Spec question.

Though the built in star rating of game speed and league/players recommended is a bit pants, Mine says half a star game speed if I load all the leagues and players I want. However it doesn't seem to go slow at all and I would say that in fact the game speed is at least a 3 star for me.

Ignore the star rating - SI have confirmed that it's faulty, and you shouldn't bother about it when loading leagues.

It's very difficult to say how many leagues a computer will load - it completely depends on things like how fast you want the game to run, the amount of players you load on top of the leagues, things like that.

Compaq Presario CQ5305 with a Pentium Dual core Processor ES300 2.6Ghz, with 2GB ram installed.

Simple question, how many leagues of FM is that likely to load?

Ta!

My computer's processor is a similar speed to you although I have 4gb ram and I am running 25 leagues so I guess you could try half of that amount and see how it suits you.

I should also say that I also use something called game booster which will temporarily stop any un-needed programs and processes that are running in the background which will also help with performance.

If you want to try it download it at the link below.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Archived