Squad Selection: First team goalie or goalie prospect

I am having some trouble deciding whether or not to drop my current first team goalie Joe Hart to give my best goalie prospect instead. Below are images of Joe Hart's history, showing his fairly good form and his stats:

33vc683.jpg

23uufz9.jpg

And this is my goalie prospects profile:

2pzjzpe.png

Hart is the better goal keeper, but making a world class goalie who would do well in the future would be a good achievement for the club. Fages would also become indispensable in the future I believe if we improved him now.

I suppose loaning Fages out would be good for his development, but I want him to stick around as I have the best coaches and some of the best training facilities around. What do you think?

Hart to remain as my no.1 goalie, Fages to replace him or Fages to go out on loan?

Thanks in advance.

Give Fages teh occasional league game and cup match. i did thsi as when I was Bolton. I had Ochoa and Smithies. I played Smithies in most cup matches and a few league games and if he did well he played a few more in spells. It worked and he improved throughout the 1st season and is still improving now.

For me Fages has to go out on loan to see how he does.

Aerial ability of just 5 would really worry me and I've had problems in the past with keepers who have low aerial ability.

Give Fages teh occasional league game and cup match. i did thsi as when I was Bolton. I had Ochoa and Smithies. I played Smithies in most cup matches and a few league games and if he did well he played a few more in spells. It worked and he improved throughout the 1st season and is still improving now.

Thanks for the posts, I agree that his aerial ability is worrying, and I like the idea of giving him the odd game, I might loan him out for a few months then see how he does in the FA cup and less important games.

I was in a similar situation and what I did was rotate between the two, playing my promising regen keeper in all easier games and cup matches. If he's already pretty good, it's IMO a better idea than loaning him out somewhere else.

Look at Harts age. You have 8-10 more World Class years out of him. It's not justifyable to give an unkown 18 year old game time just because he might progress. Stick with Hart for a decade, he will be amongst the top 5 keepers in the game. Closer to his 32-33-34 mark, bring a youngster through.

In my game my goalkeeper, who I bought about 5 or 6 seasons ago, has become Serie A goalkeeper of the year 10 years in a row. I am not running the game at the moment so I am not sure about the exact number, but I know he has a very low Aerial Ability score. Possibly 5 or 6. So even though its not ideal, he can still become a world class keeper.

Fages really does need some experience (ie stats) under his belt before you play him regularly. To many low areas that would cost you as a starter. Besides at only 18 you have more then enough time to let him develop and still have many years of a possible world class keeper on your hands.

I loan out my young keepers then move them to backup/rotation status unless they get better then my starter or the start begins dropping off. Why replace a quality keeper like Hart (unless you need money)... if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Edit: Wow, noticed Hart Concentration on a second look... kinda of unexpected on someone his age. So my earlier comments are based on Hart getting the job done. His history looks ok, more conceded then I would expect, but guessing by the fewer MoM's he's getting the rest of your team is improving. See how the kid does in friendlies, but the low strength, aerial, and anticipation (is his positioning any good?) makes me think Hart will still be better for a couple years.

I am keeping with Joe Hart for now.

I am offering Fages on loan but he feels he is too good to be loaned out, probably because of my more than generous contract I gave him.

It is worth noting Hart came in as runner up for European goalie of the year two seasons ago, R. Madrids Iker Castillas won the award. I will keep Hart around for now.

To responds to Martyr: Harts positioning is 13, which is ok I suppose. And to responds to SCIAGS: Fages' positioning is also 13.

I dont like that Fages guy's stats much either, I tend to like better jumping and aerial ability, although his jumping may improve, as may his aerial ability, but I dont feel the aerial ability will get to a level I personally like, but it seems a lot of people dont rate that stat much anyway.

Either way, does sound like keeping the main one is the best idea, the goalkeeper is perhaps the most important part of the team in my eyes, it can make such a difference, despite getting so little of the attention. Personally I'm playing in scotland at St Mirren and I feel I can easily give my youth goalie some games without risking a loss (my team is the best in the world yet plays routinely against far-weaker opposition). So basically, I feel when a goalkeeper reaches a certain level I'll rotate him in for easy-games which for me is like most of the league :p.

Archived