How to stop run of defeats ?

Well, I just got promoted to Premier Division with Real Betis. First few matches it was fine, 3 wins, couple of draws and few loses. Then I started losing to anyone. Now I am underdog going into any match and my players' morale are terrible. What to do to stop this run? Change of tactics doesn't work, I've already been there. If things keep going the way they are now I am sucked and the team relegated. Suggestions please.

It will be hard when you first get promoted and some people will say against the big teams play attacking football with counter attack on. The reason for this against the big teams is because they will be more open against you which means if you play attacking a nick a goal or 2 you can then sit back. Against teams where you think you could win play normal and try and get a win. Against these teams play hoof ball(if you have strong striker). and get him to supply your midfielders and other striker. This is only my opinion but I hope it helps. :).

It doesn't appear in the menu.

It could mean that either your form is not considered bad enough to warrant it or your captain has not been involved enough in the recent games. I seem to remember calling one through my vice captain once, is that possible?

It could mean that either your form is not considered bad enough to warrant it or your captain has not been involved enough in the recent games. I seem to remember calling one through my vice captain once, is that possible?

Dafuge I have never seen them before and it only ever comes up occasionally but not of a drop down menu. Well it never has for me.

Dafuge I have never seen them before and it only ever comes up occasionally but not of a drop down menu. Well it never has for me.

It appears in the player interaction list for your captain (or possibly vice captain). No idea where the thought of a drop down menu has come from.

Then it has never been applicable for you. The option only ever appears under certain conditions, which is usually when your team has a dramatic drop in form for a run in matches.

OK. Ive had it once but it just appeared in my news screen and I asked my captain to call a team meeting. Nothing good came of it though.

OK. Ive had it once but it just appeared in my news screen and I asked my captain to call a team meeting. Nothing good came of it though.

The chances are you could have called that meeting a bit earlier, which may or may not have made a difference. Any time your form takes a turn for the worse it is worth checking your captain just in case.

The chances are you could have called that meeting a bit earlier, which may or may not have made a difference. Any time your form takes a turn for the worse it is worth checking your captain just in case.

Ok thanks for the advice. It could have helped in my 1st season at Droylsden towards the end when we didnt win for about 6 games. Thanks anyway mate. :).

This happens to me often. I've taken St Albans from BSS to league1 in consecutive seasons. I'm predicted to finish last every season, and my players are always rated as way worse than the opposition. To start with my match odds are usually 4-1 or worse every time.

I find it quite easy to win - if I use encouraging/'nice' teamtalks then my players play well and I win. Trouble comes when I've won about 4 or 5 in a row and then I draw/lose one to a last minute goal. It seems from then on that all players will be 'looking complacent' or 'playing nervously' from the start, and even though odds are close I get totally outplayed by the teams I was easily beating before.

I read on another thread somewhere to try using your normal pre-match team talk ('we can win' usually) but then setting ALL players to the individual team talk of 'I expect a performance'.

I tried this - and it works a charm. I have a couple of extra conditions which I apply to this rule:

1) I only ever do it in a home game. Usually, if I lose a couple in a row I do it in the very next home game. Sometimes if I lose just one, but the next game is home to a rubbish team I'll do it then, effectively after the first loss.

2) I don't give the talk to someone if I think it's going to make them nervous. Usually if they are under 20, new to the club, really poor morale or are generally a rubbish player that just can't perform at the level I'm at. I usually end up giving the talk to 9 or 10 of the players with one or two left on the team option.

It works. I used to struggle to go more than 4 or 5 games undefeated - especially at the back end of the season when my team starts to be considered as quite good by the media. I'm now 15 games into my league1 season having lost only 1 - I went the first ten games with 8 wins 2 draws. Each time I do the 'expect a perfomrance' my team seem to come racing out of the blocks, with half or more on 'playing with confidence'. It's not unusual to go two or three goals up in the first half.

Also - if I do this and I'm winning at halftime, I usually tell my team 'not to let performance drop'. I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but I can't recall letting any 2/3 goal leads slip away so can't be that bad.

I had a 19 match winless streak as Gateshead after a few promotions, just keep going and eventually won a match, and then went on to win 5 out of 6. Was mental the change in form, I just used the 'do it for the fans' speach and it seemed to raise their game, albeit i was due a win anyway.

It can be very hard to get out of though.

Well, being just two points away from relegation zone and losing 4 out of 6 last games isn't bad enough ? You may be right, my captain hasn't been playing much recently but there's no such option in vice captain either. I don't know, I am afraid to play next game cos I know it may end really bad for me.

Thanks for advices though :)

Well, being just two points away from relegation zone and losing 4 out of 6 last games isn't bad enough ?

It depends on the expectations at the club I think. If your club was expected to lose those 4/6 then the option may not appear, however if you are supposed to be a midtable club then it really should.

usually i save, exit and load game again and continue from there. (note im not talking about saving before everygame and reload if u lost.)

its a belief to me that reloading ur game somehow changes something. lol

LOL, great advice. Maybe I'll go even further and restart the computer :p

Archived