Retiring players - always same PA?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I swear that pretty much every retired player who became a manager/coach has a PA of 130.

I've checked Giggs, Scholes, Henry, G. Neville, Xavi, Lampard, Terry and they all have 130.

This really concerns me for the longevity of a game if ex-players cannot manage above that level. I do know that regen managers/coach appear at varied levels.

Anyone else noticed this? Should it be a concern and will it be fixed in 2011?

EDIT: I viewed the PAs with FMRTE

Oh okay, I got you now. I just checked, and Giggs is managing Liverpool in my save with Lampard an assistant at Chelsea and Terry is managing Leeds, I can’t check their PA though.

Perhaps this is something unique to your save, or they may just not be cut out for the top flight. I can’t offer an explanation though, sorry. :)

Yeah I'm not sure I understand.

In my game some of the top managers in the world are ex-players.

I think what he is asking is that if all retired players that become managers all have 130 in PA will they ever be world-class managers. Whats the point of CA and PA if it doesnt indicate how good you are? :)

Okay, fair enough, however I wonder if they are limited to 130 PA (which I checked and they all were), will it have an impact on their buying/selling and tactics. Therefore the standard will drop from very high PA managers being at the top to managers of 130 PA...?

Yeah I'm not sure I understand.

In my game some of the top managers in the world are ex-players.

This, Keane and Gattuso are both highly successful managers of Tottenham and Liverpool respectively. Liverpool won their first ever Prem trophy under Gattuso and went on to retain it for 3 successive years along with plenty of League/FA Cups. Others such as Rooney and Terry get bounced around top clubs as coaches and youth coaches despite similar stats.

but, thats not how it should be!

i saw that some time ago and wondered if Si Games ever noticed it!

in a lot of my save games many german top clubs or the nationalsquad have absolut awful managers.

i dont think thats a bug, maybe Si Games totally missed it.

whats the Point if in 2040 every third division coach have the same PA (skills) like all the Top Club Managers?

hope they change that for 2011.

Looking at my own game I've quite a lot of former players as coaches, and there are some former managers as well.

Coaches first: (Name CA/PA)

1) Given 130/130

2) Mehmet Aurelio 110/110

3) Capi 107/107

4) Michael Owen 130/130

5) Ricky Carvalho 130/130

6) Edwin vd Saar 130/130

7) Denlison (scout) 130/130

I have about 5 others and they're all 130/130

Managers:

1) Pires 130/130 (Porto)

2) Fabio Cannavaro 110/110 (Torino)

3) Simone Perotta 128/130 (Bolton)

4) Martin Jorgenson 130/130 (Sociedad)

5) Roberto Carlos 130/130 (Club Guadalajara)

6) v Bronkhoorst 130/130 (Feyenoord)

7) Marco Materazzi 122/130 (Mantova)

I'll look at regen managers to see too (based on wages just like how I picked out the retirees):

1) Vitaly Savin 103/180 (Shakhtar)

2) Philipp Schmidt 106/169 (Magdeburg)

3) Francisco Rossi 174/174 (Gimnasia Jujuy)

4) Andy Busch 115/188 (Carl Zeiss Jena)

5) Peter Maier 93/128 (SVW Mannheim)

6) Desmond Knox 33/86 (Miami FC/Canada)

7) Marco Podeschi 65/179 (San Marino {club})

Only Savin and Podeschi are in their 50s the rest are mid-30s.

By the way my own CA is 107.

So from a quick look through my game seems to suggest that retirees get a maximum CA of 130, Player/Managers (coaches, etc.) though keep their player CA for their manager stats, at least until they retire from playing.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I swear that pretty much every retired player who became a manager/coach has a PA of 130.

I've checked Giggs, Scholes, Henry, G. Neville, Xavi, Lampard, Terry and they all have 130.

This really concerns me for the longevity of a game if ex-players cannot manage above that level. I do know that regen managers/coach appear at varied levels.

Anyone else noticed this? Should it be a concern and will it be fixed in 2011?

EDIT: I viewed the PAs with FMRTE

I noticed the same. All my former players who are now coaches have a PA of 130.

I hope this changes for FM11.

I'll ask the obvious question then:

Is a 130CA the maximum for a staff member then? (like 200CA for a player).

Looking at my own game I've quite a lot of former players as coaches, and there are some former managers as well.

Coaches first: (Name CA/PA)

1) Given 130/130

2) Mehmet Aurelio 110/110

3) Capi 107/107

4) Michael Owen 130/130

5) Ricky Carvalho 130/130

6) Edwin vd Saar 130/130

7) Denlison (scout) 130/130

I have about 5 others and they're all 130/130

Managers:

1) Pires 130/130 (Porto)

2) Fabio Cannavaro 110/110 (Torino)

3) Simone Perotta 128/130 (Bolton)

4) Martin Jorgenson 130/130 (Sociedad)

5) Roberto Carlos 130/130 (Club Guadalajara)

6) v Bronkhoorst 130/130 (Feyenoord)

7) Marco Materazzi 122/130 (Mantova)

I'll look at regen managers to see too (based on wages just like how I picked out the retirees):

1) Vitaly Savin 103/180 (Shakhtar)

2) Philipp Schmidt 106/169 (Magdeburg)

3) Francisco Rossi 174/174 (Gimnasia Jujuy)

4) Andy Busch 115/188 (Carl Zeiss Jena)

5) Peter Maier 93/128 (SVW Mannheim)

6) Desmond Knox 33/86 (Miami FC/Canada)

7) Marco Podeschi 65/179 (San Marino {club})

Only Savin and Podeschi are in their 50s the rest are mid-30s.

By the way my own CA is 107.

So from a quick look through my game seems to suggest that retirees get a maximum CA of 130, Player/Managers (coaches, etc.) though keep their player CA for their manager stats, at least until they retire from playing.

Probably not.

EDIT: Argh, wasn't fast enough.

Would love to get some official word on this? If ex-players do get extra PA at a certain age then it'd be good to know, but also it'd be interesting to see why young regen coaches can have a real variety of PAs above 130.

I still haven't seen above a 130 PA ex-player but I'm only in 2017, so most retired players are late 30s. Certainly not seen a 170 PA like Gerrard so maybe they do change??

It'd be good to hear from SI whether this is a bug or if their PAs do improve with age?

PA doesn't change after it's been assigned. Once a player/non-player has been given a PA, it stays. Forever.

One of the side-effects of low PA is that certain stats, such as Tactical Knowledge, tend to be lower, resulting in managers who are less like SAFs and Mourinhos and more like McClarens. This is actually a blessing, as it means more easy victories for your team. Hurts realism a little, though.

Archived