So have you seen a straight red card for......

I have never seen a player sent off for committing a foul when he is inside his own box and a penalty has been awarded.

So many times I've gotten a penalty, but even if the defender happens to be the last man, he only gets a yellow.

So have anyone seen a player sent off in this situation?

Seen a few straight reds... There was a similar thread to this a few days ago where I mention the 2 reds given out for fouls on scoring chances. One was on a defender making what looked slightly like a tackle from behind (hard to tell as everyone knows) on a striker past the back line but not in the penalty area. The other was an intentional hand ball by the keeper right at the edge of the area (guess he stepped out even though he looked in) with my man free behind the line again and running onto the ball, so it was an intentional hand ball that stopped a scoring chance kind of thing.

Was very surprised by both instances, thought the game handled in very well. felt like a real match how they happened.

I've seen two straight red cards for opponents so far in my current season, 16 games in..

Both were professional fouls, last man and penalties were awarded.

I tend to get a lot of free-kicks around the box and have seen the "last man" sent off a couple of times on those occasions too.

It could be aided by my attacking tactics, which looks to hit teams on the break, in space.

I've seen lots of reds but for one sole reason: the last defender commits a foul. SI should tweak that so that it happens also in the middle of the field when an elbow is thrown, a brutal tackle, etc. Right now it's too limited.

That's almost the opposite of my experience. Most of the straight reds I see seem to be for elbows or two footed tackles, and nearer to the half-way line than the goal. If anything, I find that it feels too lenient with last man fouls, I seem to see an awful lot of players given only a yellow after bringing down a striker who'd otherwise have had only the keeper to beat.

(And to answer the OP: I've seen straight reds given for fouls in the box, but they do seem much rarer than in real life)

It seems to me that you'll get a red if there's no one else in the box, but if there's a a scramble and a foul you only get a yellow, even if it's still a last man/denying a goalscoring opportunity.

And that is something that has bugged me because I stuff that would get a player sent off but since the foul takes place in the box and a ref give the penalty, he only gives a yellow as if he is being merciful to the perpetrator.....as if the penalty is enough punishment enough....

I've seen lots of reds but for one sole reason: the last defender commits a foul. SI should tweak that so that it happens also in the middle of the field when an elbow is thrown, a brutal tackle, etc. Right now it's too limited.

My experience is different. I`ve often seen players being sent off for a two-footed tackle, tackles from behind and elbows, although the latter you can`t see yourself. This season I`ve already seen it about 7 times, of which 2 of my own players. Red cards for badly tackling as the last man happen often enough for me as well. They don`t happen much, but 6 times out of 42 matches is a good average, I`d say.

Archived