criticism of managing the big teams

The beauty of FM is that there is no right or wrong way to play it. I for one very rarely choose a low tier club to start with or go unemployed, for me the enjoyment is getting stuck in with a big or decent top flight club and either completely dominating from word go or take a mid level club (Hoffenheim, Genoa etc) and take them to the top of the league. This doesn't mean I look down on people who like their lower league stuff (although hardcore LLaMa's are a bit weird) its just a case of whatever floats your boat.

Completely agree, there are a lot of pompous people whom for whatever reason think that their way of playing the game is "far superior". I enjoy managing at the top or at lower level and never judge anybody for the way they prefer to play. These are probably the same people that feel superior because they support a lower league club and assume that all fans of top tier sides are glory supporters.

Nothing wrong with starting as a big club, especially as you support them!

Although i do find it is a lot easier to win things, and once ive won them for two seasons in a row it does get boring. But if your having fun with them, thats great!

I don't have a problem with people managing top clubs. I've done it, too. As mentioned already, the great thing about FM is that you can play it any way you want. Nobody is going to criticize you for managing a team you support, and those who do are silly. Don't let other people choose for you just because it's a socially acceptable club to choose, and so on. Play the way you want, not how they tell you.

Yeah I've no issue with it, but I just get a strange pleasure seeing a weird name on the top of the world though. To me it seems if a team is typically at the top I'm not doing anything new and I just don't find it interesting.

You're right. If you do it, nobody can criticize you

Personally, I just think of a 'challenge' or a interesting team and then I choose them (E.g. In FM11 I will choose River Plate, since it's the rival team of the one I'm a fan of -Boca Juniors-, in order to see if I can manage them without wanting to ruin them)

Archived