Continental Status Already

Hi, I started a new game as Charlton Athletic about 2 weeks ago and I won League One in my first season in charge with 104 points. Now I'm in September 2010 I've signed about 10 players on free transfers/loans and spent £0 throughout my career at Charlton as the club are broke and I'm currently top of the Championship (W5 D1 L0) and I've just been moved up to a 'Continental' status (started at 'National'/'Pro Footballer').

IMO this is way too early, I'm actually quite surprised about this!

Has anyone had any similar experiences and what's your opinion on it?

what nationality is your manager? if he's from Oceania or Asia or something, it's definitely easier to get "continental" reputation than in a more footballing continent, because it's referring to your reputation in your home region.

This is due to your chosen past experience. As an ex-Pro you are a well known person already, though not a former huge star.

Still, that is enough to make you known in the business from the start already and realistically if then in your first year in the job you excel by just trashing L1, you would certainly be considered a legitimate candidate for a few EPL jobs and definitely for the highest CCC jobs. Managers in that area are described as having 'continental' reputation by the game. This should however not be taken to literally. People in Belgium will probably still not know you. But if you compare it to other managers it should be a rather accurate representation of your own market position.

I agree that it looks a bit odd though.

What I would like to see are a bit more differentiated reputation levels and/or the reintroduction of the manager ranking which would enable you to see whether with a 'national' reputation you are among the top 30 in England or rather around #70 in the English market. Unfortunately the game will most probably refer to your reputation as 'national' in both cases whereas very obviously in one case you could get very decent job while standing no chance in the other.

:)

something must be wrong, in my game i started as a sunday footballer and with worchester i took them all the way up to the premiership and im only a national.

Past experience :-/

I agree, this area is far from perfection.

well its not a suprise for me i also won the league 1 with leeds and took them to the top of the championship!!! and there was a news to ask my opinion for the post of fiorentina who was in the cl!!! ( I REJECTED IT)

@UGEN64= That must also be in effect as my nationality is maldives (ever heard of that ??)

Archived