Shielding The Ball

I watch on extended highlights and never see a player shielding the ball from the opposition and letting it run out for a goal kick, does this happen on FM? If not it seems a bit strange as it is a common part of football and must happen at least 10 times a game.

Never seen it either, and I've seen it rolling out for a goal kick, not an attacker in sight, and the D sprinted over to it a boot it into touch right at the line... I literally asked the screen, "WTF was that?!" lol

This game is better then that SI, sort it out.

As anyone who watches regular football knows sometimes shielding the ball goes wrong and the defender gets tackled whilst trying to shield the ball out, can you imagine the amount of posts on here asking what the hell their defender was doing, people would go mad.

As anyone who watches regular football knows sometimes shielding the ball goes wrong and the defender gets tackled whilst trying to shield the ball out, can you imagine the amount of posts on here asking what the hell their defender was doing, people would go mad.

True, but it's one thing if they are under pressure. Like I said I see it happen when there isn't any pressure at all. At least 3-4 times I remember, the one above is just the most amazing to me.... it looked like he was trying to save a cover he ran so hard to the ball. but it was just an over hit long pass.

All defender clearances need looking at it's the area of the match engine that annoys me most.

Defense AI as a whole... love seeing my marking 17 guy letting his tight mark walk away from him on EVERY through ball.... I've actually stopped tightly marking for the most part, it's no worse and sometimes seems better. But oh well, their D breaks down just as easy, just need good strikers.

Archived