Hmm.....I wonder if this is possible...

I wonder.....

say you had a forward with a CA of 100 and PA of say 170 or 180......now if you trained him to be a FB, and you put on a FB specific training regime, and you only played him at FB once he became comfortable in that position......would you be able to develop him into a world class FB? with a CA that is almost equal to his PA?

Yeah but its little hard. So lets say you have a winger with great passing, creativty and crossing stats. You want to train him as a mc. When he fulfilles his potential his other attributes such as crossing will decrease while the main attributes like passing will increase. But its all depends on your training.

I wonder.....

say you had a forward with a CA of 100 and PA of say 170 or 180......now if you trained him to be a FB, and you put on a FB specific training regime, and you only played him at FB once he became comfortable in that position......would you be able to develop him into a world class FB? with a CA that is almost equal to his PA?

Presuming he is young enough you could get his CA up to 170/180 and be a natural fullback but he wouldn't be as good as a player who was just a fullback with the same CA.

It is far easier to retrain someone into a new role if they have some linked role....Def Mid to CB for example. It all depends on the player and his stats when you sign them really. You can do it but often its because there natural stats are better for the role your retraining them for rather then the position the game says in natural. Is that slow winger better suited as a def full back, Is that creative striker more suited to attacking mid. In short though yes it is possible.

Presuming he is young enough you could get his CA up to 170/180 and be a natural fullback but he wouldn't be as good as a player who was just a fullback with the same CA.

again that depends on the player.....your natural full back my have awful positioning and great off the ball, it goes both ways.

I've taken a young natural DMC with great playmaker stats and while training him into the AMC position played him as MC advanced playmaker. He was accomplished in the new AMC spot a lot faster then I thought, less then a year (don't know if that's unusually fast or not).

Even though he was accomplished there though my Asst man told me he was uncomfortable when I set him for AMC in a friendly. Guess he just need a few games there.

Now DMC to AMC isn't really as big a deal as ST to full back. But I'm wondering a noob question just because I never noticed. Will players get natural in a new position of you play them enough Or do you just need to have them training in it until it becomes natural? I ask because I do know training it to natural (if possible) takes -forever- compared to the awkward to accomplished for the above DMC.

again that depends on the player.....your natural full back my have awful positioning and great off the ball, it goes both ways.

Well presuming attributes are fairly even of course.

Basically a much wider range of attributes will be weighted heavily due to the complete difference in position and therefore more CA points will be taken up meaning those attributes won't go as high as a player who has less attributes heavily weighted.

@ Martyr

They need to be trained as well

Now DMC to AMC isn't really as big a deal as ST to full back. But I'm wondering a noob question just because I never noticed. Will players get natural in a new position of you play them enough Or do you just need to have them training in it until it becomes natural? I ask because I do know training it to natural (if possible) takes -forever- compared to the awkward to accomplished for the above DMC.

Definitely possible.

I've had :

a D/WB R who is now natural as a D C

a D/DM C who is now natural at D R

a DM C who is now natural at AM C

a D/WB L who is now natural at AM L

Archived