Newcastle 8.0.2

I just started a game with them yesterday. They have a lot of money to spend, but they have a lot of injuries at the start. You will have to get through the first 6 weeks without Owen,Barton,Duff and Given. I'd suggest tying down martins with a new contract ASAP, he has a buyout of about 12 million at the start.

Big budget, low expectations in first season yet an ambitious resourceful chairman, great fanbase? Newcastle are an excellent choice of team.

If youth coaches really do help youngsters come through the academy then I imagine qualities like JCA, JPA and working with youngsters are vital, making Peter Beardsley one of the best youth coaches in the game.

The low initial expectations and high budget make investing in quality youth players an obvious strategy, newcastle have good depth across the field to begin with so there is no required place to start. You can also increase your kitty by selling on M.Owen for 15-20m, who won't handle more than 20 games a season anyway.

Im currently managing Newcastle on 8.02. Im quite enjoying myself, would recommend them. I managed to finish 3rd first season and ive started off in similar fashion in my second season and im fairly rubbish at the game.

The plus sides of managing newcastle are obviously the low expectations for the first season and the amount of money to spend. There arent amazingly world class players interested at the start but still some very good players. Id suggest van der vaart - he was awesome for me first season. I would agree that a new contract for martins is a priority, he was decent for me too, not amazing stats but did well. N'Zogbia was also good, id suggest playing him. Id also suggest not cashing in on Owen. I dont know what he was like for anybody else but for me once he was over his injury that he begins with, he was injury free for the rest of the season - scored over 30 goals for me too.

Oh and steven taylor has been a god. Hes currently being tracked by rel, sevilla, milan etc.

i told my board i would achieve continental qualification through league finish and they gave me over £40m..!..couldn't believe it so bought Kompany, Van Der Varte, loads of promising youngsters....also got Song and Wright-Phillips on loan...currently at Xmas and in 5th place using the 2-6-2 formation in T&T forum, Martins is top scorer in Premiership....very enjoyable..!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Too much money available makes it far too easy at Newcastle in 8.0.2.

I'd edit the DB first to take away most of that cash, or make the chairman less likely to give it to you until you prove yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean by easy? easy as in you won the premiership or too easy to meet the current expectations?

Tbf Ackter id guess we are going to try and spend big in the summer so £30m aint too bad, remember we didnt spend anything hardly in jan. You could always use the disable transfers for first season box so Newcastle wont spend till the summer 08 which is what will happen irl. We dont have that good reputation in 8.0.2, im sure its only around 7000 so we wont attract very big players & we arnt in europe so we dont have that to attract players either. Have you brought this up in the data issue forum btw?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NickBlues:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Too much money available makes it far too easy at Newcastle in 8.0.2.

I'd edit the DB first to take away most of that cash, or make the chairman less likely to give it to you until you prove yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean by easy? easy as in you won the premiership or too easy to meet the current expectations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too easy to exceed realistic expectations.

i see what you mean, i stated top half finish and got £39 million to spend. but i also still consider it a challenge given some of the players in the squad- smith,carr, butt are really poor and add to that the injuries to owen, duff and given.

Short term scope for re building but i doubt the patience will last into the 2nd season...

I think there's too many teams that expect a title challenge just two seasons in. Teams like West Ham, Villa, City, Spurs and Newcastle all want you to challenge for the title after just two years. I'd imagine there are a couple more like this (Everton probably) but I've not played as everybody.

IRL I doubt any of these teams would be so demanding. Out of those listed only Tottenham could realistically ask for a title challenge after two years with significant investment. With the others I imagine it would be more like a 4-5 year plan.

Im trying inpatiently to be Newcastle's saviour - Why the hell can't I get rid of (JUDAS)Dennis Wise amongst others?

I thought all staff were supposed to accept Mutual Termination?

I'm trying to bring in better coaching staff and players and my Chairman M Ashley is an idiot!

Can't he see im going to be The Geordie answer to Arsene Wenger/Mourinho

AARRRGH Frustrations!!!!

I seem to have turned my Newcastle team into the most boring team in the Prem. Not sure how the fans feel about it, but bar my 4-2 defeat away at Everton first game of the season I haven't conceded more than one in any of the next ten league games and haven't scored more than two, bar a 3-0 at home to Derby. A lot of 1-0's and 0-0's....still, everyone seems happy so far!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robertodibaggio:

I seem to have turned my Newcastle team into the most boring team in the Prem. Not sure how the fans feel about it, but bar my 4-2 defeat away at Everton first game of the season I haven't conceded more than one in any of the next ten league games and haven't scored more than two, bar a 3-0 at home to Derby. A lot of 1-0's and 0-0's....still, everyone seems happy so far! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am the complete opposite!

Since starting I made a conscious decision to play attacking football, losing 4-3 at the emirates, and hammering Liverpool 4-0 at home! Worked well up to Christmas, Im currently sitting 5th in the prem but have stuttered a but, losing 5-2 at Fulham, and 2-0 at Bolton.

Not sure if this is temporart, but I may have to have a re think!

Interestingly, my only 0-0 came at Stamford Bridge!!

I've been playing as Newcastle since launch, but Ashley had already cleared our debts so I replicated that in the database.

This makes it quite easy to make money long-term. In 2012/13 I was given a transfer budget of £126m. Each year I've had a net transfer spend of £20-£40m but still the money keeps coming in.

Personally I flogged Owen straight off, he's unlikely to renew his contract so I got him scoring, then sold him in Jan for £15m. Martins went the following summer for £13m. True, they're both dangerous players and I could have kept them but I felt the money could be better spent elsewhere. With hindsight, I perhaps should have kept Martins (Even if just to sell at a higher price a couple of years later) but Owen I have no regrets about selling.

Whatever you do, best of luck.

Archived