football Manager wanting to get back to Management!

Have you tried the solutions in the FAQ thread?

Your saves and data editor files are in the user data folder (My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010) so you can just copy the Sports Interactive folder and paste them somewhere else while you do the uninstall. However, I'm pretty sure that these files aren't removed with an uninstall. Best to back up just in case though ;)

Have you tried the solutions in the FAQ thread?

Your saves and data editor files are in the user data folder (My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010) so you can just copy the Sports Interactive folder and paste them somewhere else while you do the uninstall. However, I'm pretty sure that these files aren't removed with an uninstall. Best to back up just in case though ;)

Can you save them anywhere? For example, My Pictures folder?

Save them wherever you want.

Right click on your desktop, create folder, call it whatever you want then copy your games/databases into it.

Just remember the folder they came from though as you'll need to put them back in the same place after re-installing.

Save them wherever you want.

Right click on your desktop, create folder, call it whatever you want then copy your games/databases into it.

Just remember the folder they came from though as you'll need to put them back in the same place after re-installing.

I copied the whole Sports Interactive folder across so it doesn't matter does it?

Archived