Bebe

Anyone know how SI plans to get to know his attributes, assuming they never saw him play before United. This is of course if they do not see him in reserves or training.

What do you mean? In instances of players transferring to a new club/country more often than not the researcher for the club/country there were at/in is responsible for rating them. As it should be.

I think it is safe to say that he will be something of an unknown quantity, although since he has earned a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world I can't imagine he will be that bad.

I refer you to the case of Dong Fangzhou. And Kleberson. And Eric Djemba Djemba. And Quinton Fortune. ;)

Relatively speaking it would be the same as the reports we had about Collins Mbesuma. Hopefully it isn't true as he was awful.

could someone help please maybe even dafuge

As some may know or may not know my team I support Leicester City have signed Yuki Abe a Japanese player he has 49 caps for Japan how will SI get round this as they dont rights to the J League, Japan nation teams or players if im correct so what will happen with FM11 with like the summer transfer window update can anyone shed light on this possibly even a mod?

could someone help please maybe even dafuge

As some may know or may not know my team I support Leicester City have signed Yuki Abe a Japanese player he has 49 caps for Japan how will SI get round this as they dont rights to the J League, Japan nation teams or players if im correct so what will happen with FM11 with like the summer transfer window update can anyone shed light on this possibly even a mod?

You just opened a thread asking the same thing? I've answered in there.

I refer you to the case of Dong Fangzhou. And Kleberson. And Eric Djemba Djemba. And Quinton Fortune. ;)

I actually meant in terms of the game. If he turns out to be rubbish then he would be adjusted accordingly but the researchers would be rather arrogant to think they have better judgement than Fergie and his team.

None of those players cost anywhere near the amount Bebe cost, with the exception of Brazil internaitonal Kleberson who is doing fantastically well in Brazil atm and despite being an excellent player didn't settle in Europe.

As daf says, it's unlikely that he'll be bad because he's signed for United and I assume daf meant that he'll be top tier quality at the very least, but it's also unliklely that he'll have a PA of -11, as previously mentioned.

Also, Quinton Fortune was an excellent backup player and became something of a cult favourite at Old Trafford, it seems incredibly unfair to list him in the same breath as a "money" signing such as Dong Fangzhou.

I'm just saying, you can't just 'assume' a player will be good because a good team bought him. It's not just United. Francis Jeffers? Richard Wright?

Who do you trust more, the unpaid volunteer researchers for a computer game or the scouts at some of the biggest clubs in the world?

Fine lets just give him a PA of 200. He can't possibly fail because Manchester United bought him.

If that is the average PA for a fringe player at Man Utd then fine, but I don't think it is. The point I was making that it is likely that he will get a PA boost since he is playing for Man Utd compared to a Portugese 2nd division club a year ago.

I don't think the researchers will get carried away, but they would be stupid to think that they know better than Fergie's team of scouts.

I'm just saying, you can't just 'assume' a player will be good because a good team bought him. It's not just United. Francis Jeffers? Richard Wright?

Nobody said he should be fantastic, but the fact he has been signed by United will mean he has a PA of 110+, which means that he will be ok. I genuinely don't see how you could have a problem with that or anything that has been said.

I completely agree with daf and if you think he's saying that Bebe will get a massive PA because of his club then you're not reading what he's saying.

Nobody said he should be fantastic

Somebody said he should be a god. Although it wasn't Dafuge tbf.

And your lying to yourself Dafuge if you think 4 goals in 26 games is a good return at that level. Vitoria spent no money on him.

1. Fortune may not have been the greatest player in the world but he was a Champ! Fergie could have done much worse. In total agreement with Elrithral.

2. Bebe didn't make the squad for the reserves but I think that is being blown slightly out of proportion.

3. Realistically, irl he probably won't be any different from a Manucho - Decent physical attributes but nothing in the way of suggesting he will be a main stay at OT

Can anyone let me know what the -11 PA will mean? I know how the PA and CA ratings work but I am not sure on the negative ratings.

(Never really bothered at looking at those stats as I just use in-game scouts.)

Cheers

Fergie then, or whoever it was at Man Utd that decided to sign him.

From what I understand it was solely on the recommendation of Queiroz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beb%C3%A9

It seems he is a player with a lot of raw tools that United are hoping to shape into a world-class player. Time will tell if he succeeds; it would be unfair to pass judgement on him now! He scored 4 goals in 26 matches for a Portuguese Second Division side - hardly a sparkling record.

I think what some of the posters are driving at is the fact that sometimes PA of players seems to be determined by the team they are on. To an extent this makes sense (the best teams can purchase the best players) but would Bebe's PA in the game be different if he was bought by Leeds rather than Man U? I think it probably would be. Is this right? probably not...

Quite possibly, I was using scouts in the loosest of terms just meaning 'the people who advised the signing'. I've no idea of the actual person who did it.

Queiroz alerted Ferguson to him, but it was a scout who told Ferguson that he should do everything he could to sign him.

And your lying to yourself Dafuge if you think 4 goals in 26 games is a good return at that level. Vitoria spent no money on him.

I never said that he had a great record at that level, or that Vitoria had spent money on him. I just suggested that there was perhaps a reason behind his high profile moves for which the people behind the deals would be in a better position to judge than the volunteer researchers for a computer game.

EDIT: Quick search suggests it was Quieroz who found him, then the scouts who checked him out.

Sir Alex hadn't seen Bebe play before giving the green light for David Gill to travel to Portugal and complete the deal with his club, Vitoria de Guimaraes. However, the boss was prepared to put complete trust in his scouts, and the advice of Carlos Queiroz.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6651488

Bebe may end up being a world beater but if I were a United fan I would be disappointed that 15.8M GBP was spent on Smalling + Bebe when Ozil could have been had for 15M euros :p

Khedira would have been class as well!

Well time will tell. We won't know his stats until FM11 is released, and IRLI'd be prepared to bet a fair amount of money that Bebe doesn't play more than 20mins PL football this year.

I'd take that bet :) Who is coming off the bench instead, Macheda or Owen?

I think what some of the posters are driving at is the fact that sometimes PA of players seems to be determined by the team they are on. To an extent this makes sense (the best teams can purchase the best players) but would Bebe's PA in the game be different if he was bought by Leeds rather than Man U? I think it probably would be. Is this right? probably not...

This really gets to the point I was making. The people that decide the PAs of a player are usually unpaid volunteers that do the research for their club for the love of it, they are not professional scouts. If a player makes a move to a high profile club then the natural assumption is that the high profile club has spotted something that the unpaid volunteer hasn't. It makes sense that a high profile move will result in a change in PA, especially when it is something as dramatic as this.

Of course I agree that his PA will go up (is he even on FM10?) but I don't think he'll be put at around the same levels as other Utd fringe players, e.g Owen.

You have to also wonder why the professional, talented scouts employed by Benfica, Porto and Sporting didn't pick him up.

Well time will tell. We won't know his stats until FM11 is released, and IRLI'd be prepared to bet a fair amount of money that Bebe doesn't play more than 20mins PL football this year.

You may well be right, as a Pompey fan I have seen exactly that happen with Collins Mbesuma. The important point is though, do we give the player a chance now based on Fergie's instincts or do we dismiss them immediately assuming he has made a mistake?

I think we really need to give the biggest clubs in the world the benefit of the doubt in the transfer market until they are proved wrong.

Of course I agree that his PA will go up (is he even on FM10?) but I don't think he'll be put at around the same levels as other Utd fringe players, e.g Owen.

You have to also wonder why the professional, talented scouts employed by Benfica, Porto and Sporting didn't pick him up.

Actually, if you believe the Man Utd site I linked to above, Benfica were interested in him before Man Utd signed him - as well as Real Madrid.

Real Madrid were reportedly preparing to make a move, and they were not the only ones, according to Sir Alex's sources. “You'd have to ask Real if they were interested, but I know they were hovering and so were Benfica. So were one or two other clubs, and that's where you have to make quick decisions in life - and I'm not too bad at that."

Click me

Yeah but I mean why didn't they get him before he went to Vitoria or the lower leagues. The guy was homeless for christsake, I don't think he was haggling over his wages.

It is either mentioned in one of the posts or the links above that Man Utd became interested based on his pre season form for Vitoria. I doubt they knew who he was before that, just like most of us.

Archived