Salisbury

Im Droylsden on my save mate and im £260k ish in the red. There isnt alot you can do as when you are in the lower leagues you will generally make a loss. The best thing to do is to try and do well in the cups. Espcially the FA Cup as they can give you some prize money and gate receipts. If you draw a big team.

If you have any high earners that you don't need you can try the obvious and offload them or offer lower contracts. Check for win bonuses or play bonuses and remove if needed on the contracts.

Other than that...you can win more games and encourage more fans to come :D

ive started a new save with salisbury, how can i make money as im in 350k debt and i only have like 500 wage budget left, is there anyways of me making money, to try and get out of debt?

You don't is the honest answer.

In the lower leagues you shouldn't expect to make any money as most clubs struggle to even break even with many relying on fund raising or the board investing more money.

Get players in from Reunion, very cheap - friendlies don't make as much money as they have on previous games though.

Best way to get on is accept that you are going to be operating at a loss for a few seasons until you have a few promotions, after which you will find your finances becoming very healthy - especially as you have learned to have a very tight control over your finances in the tough times.

I'm currently in League 2 with Solihull Moors and although the first 2 seasons were tough, promotion into the football league ensured that I would be running a healthy profit year on year.

Good luck!

The easiest way is careful selection of friendlies, looking for the most lucrative options available to you from the appearance fees.

Good free transfers are obviously beneficial when there's no transfer kitty to dip into. Don't be afraid or frustrated at having to be a selling club. It's a wrench to lose one of your best players to a "bigger" club, but the return on your initial investment will help build a more stable platform for the future. (Bah... I sound like a bloomin' financial adviser! ;) )

Keep a trim squad. Cover for all but the very worst eventualities when it comes to injury and suspension. When building your squad, look at players able to play in more than one position. More cover from individuals, means less need for additional backup players. As a small club, unless you're particularly bothered about your youth and reserve teams, selling and/or mutually releasing them can get them off your wage bill. It's likely that to begin with, none of them will be good enough to play first team football, or will develop into anything worth keeping.

Finally, don't be afraid to negotiate wages and have a wage in mind when negotiating. You don't always have to accept the initial proposal by the player or the agent. Some won't budge, but most will, even if it's only a small difference. All savings add up. :)

The easiest way is careful selection of friendlies, looking for the most lucrative options available to you from the appearance fees.

Good free transfers are obviously beneficial when there's no transfer kitty to dip into. Don't be afraid or frustrated at having to be a selling club. It's a wrench to lose one of your best players to a "bigger" club, but the return on your initial investment will help build a more stable platform for the future. (Bah... I sound like a bloomin' financial adviser! ;) )

Keep a trim squad. Cover for all but the very worst eventualities when it comes to injury and suspension. When building your squad, look at players able to play in more than one position. More cover from individuals, means less need for additional backup players. As a small club, unless you're particularly bothered about your youth and reserve teams, selling and/or mutually releasing them can get them off your wage bill. It's likely that to begin with, none of them will be good enough to play first team football, or will develop into anything worth keeping.

Finally, don't be afraid to negotiate wages and have a wage in mind when negotiating. You don't always have to accept the initial proposal by the player or the agent. Some won't budge, but most will, even if it's only a small difference. All savings add up. :)

I did this with my Droylsden save and I only had a squuad of 18 players. Then when I got to feb I brought 8 short term loans. I got promoted automatically. :).

LLM is all about getting the frees in on cheap contracts. There are plenty of them out there if you take the time to search and it won't eat too much into your wage budget. Also agree with getting in utility players who can cover a number of positions

As others have said... go for players available for free.

My first season as Worcester wasn't much fun. I finished 1 point clear of relugation and the sack in the BSS but spent the year strengthening. I have now signed 16 players, 15 on free contracts and just bought a striker from league 2 for 2K. No money upfront and the 2K is spread across 2 years . Iv'e still managed to keep my wage bill around the same level as last years and in line with board reccomendations.

The club is losing heaps of money still but the team is starting to gel and we're now 2nd with 15 games gone in the BSN.

BlueSquareSouthern-6.jpgBlueSquareNorthern.jpgcareer.jpg

Archived