Attendances

Im managing Droylsden in League 2 at the moment after 2 successive promotions in 2 years. The thing is since I have got in to League 2 my attendances have shot up lots. The attendances are the average. Heres what I mean:

2009-2010: 225, didnt do too good. I took over in November when they were 20th and about 8 points of safety. I finished 18th in BSN.

2010-2011: 369, Won the BSN on the last day of the season.

2011-2012: 494, Won the BSP on the last day of the season and won the FA trophy.

2012-2013: 2094, Currently 4th in League 2.

The point I am trying to make is how come after struggling to get fans in the BSN and the BSP. I now get just over 2000 fans a game. I know I am in the league and when you are in the league your attendances will increase but surely not as much as this.

Has anyone managed a lower league team and got in to the league and found their attendances have dramatically increased.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im managing Droylsden in League 2 at the moment after 2 successive promotions in 2 years. The thing is since I have got in to League 2 my attendances have shot up lots. The attendances are the average. Heres what I mean:

2009-2010: 225, didnt do too good. I took over in November when they were 20th and about 8 points of safety. I finished 18th in BSN.

2010-2011: 369, Won the BSN on the last day of the season.

2011-2012: 494, Won the BSP on the last day of the season and won the FA trophy.

2012-2013: 2094, Currently 4th in League 2.

The point I am trying to make is how come after struggling to get fans in the BSN and the BSP. I now get just over 2000 fans a game. I know I am in the league and when you are in the league your attendances will increase but surely not as much as this.

Has anyone managed a lower league team and got in to the league and found their attendances have dramatically increased.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just shows how fickle fans are, in the same way that a club with an average attendance if around 4,000 suddenly demand 30,000 tickets if they happen to reach a Wembley final

I'm not sure how it is IRL but I'm managing York atm and I saw a massive increase when I got into League 2. It went from around 2700 straight up to 5210. Having said that, I did win the league in my first year so that may have bumped up the attenances quite a bit.

Just shows how fickle fans are, in the same way that a club with an average attendance if around 4,000 suddenly demand 30,000 tickets if they happen to reach a Wembley final

Wel yh. I know and I guess it is realistic as well in that when a team does well and gets to a final you can armchaor fans that try and get tickets. I was expecting an increase in fans to just over a 1000 but 2094 fans is alot. Its gone up even more now as well. Its just stupid that now they are coming to watch me but when I was in the BSN and BSP and £260k in the red they didnt want to come and watch.

I'm not sure how it is IRL but I'm managing York atm and I saw a massive increase when I got into League 2. It went from around 2700 straight up to 5210. Having said that, I did win the league in my first year so that may have bumped up the attenances quite a bit.

I can understand fans coming to watch when you doing well but ive had an increase in nearly 2000 fans now as since the 1st post my average attendance has increased again. Im not complaining in any way its just that I want to know why suddenly such an increase. Does anyone know if rep increases alot if you win 2 league championships and a the FA Trophy in 2 years.

For me with Bromley it was around 816 average attendance at 1st in BSS and then 1009 when moving towards 1st in BSP, and then around 3000 for L2, and now almost at capacity (5000) in L1. I still struggle to stay in the black thoguh really. So basically, yeah I had the same jump, but it makes sense, wouldn't you be more interested in your local side if they took a leap to up into the football league? not to mention it'd be so much easier to get news of them as there'd be much more coverage, your interest could easily skyrocket.

Looking at my Gateshead teams Avg Attendances over the years:

BSP - 1200

L2 (Season 1) - 2700 (Definitely helped alot due to away fans though, Bradford game went as high as 5000)

L2 (Season 2) - 3000

L1 (Season 1) - 5000

L1 (Season 2) - 5000

Championship - 9500 (But big teams like Leeds / Wolves sell it out with away support)

So er yeah, don't underestimate away fans of any established team.

To be honest I see the point your making, I'm a Yeovil fan and in real life we were getting an average attendance of over 6000 when in the conference (now BSP), were in League 1 currently and are lucky to get gates over 4000, and only get above it if we play a huge team, like Leeds, Southampton etc recently. So I don't think it's all down to away support to be honest.

Archived