Japanese players

As some may know or may not know my team I support Leicester City have signed Yuki Abe a Japanese player he has 49 caps for Japan how will SI get round this as they dont rights to the J League, Japan nation teams or players so what will happen with FM11 can anyone shed light on this possibly even a mod?

As some may know or may not know my team I support Leicester City have signed Yuki Abe a Japanese player he has 49 caps for Japan how will SI get round this as they dont rights to the J League, Japan nation teams or players so what will happen with FM11 can anyone shed light on this possibly even a mod?

Japanese players are in the game, unless the Keisuke Honda I had in my CSKA save was a mirage.

Man....this makes me happy and sad. I'm happy as it means another japanese player is making his way to europe....but I'm sad because it means that Urawa Reds (the team he is leaving....and the team I support in the J-League) are gonna be weaker.

As for the question....the previous posts are sufficient enough answers I think.

Why the SI don't have rights? Konami? SI could to do like New Star Soccer, changing some letters of japanese players and team name and with the j league (with another name) being available

Yep its because of Konami. I think that if they were to make the j league available, even if they changed the name, they could potentially be sued.

Yep its because of Konami. I think that if they were to make the j league available, even if they changed the name, they could potentially be sued.

Slight;y off topic: But would that be the same reason why Ronaldo {brazilian} used to be known as Calcio in the very old Fifa Games, Such as when he was playing at Inter?

Seems quite silly that you have to secure the rights to use Football players names in computer games

Slight;y off topic: But would that be the same reason why Ronaldo {brazilian} used to be known as Calcio in the very old Fifa Games, Such as when he was playing at Inter?

Seems quite silly that you have to secure the rights to use Football players names in computer games

Well thats the way it is. I'm sure that you would have a problem if someone used your name without permission to make a profit.

Archived