Game Booster

My system rating is half a star, and although this is faulty, I decided to install Game Booster and I always switch to Gaming Mode before I play FM.

Does anyone know how many leagues it frees up because I only ever load a maximum of one big league, the Premiership and around five lower leagues, the championship and league 1 and 2 plus the welsh and irish leagues although I would like to load Italy, Spain, Germany and Holland as well.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

btw it normally frees up around 180 mb of ram after my 1.5gb already being used... :D

My system rating is half a star, and although this is faulty, I decided to install Game Booster and I always switch to Gaming Mode before I play FM.

Just ignore what the star rating currently says as it doesn't work properly. Maybe this feature will be fixed or removed for fm11. How much ram do you have and how fast is your processor. If you can tell us this information then you might get some better advice.

This is purely a matter of opinion as many others have said that it does work by closing down any programs/applications that are running in the background while FM is on, thereby freeing up memory for the game to use. As with all these types of programs, you use them at your own risk, however.

game booster does not work .. and if your useing a laptop your very much in danger ... do not use it ...

it is not supported

Yeah thanks for that eloquent and informative first post.

Gamebooster is fine, yes it does turn stuff off but its worthless stuff that FM doesn't use. Your laptop is in no danger and it works very well thanks.

Yeah thanks for that eloquent and informative first post.

Gamebooster is fine, yes it does turn stuff off but its worthless stuff that FM doesn't use. Your laptop is in no danger and it works very well thanks.

Gamebooster surely couldn't possibly cause any problems that wouldn't easily be solved with a simple reset of the computer.

Anyway, first impressions with me are good. My initial star rating has improved slightly and overall the game appears smoother to me. If playing for a long while on FM, I used to occasionally get unresponsive drop-down menus but that doesn't seem to be a problem now.

It's not life changing or anything but my first impressions are that it has made a difference and that it seems worthwhile to run it on my computer (1.66GHz dual core, 3GB RAM, Vista).

Gamebooster surely couldn't possibly cause any problems that wouldn't easily be solved with a simple reset of the computer.

Anyway, first impressions with me are good. My initial star rating has improved slightly and overall the game appears smoother to me. If playing for a long while on FM, I used to occasionally get unresponsive drop-down menus but that doesn't seem to be a problem now.

It's not life changing or anything but my first impressions are that it has made a difference and that it seems worthwhile to run it on my computer (1.66GHz dual core, 3GB RAM, Vista).

Exactly this :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been using it for about a week now. Definitely worthwhile if you run Vista in my opinion, as all kinds of rubbish seems to be going on in the background on that operating system!

I've noticed a reasonably significant improvement on the performance of FM10. Enough that I feel it worthwhile to run Game Booster before starting the game.

So would it make any difference if you already have a PC that runs FM reasonably fast? I have a quadcore 2.66 and 4 gb RAM but I am in 2029 and with so many leagues running FM has slowed down quite a lot in the last two seasons. Wish we had the option to remove leagues mid game.

So would it make any difference if you already have a PC that runs FM reasonably fast? I have a quadcore 2.66 and 4 gb RAM but I am in 2029 and with so many leagues running FM has slowed down quite a lot in the last two seasons. Wish we had the option to remove leagues mid game.

Nope. Game Booster seemed to make my laptop run FM slower for some reason. I think it's probably for those slower computers and laptops that still run Vista. Although Advanced System Care Basic Free Edition is still a very good tool and I have it on my laptop and run it every now and then.

does no-one else have the "disappearing" problem with the latest version of game booster ?!

I have win7 64bits, and 99% of the time the program just disappears and keeps running in the background... It's not about minimalizing... It just doesn't open (but it does in the background), the only way to close it is the task manager...

game booster does not work .. and if your useing a laptop your very much in danger ... do not use it ...

it is not supported

Can you explain? This GameBooster thing sounds interesting but if your warning others not to d/l on a laptop I might take heed

Archived