Why aren't professional fouls punished?

I agree.

Also, you go into games against certain opponents, and you know you are going to come out of the game with 4 players injured. It's not stamped out, or frowned upon.

A few months back(in game) I played Chelsea. They injured 3 of my players, like they usually do, and all 3 has to be subbed off. Not one player recieved a booking or a red for this. then soon after I had subbed my third due to injury, one of my players makes an extremely minor foul, and gets booked. Totally unbalanced.

Quite a few times I've had someone clean through, fouled, but they never even get a booking

I've never seen a ref do this in real life when it's so blatant, it's almost like it hasn't been coded in?

I've seen lots of red cards for professional fouls so its definitely there.

I suspect the times when you don't get a card are those when the incident looks worse on the 3d than how the ME calculated it or the referee has a habit of not giving cards. I'm playing in Italy atm and all the referees seem to give out high levels of cards, much higher than any other league I've used in this version - Inter for example had over a 120 yellows and 21 reds last season!

Well he's clean through on the keeper with only the fouling defender near him, so unless the ME is flat out lying to us what's happening, what's going on?

What does the match report say? It often gives a clearly idea of whats happened.

They are, or at least they are kind of.

Judging, whether a foul is to be regarded as profesional or not is a very difficult task for the ME and it's not realistic to expect it to be spot on every time.

I'm sure SI are working on this part as well and we can expect to see this improved along with many other things.

Every time I've seen a player clean through get fouled someone's been sent off.

if there's a player level with him pretty much but the other side of the pitch then usually it's a yellow though as they're thinking there was cover.

There was 12 penalties given in my matches last season resulting in 1 yellow 0 red and

3 were fouls by the keeper.

The yellow was for a bizarre off the ball incident when the ball was 40m away

Funny thing is I just started a thread about penalties and lack of red cards in these situations.

Regarding the matter at hand, a lot of times I have seen players get straight red cards for blatant looking fouls.....but these never happen in the penalty box.

I don`t have much bad to say about the refs, to be honest. Most of the times they do it pretty well and if they don`t, it usually reflects in their ratings after I check the rating for the referee. The match analyst also regularly tells that the referee was too much in favor of the visitors or home team, so that explains a lot as well.

Archived