Man United's Max Transfer Budget set to £150 million??!?! Help please..........

I am managing Man United, and my transfer kitty is £150million, and my % of transfer revenue made available is 100%.

I have just sold £71million worth of players.. yet my transfer budget is still set at £150million.. Why?!

Is this a) A bug? b) A feature? c) Something else?

Please can someone tell me if this has happened to them, or is even supposed to happen at all?! I want my £71 million!

This game has it all wrong sometimes. What the hell is going on..............

£150m budget, I sell £71m, it should become £221m.

As a test, I signed a player for £10, and low and behold, my kitty now becomes £140m.

Here's the point: If I had signed this player before the £71m sales, my budget would have gone to 140m, then the 71 sales would have brought it back up to 150m. With 61m then being hoovered up by the club. Its not as if the club, in some capacity, arent willing to give me the funds... but my transfers happened the other way around, thus making me plumet to 140, and whatever else I decide to spend.

Should I sell any players while my budget is under 150m, say at £100m, it will always be topped back up to 150m. Its just not far that once it reaches 150m, you cant go over this number, and the money gets essentially wasted. This is ridiculous, it has ruined my game, and there is no point in me playing such an unrealistic game, unless there is a clear fix that someone can point me towards.

So because you can only spend 150 MILLION and not 221 MILLION the game is ruined? Overreact much?

Has it ever occured to you that I may want to sell £500million worth of players, and am now held hostage by this bug?

Have you tried asking the board for more money? Or even adjusting the budget yourself!?

I have tried both, to no avail.

So to conclude, I am not "overeacting much". I am annoyed at an annoying situation, which is the adequate/expected response, and therefore not an over-reation.

Sounds like an over reaction to me...

Sounds like you wanted to play the game how it was never intended.. Get Man U sell all the players and buy your own 'dream team'.

Try starting another game and doing it, if it does the same thing then there is an issue of some kind.

But not many people are going to care if there is an issue with it. 150M is massive. I could make 3 good solid fun teams with that.

Sounds like an over reaction to me...

Sounds like you wanted to play the game how it was never intended.. Get Man U sell all the players and buy your own 'dream team'.

Try starting another game and doing it, if it does the same thing then there is an issue of some kind.

But not many people are going to care if there is an issue with it. 150M is massive. I could make 3 good solid fun teams with that.

Completely ignorant. £150m sometimes only equates to one or two players, if the AI don't want to sell.

And as for the complete assumption that I am trying to "play the game how it was never intended", you are mistaken. I play this game to the best of my abilities with whatever I have at my disposal, depnding on the club I am at. You can't just accuse me of trying to "play the game how it was never intended", with no basis to your accusation!

I am trying to build teams and win trophies... I'm not trying to amass billions of pounds. It would just be nice if the money didnt get taken away from me for no reason.

Should this not be posted in the bugs forum

It's not a definite bug, so I wasn't sure. Someone experienced might come and tell me that everything will be okay... and it won't always be stuck at £150m, which is what I am hoping for. After all, I understand that my board have the right to amend their budgets, and pump whatever money they see fit into the club, rather than my budget.. the issue here would be that it is not very well communicated.. which would then turn my problem into an issue rather than a bug :)

Whilst it may be an issue the limit has to be drawn somewhere to stop someone amassing £2b of available transfer funds - SI have decided that £150m is a sensible enough ceiling for initial transfer budgets. Which isn't unrealistic, it's more the interpretation of the 100% available cash if you sell someone.

Although tbh, you can buy a premiership winning team in the game for an absolute fraction of £150m, so you pretty much suck if you need more than that.

150m is the max limit, if you spend it and have enough money still in the bank, the board will then top up your available to spend funds again.

It's the reason Man City start off with £150m to spend not £500m

Here is the problem with that, please follow this:

If I have a budget of £150m, I can spend all that money on 10th July taking me to £0, then on the 15th July sell players to the value of £150m, leaving me £150m in bank.

However If I do the selling first, and sell those players on 10th July, the budget will Never go above 150m. So it stays at 150m. Then I buy players to the value of 150m, however my budget will go down to 0

Surely you can see the huge flaw here? Both exact same sets of transfers... yet if you do one before the other, you can end up with £150m in the bank, do it the other way around just a few days later, and you end up with 0 in the bank.... where is the logic?

Whilst it may be an issue the limit has to be drawn somewhere to stop someone amassing £2b of available transfer funds - SI have decided that £150m is a sensible enough ceiling for initial transfer budgets. Which isn't unrealistic, it's more the interpretation of the 100% available cash if you sell someone.

Although tbh, you can buy a premiership winning team in the game for an absolute fraction of £150m, so you pretty much suck if you need more than that.

You are rude. Implying that I suck? I have just won 9 prems in a row, and in those seasons won 6 Champions Leagues. I am also competent at all levels of the game, be it at the top, or in the Lower Leagues. Who the hell do you think you are?

I never once said I needed more than that, did I? It's about the issue explained above.. that depending which way round you do your transfers, you can be left with everything or nothing.. its a ridiculous flaw in the game. I am here explaining a major issue. IT IS an issue. I can build teams for a fraction, I'm no dummy. I would just like the option to buy two big name players.. which I now can't do. Seriously, you are rude, you need to check your manners mate.

150m is the max limit, if you spend it and have enough money still in the bank, the board will then top up your available to spend funds again.

It's the reason Man City start off with £150m to spend not £500m

Playing the game as it was not intended.

Besides, just get your 150M then buy someone with it and sell more people back to 150, rinse and repeat.

Who's the ignorant one?

Playing the game as it was not intended.

Besides, just get your 150M then buy someone with it and sell more people back to 150, rinse and repeat.

Who's the ignorant one?

You, for not following

Please follow this:

If I have a budget of £150m, I can spend all that money on 10th July taking me to £0, then on the 15th July sell players to the value of £150m, leaving me £150m in bank.

However If I do the selling first, and sell those players on 10th July, the budget will Never go above 150m. So it stays at 150m. Then I buy players to the value of 150m, however my budget will go down to 0

It's not remotely a major issue.

Not an issue.. even though this clearly points out the flaw in the system?

Please tell me how that isn't a problem.

Because it isn't realistic.

And compared to the other bugs, issues, slight oddities in the game, it's not remotely high on the list

But way to go on constantly repeating yourself and laughing off anyone's help and suggestions with condescending lines, you're really making yourself a pillar of community here. :thup:

Because it isn't realistic.

I know it isnt realistic. Thats what I'm talking about.

You have a board, and a budget, and a board clearly very willing to pay into that budget... only if you do the transfers the correct way around.. which isnt always possible.

As usualy, SI get something wrong. Somebody points it out on here, and you people jump down our throats for reporting an issue which is clearly a real issue.

If SI want to be lifelike, they need to let you spend big amounts of money, if you so choose. I havn't spent anything in the transfer market for 4 seasons... Now all I want is the fruits of my labour to actually allow me to go above the 150m limit.

It isn't realistic to sell £150m of players when you already have £150m of funds available to improve the team.

You are not playing the game as it is intended, but you seem to be struggling with that concept. Perhaps you need to open your eyes a little more and see it from a different angle.

You, for not following

Please follow this:

Dude grow a brain... do you need more then 150m to make any one transaction? No.

Do you have some time limit that makes you have to do all your transfers in 2 shots? No.

So you have 150M on hand, buy some people. You go to 0, sell the other people you wanted to sell back to 150, then buy again.

Otherwise shut-up because it's obvious SI never expected anyone to need more then a 150M transfer budget if they actually limited it like that.

For all your talk I really doubt you can make a half decent team without fist fulls of cash because you are obviously missing very simple concepts completely and not listening to anyone with more sense.

Dude grow a brain... do you need more then 150m to make any one transaction? No.

Do you have some time limit that makes you have to do all your transfers in 2 shots? No.

So you have 150M on hand, buy some people. You go to 0, sell the other people you wanted to sell back to 150, then buy again.

Otherwise shut-up because it's obvious SI never expected anyone to need more then a 150M transfer budget if they actually limited it like that.

For all your talk I really doubt you can make a half decent team without fist fulls of cash because you are obviously missing very simple concepts completely and not listening to anyone with more sense.

You have no idea how I play the game, or the successes that I have had, and continue to have. No need to be rude and be making assumptions.

I hear you, you can do the transfers "the correct" way around.. and the problem is solved. I am listening.

You are not listening to me when I am saying that the issue here is that we do not know this before hand. As far as my in-game info tells me, I have a 150m budget, with 100% of revenue available... and nowhere does it say "by the way, thi swill never go above £150m." Does it? It doesnt say that anywhere?!?! So then I have gone and sold £71 million of players for absolutely nothing, because of poor in game communication. Do you see the issue now?

Obviously it is not a mistake I will make next time. Nor is all this money vital to my successes. However it would have been nice to know.

It isn't realistic to sell £150m of players when you already have £150m of funds available to improve the team.

You are not playing the game as it is intended, but you seem to be struggling with that concept. Perhaps you need to open your eyes a little more and see it from a different angle.

You guys are the ones not listening to me. Nowhere does it say that the budget is capped at 150m. I play the game through bringing in youngsters, and this is not a concept lost on me. It is only your assumptions that have led you to believe I play the game based purely on money.

I have come on here with a money-based question.. yet you have put 2 and 2 together and made 5, because you think that simply by asking a money based question, then suddenly this means thats the way I play the game....

No, You are struggling to hear me when I say the game has communicated itself poorly. I happen to be having a summer clear-out, and re-investing in my youth. It would have been nice to know that my budget will never go above 150m.

In a nutshell, here is the issue:

If SI have decided the budget is to be £150m, thats fine. But why doesn't your board tell you this

Although I do agree that this is strange and probably either a bug or perhaps SI did put in a transfer budget limit. However this is such a minor thing that it is really hard to take you seriously when you write things like this:

"This is ridiculous, it has ruined my game, and there is no point in me playing such an unrealistic game, unless there is a clear fix that someone can point me towards."

If this ruins your game then I dont hope you've experienced any REAL bugs.

Back on track.. make a post about this in the bugs forums and keep playing the game and remember.. have fun with it instead of this I'm-a-10-year-old-spoiled-girl behaviour. ;)

If your transfer budget is low and if your club is in good condition, the board may increase your transfer budget. But if they did not, you can go to the Backroom section and request more transfer budget. Not hard isn't it.

As for the second part saying that it was "poor in game communication", YOu can raise this issue to SI, not shouting at the people here for trying to help.

I'm sure this tread would be closed sooner than later.

Obviously it is not a mistake I will make next time. Nor is all this money vital to my successes. However it would have been nice to know.

Then we are back to where this thread started... you are overreacting.

If it was at all regular for people to want to build some huge transfer pool like that then you probably would have heard about it don't you think? Don't blame others or be so insistent it's a bug because you are going well out of the norm.

And yeah I was rude, but you weren't too cool yourself being all 'not a massive bug?! it's huge and game breaking' kind of mentality about it when it boils down to a simple annoyance even in your own eyes.

Although I do agree that this is strange and probably either a bug or perhaps SI did put in a transfer budget limit. However this is such a minor thing that it is really hard to take you seriously when you write things like this:

"This is ridiculous, it has ruined my game, and there is no point in me playing such an unrealistic game, unless there is a clear fix that someone can point me towards."

If this ruins your game then I dont hope you've experienced any REAL bugs.

Back on track.. make a post about this in the bugs forums and keep playing the game and remember.. have fun with it instead of this I'm-a-10-year-old-spoiled-girl behaviour. ;)

Lol. Maybe it was being a bit spoiled, but heres another point:

Sure, making the cap be £150 may make for a more challenging and rounded game.. but it is hardly one of SI's realisms, is it? Look at Man City...

I know if the budget is too high, then the game will be in danger of becoming some kind of sandbox, and that wouldnt be a good thing. I am just asking for these features to be actually explained to us by our boards... then we wouldnt go wastin £71million in one evening. This is what has annoyed me and led me to think it is ruining my game.

Its not the issue of not being allowed more money, its the issue of not being told

The game does tell you. When you're first given your transfer budget, when you're looking at the player search screen adn wh en you look in the finances tab. It does tell you £150m.

No, the game tells you in various places what your budget is

Nowhere are you informed that this will never rise beyond 150... unless I am missing it?

You're not going to be wasting £71m. I strongly suspect this was added to your bank balance.

Finally someone with some helpful info, instead of making un-based assumptions about my character, and un-based assumptions about the way I play the game, and without implying that I am "crap", just for asking a money-based question!

Sure, making the cap be £150 may make for a more challenging and rounded game.. but it is hardly one of SI's realisms, is it? Look at Man City...

I know if the budget is too high, then the game will be in danger of becoming some kind of sandbox, and that wouldnt be a good thing. I am just asking for these features to be actually explained to us by our boards... then we wouldnt go wastin £71million in one evening. This is what has annoyed me and led me to think it is ruining my game.

Its not the issue of not being allowed more money, its the issue of not being told

Now this is a much better post than your original one :D - And I agree with you.. The board should say that there is a limit (if indeed there is such a limit in the game) or perhaps when your transfer budget is at £150m and you sell a player for £20m.. then there should be a news item stating that the board has decided NOT to increase the transfer budget as they seem it is large enough..something like that

Now go to the bugs forum and post this :p

Actually you are not wasting the money. The money would go in to the clubs revenue, not transfer revenue. So it would be helpful to you after all because the money would be used to expand /build stadia's , academies and training centers.

Finally someone with some helpful info, instead of making un-based assumptions about my character, and un-based assumptions about the way I play the game, and without implying that I am "crap", just for asking a money-based question!

Mate, you should really take a little while to calm down, okay? You're doing yourself no favours. :)

Is this something that is specific to Man Utd? The transfer budget in my game also appears to be capped at £150m, but when I sell players it does go above this. I've had budgets in excess of £200m before (not that I've needed it).

yes I have sold players and gone above £150m before..........................so it sounds strange

by the sound of it winning 7 prems etc on trot you dont need the money mate:p

you could use fmrte to do the necessary if it such a big issue

If you are having to spend £150M on two players then you are massively overspending. By the sounds of it you don't need to improve the team that much, given the success you say that you have had. Although it does sound strange why it's capped at £150M even after selling players, in previous saves my record budget was £180M after off-loading a few players.

Morning Guys,

Entertaining read to say the least :)

Correct me if i'm wrong but.......

When searching for players it tells you at the bottom what your transfer budget is or remaining?

If for example you are given a bduget of £150m and spend 50m you will see - Transfer Budget £150 (Remaining £100)

If you then receive £71m it will say - Transfer Budget £150 (Remaining £171)

Though it still caps the budget at £150 you have in fact got £171?

I see that mostly everyone has been criticising Daemon_Rising here , though I personally don't see what he's done wrong. He's just pointing out a flaw in the game, if it says that he will receive 100% of transfer revenue , then what's the problem with him pointing out that he hasn't received anything? Not once had he actually complained that £150m isn't enough money for him , but naturally he would expect a return on his outgoing players. As for answering your problem though , its just another bug in the game I would expect.

I see that mostly everyone has been criticising Daemon_Rising here , though I personally don't see what he's done wrong. He's just pointing out a flaw in the game, if it says that he will receive 100% of transfer revenue , then what's the problem with him pointing out that he hasn't received anything? Not once had he actually complained that £150m isn't enough money for him , but naturally he would expect a return on his outgoing players. As for answering your problem though , its just another bug in the game I would expect.

+1

And I also wonder who decides how this game is "intended to be played" because I might not be following that and as it seems to upset people quite a bit here I obviously want to correct that.

/JB

Well I just read through the thread and I have to say that many people have missed this guy's point and instead have jumped on his back and given him a hard time based on the funds he has.

Quite shocked actually.

There are two things here:

1) The bug is that if he depletes his £150M and then sells players, the income from those sales will be added back to his kitty. If he sells first, hence making the club money, but then buys £150M worth of players, he ends up with £0 and not the net amount.

2) As Captain Planet mentioned, SI limited the transfer funds, but I still believe that it IS a bug that the AI doesn't take into account previous sales and simply tops up to that amount when dropping below it, thus achieving their stated limit but allowing the finances to continue to fully work.

I believe this is something that SI are looking at for FM2011, although I'm not 100%.

But the money he recieves still goes into the club account. I don't really see that there's a huge problem here, once the transfer budget has been used up you can just ask for more money from the board, and they should accept given that they have just had £71m from player sales.

Archived