"Worried by the lack of harmony at the club" for no reason.... ruining my game....

All my players are telling me that they are "Worried by the lack of harmony at the club". Nothing has happened, we are unbeaten in the league, winning more than ever. Virtually all my players morale are at superb, and a couple are on "very good", just I kepe recieving these messages telling me there is no harmony.

All my team talks have been normal, praising and no criticisms. This is crazy... why is this happening?

Look at your players personal page for slight/major concerns.

A lot will say "Dismayed/worried by lack of harmony", don't worry about those find the ones with other concerns and fix them. Once fixed the other players will calm down.

Do what Cougar said. This onyl happens if you don't take care managing your team. Your Assisstant usually tells you of problems before they become a real problem. Just make sure you keep everyone as happy as possible.

Your Assisstant usually tells you of problems before they become a real problem.

This really is the key. If you can find the problem before it escalates then you shouldn't ever get problems with a lack of harmony. The best ways to do this are to regularly hold backroom mettings, pay special attention to any slight concerns your assistant raises through the news and check the personal pages of your entire squad every now and again (which is also a great way to spot players after a new challenge early).

Something as minor as a failed tutoring relationship can lead to this - especially if one or both of the failed players are favoured personell of someone else in the squad.

This was exactly it, a failed tutoring. I thought Neji was a bit harsh saying that "This onyl happens if you don't take care managing your team". I've been taking care for 8 and a half seasons in this game save, and since CM99-00 overall! Half my squad got annoyed just because a player tuturing failed.. this seems a little out of balance. Especially seeing as their personality types are the same. I do take care, this just seems to me like an unfair punishment to a very minor occurence.

Feels like I'm getting a life sentence for parking on a double yellow line.

Be mindful of player personalities.

I've always preferred "determined" and "professional" players. Players with similar personalities tend to have less problems I find.

When squad building, I'll even look at personality in a similar way to player attributes, sometimes favouring a lesser quality player overall, if their personality suits that of my team better.

Be mindful of player personalities.

I've always preferred "determined" and "professional" players. Players with similar personalities tend to have less problems I find.

When squad building, I'll even look at personality in a similar way to player attributes, sometimes favouring a lesser quality player overall, if their personality suits that of my team better.

I think Heath is right, my teams generally consist of people with the same/similar personalities and I have only had harmony problems once, and that was before I cared about players personalities.

This was exactly it, a failed tutoring. I thought Neji was a bit harsh saying that "This onyl happens if you don't take care managing your team". I've been taking care for 8 and a half seasons in this game save, and since CM99-00 overall! Half my squad got annoyed just because a player tuturing failed.. this seems a little out of balance. Especially seeing as their personality types are the same. I do take care, this just seems to me like an unfair punishment to a very minor occurence.

It is unfortunate and frustrating when this happens, especially so if they look to have similar personalities, although I rarely suffer from it as a problem.

On occasions where I do encounter failed tutoring and resultant personality clashes, I will keep the senior player, but look to send the junior player out on loan (if I want to keep him long-term). Failing that, I bite the bullet and sell the junior player. If he's causing problems, when he looks to be compatible with the tutor, then there must be another hidden personality attribute difference causing the clash of personalities. Higher ambition, controversy, are just two potential causes.

Sometimes, if I'm not totally sure, I lean towards "learn from" or "adopt approach" over "role model". The latter is suggesting, for lack of a better explanation, that the younger player effectively mimics the tutor in every way. Even slight differences in character can sometimes fall out. Perhaps at the moment, it's too fine a line between success/failure?

I just want to pick up on a couple of points to hopefully aid you in the future.

A) Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same? Aside from PPMs the primary reason to tutor players is to alter/improve their personality/mental attributes. If their personalities are the same the difference/improvement that can be made in the tutee is minimal. Its also worth pointing out that you can also make a player worse by picking a poor tutor.

B) I have a suspicion that part of the reason the lack of harmony has spread quickly is because you have a lot of clashes of personality/poor personalities within your squad. Although you say you do take care I think you need to give more thought to other areas of a player not just his attributes. Last night for instance I was offered what is probably one of the best newgens in my save but I passed on him because I didn't feel he would fit into my team due to personality etc.

I just want to pick up on a couple of points to hopefully aid you in the future.

A) Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same? Aside from PPMs the primary reason to tutor players is to alter/improve their personality/mental attributes

Kind of answered it for me, but the reasons I tutored the player was a) to gain PPM's, and b) Because their personalities can be the same without their mental stats also being the same. If I want a youngster to improve his mental aspect, I see the best way to do this is by learning from an older player. Naturally, i would pick an older player with the "same personality", but I wouldn't expect my younger players mental stats to be the same.

Edit:I have also just done some searching, and the players who were causing an uproar in my team have the following personality types: Fairly determined, Fairly determined, Balanced, Balanced, Professional, Professional, and one "Fairly Ambitious". These types generally fit in with my determined, professional bunch that I already have, so I'm struggling to see where the personality clashes come in for them all to be moaning of harmony issues.

However, all these guys either seem to be "outspoken" or "volatile" when it comes to media handling. Not sure if this links into personality, but its the only negative I can pick up on.

this only happens when you get your assistant to do prematch/postmatch interviews with the media. It happens to me all the time yet it doesnt stop me from winning the title

I dont think this is true. I have my assistant doing all pre-post match interviews and have never had this problem. If its happening to you when you send your assistant then I suggest you look at your assistants stats and get a better one.

Kind of answered it yourself, but the reasons I tutored the player was a) to gain PPM's, and b) Because their personalities can be the same without their mental stats also being the same. If I want a youngster to improve his mental aspect, I see the best way to do this is by learning from an older player. Naturally, i would pick an older player with the "same personality", but I wouldn't expect my younger players mental stats to be the same.

It seems you don't fully understand the tutoring process - the attributes that tutoring alters are mainly hidden attributes (Professionalism, loyalty, pressure, ambition etc) and the visible attribute of determination although I think it does help a little to improve other visible mental attributes.

The hidden attributes can't be seen within the game but they shape a player's personality while the coach/scout reports can give you an idea of their level.

Some of his players have forged extremely strong relationships - they are favoured personell of eachother - and as a result any discrepancy or view of unfair treatment will lead them to "take sides". They have an invested interest in the happiness of their close friend, and therefore choose to be vocal about it.

If Liverpool put Torres up for transfer or even sell him, then naturally Gerrard will become upset as Torres is his favorite player. Same thing if Torres fails to tutor Pacheco and becomes unhappy as a result of it.

It seems you don't fully understand the tutoring process - the attributes that tutoring alters are mainly hidden attributes (Professionalism, loyalty, pressure, ambition etc) and the visible attribute of determination although I think it does help a little to improve other visible mental attributes.

The hidden attributes can't be seen within the game but they shape a player's personality while the coach/scout reports can give you an idea of their level.

I just think youre not following me. You asked, quote "Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same? Aside from PPMs the primary reason to tutor players is to alter/improve their personality/mental attributes."

In itself, you answer the question. I tutor to get my youngster professionalism/determination up. This aids them in their bid to reach full potential. You propose the question saying "Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same?" - but what is wrong with this? Their mental attributes are not the same.. one will be weaker than the other, hence the tutelage. Choosing the same personality for tutor/teacher just makes sense.

I just think youre not following me. You asked, quote "Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same? Aside from PPMs the primary reason to tutor players is to alter/improve their personality/mental attributes."

In itself, you answer the question. I tutor to get my youngster professionalism/determination up. This aids them in their bid to reach full potential. You propose the question saying "Why are you tutoring players if their personalities are the same?" - but what is wrong with this? Their mental attributes are not the same.. one will be weaker than the other, hence the tutelage. Choosing the same personality for tutor/teacher just makes sense.

To be clear tutoring changes hidden attributes, the only visible one is determination. The mental attributes you can see (eg composure, aggression, teamwork etc) improve naturally and I have a suspicion that tutoring helps/speeds up the process but there has been no evidence to prove it as far as I know.

Here is a link to Lyssien's Personality Guide

Taking professional as an example from your previous post we can see that the player has professionalism of 18 or 19 with a temperament of 9+ Tutoring that player with another "Professional" tutor will see next to no change in his professionalism while you could easily be making his temperament worse instead of better. The personality gives you no clue as to other hidden attributes such as loyalty, ambition, pressure etc but you can view their determination. Without more knowledge you could also be making these attributes worse as well.

There are times when using a tutor with the same personality is a good idea but you need to gain an understanding of your squad/players and have an idea of a tutor's hidden attributes first.

Sometimes, if I'm not totally sure, I lean towards "learn from" or "adopt approach" over "role model". The latter is suggesting, for lack of a better explanation, that the younger player effectively mimics the tutor in every way. Even slight differences in character can sometimes fall out. Perhaps at the moment, it's too fine a line between success/failure?

The only effect of the three different options is how the tutor reacts.

The more important the player is to your team the higher the option you should pick. Personally I use the top option for key players & the middle one for everyone else and have never had an issue.

This really is the key. If you can find the problem before it escalates then you shouldn't ever get problems with a lack of harmony. The best ways to do this are to regularly hold backroom mettings, pay special attention to any slight concerns your assistant raises through the news and check the personal pages of your entire squad every now and again (which is also a great way to spot players after a new challenge early).

While we are at it, what do you do if someone wants a new challenge?

I'm at Arsenal in 2018 and still have around 6-8 of the current players on that team, but most of them want a new challenge. I however would like to keep them as I like being loyal with a team.

I know, I could offer new contracts but I don't want to do that every time as it costs quite a bit in signing fees and only few of the are starting XI players and they are oldish, so I don't want to hand out new 3 year contracts every time...

New contracts is the only solution I've found. If you don't do that then they usually just stay unhappy and see out their contracts and leave for nothing. Costs a bomb if you've got a group of quality players who regularly want a new challenge.

New contracts is the only solution I've found. If you don't do that then they usually just stay unhappy and see out their contracts and leave for nothing. Costs a bomb if you've got a group of quality players who regularly want a new challenge.

This or loaning them out. But that can even make them more unhappy if they think they're too good to be loaned out.

Archived