Would I?

In game, go to Options > Preferences. Select Display & Sound in the sidebar. Tick the box that says 'Show Unique IDs' and press confirm. Then go to the player you wish to replace with your picture. You will notice where his position is normally shown there is a number.

Go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics

This is the folder where you need to create a config file. Details are here, but the line you basically want to use is:

<record from="profile" to=graphics/pictures/person/10000/portrait"/>

Where "profile" is the picture filename, and 10000 is the player's Unique ID. The picture must be a .PNG file and I think it has to be smaller than 180x180 pixels. There is no need to use the extension .png in the config file.

Once you have done this, return to your game, and go to Options > Preferences, then Display & Sound. Untick 'Show Players Unique IDs' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Then click Confirm. The skin will reload and the player's picture should be replaced. If not, go back to the Display & Sound page and untick/tick 'Use Skin Cache' based on whether it is ticked/unticked.

There is an option at the bottom of the sidebar to set a nickname for the player, where you can give him your name.

Graphics forum tells you all. For a laugh I replaced some players pictures with cartoon characters, supermodels, OAPs etc.

As canvey says, all you do is make a pic into a 180x180 *.png file and switch it for the 'real' one.

Tbh, whilst it works for replacing real player pics, I haven't tried it for regens with their facegen images.

Archived