Away day blues

On paper I have probably accumulated one of the best squads in the league with cardiff,which seems to cope well at home adopting a 4-3-3 tactic. However away, the team really cope with any tactic I try. Just wondering if changing tactics between 4-3-3 and either the 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 away affects a team in this version of fm ?

Trying 4-5-1 seems to cause problems too. Just wondering if I'm overlooking positions in any formation I choose.

After previous advice the 4-3-3 works with two am/f's either side of the striker, maybe other formations with 2 up feint needs one sc and one am/ f, any advice guys on a holding formation against attacking home teams?

I tend to use the 4-1-3-2 formation both home and away with some success. I play attacking at home, and usually away too, but sometimes ill switch to balanced or defensive, but honestly they seem to play better attacking no matter who im playing against.

I think in this formation and the 4-1-2-1-2, having a really good DM makes a great deal of difference. Could just be my imagination though.

I usually play lower leagues, so maybe playing against decent teams is a different story.

Archived