Turkish European Qualification

I have a question regarding the European qualification via the league. The rules state that;

Top Two teams qualify for the European Champions Cup

Teams placed 3rd-6th qualify for the Euro Cup (Depending on the Turkish Cup winner)

The bit in bold is the one that I need clarification on. In the Semi-Finals of the Turkish Cup are Bursaspor, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas. Fener are 2nd, Gala 1st and Besiktas 4th, Bursaspor are 8th. Would I be right in saying that if one of Gala or Fener won it, then the spot would go to the 7th place team? Is that the same with Besiktas?

Anwsers would be welcome.

Nottingham is wrong.

There are 4 places and they go to 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th.

If the Cup winners finish outside the top six then they take a place at the expense of the 6th place club - 7th never gets a place unless Turkey gain more European places.

Nottingham is wrong.

If the Cup winners finish outside the top six then they take a place at the expense of the 6th place club - 7th never gets a place unless Turkey gain more European places.

Oops so I am sorry mate. i didnt read it right. Sorry Peter G.

Nottingham is wrong.

This is correct.

Glad to see you finished 5th anyway :)

Archived