Club World Championship

Is worth more in reputation then the League Cup and only one less then the FA Cup

How ? Why ? Explain ?

I'm from Europe, so I could be totally wrong, but my best guess would be that from the non-European perspective, this is a huge tournament. In the European calendar, our pinnacle is the Champions League final. However in South America, many people used to consider the highlight of the year not just to be the Copa Libertadores, but also the old Intercontinental Cup, which was a one-off between UEFA and CONMEBOL, as this was the one chance per year that the South Americans had the chance to "get one over" on their European counterparts. In recent years, the Intercontinental Cup now been abolished in favour of an all confederation-inclusive "World Club Championship".. but the stakes remains the same for the South Americans, and I would assume, the other non-European participants.

I guess the issue here could be that the trophy itself has a huge reputation outside of Europe, but a low reputation inside Europe. Does anyone know if it would be possible for SI to further enhance their new dynamic-competition reputation in the following way: Depending on which Continent you are from, the "World Club Championship" could mean different things to different clubs.. it could have a low reputation for European clubs, and a higher one for non-European clubs, meaning that if a European club won it, their club reputation wouldnt change much, but if a non-European club won it, it would enhance their club reputation a little more.

I'm from Europe, so I could be totally wrong, but my best guess would be that from the non-European perspective, this is a huge tournament. In the European calendar, our pinnacle is the Champions League final. However in South America, many people used to consider the highlight of the year not just to be the Copa Libertadores, but also the old Intercontinental Cup, which was a one-off between UEFA and CONMEBOL, as this was the one chance per year that the South Americans had the chance to "get one over" on their European counterparts. In recent years, the Intercontinental Cup now been abolished in favour of an all confederation-inclusive "World Club Championship".. but the stakes remains the same for the South Americans, and I would assume, the other non-European participants.

I guess the issue here could be that the trophy itself has a huge reputation outside of Europe, but a low reputation inside Europe. Does anyone know if it would be possible for SI to further enhance their new dynamic-competition reputation in the following way: Depending on which Continent you are from, the "World Club Championship" could mean different things to different clubs.. it could have a low reputation for European clubs, and a higher one for non-European clubs, meaning that if a European club won it, their club reputation wouldnt change much, but if a non-European club won it, it would enhance their club reputation a little more.

Instead of different reputations in different continents it's better to just have it the way it is, ie. their own competitions have a lower rep than European Leagues, so therefore the CWC does have a higher rep compared to their comps than it does to European comps.

Archived