What CA would the average decent enough Premier League player have?

Hi guys, Im trying to get a better understanding of Current Ability and wonder if you guys could help me out...

If I was creating a player from scratch, and wanted him to be a decent, average premier league player, what CA would I give him?

Would someone be able to define what levels the following CA's would be - eg, 100 - Conference, 120, League 1 etc...

100 -

120-

140 -

160 -

180 -

I know this sort of thing isnt set in stone, but it would be nice to get an idea!

Thanks

I've used players with CA of around 140 or even lower and have been solid at premiership level. It does depend on stats though. Decent, but average i would say less than 150 as at that level you'll have a player who could potentially perform in any side with the right stats

In my game with Leeds I have a AMC which has been chosen world player of the year 4-5 times and has won just about any award and competition there is multiple times.. Normally I dont check players' PA, but when his career started to decline I decided to peek to see if it was 200.. it was 170 :D - the best players I've ever had on any CM/FM so yeah, stats are more important :p

Just to expand a little on what PhroX has said take a DC.

Marking, tackling, positioning, heading etc all 15+ but his jumping is only 9. Is he better than a player who has 13-16 in all the needed attributes?

Personally, I usually can live with one weak key stat, but jumping for a CB is not something I'd sacrifice to that level. 12-13 is OK for a top level player with good stats elsewhere, but 10 or below is just asking for trouble,

100 - good League 1 player. Examples: Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly, Nile Ranger, Franck Nouble

120- a good Championship player. Examples: Peter Whittingham, Kevin Nolan, Hayden Mullins

140 - a good solid player. A key man for relegation battlers, a solid backup or rotation player for a top half club. Examples: Maynor Figueroa, Andy Johnson, Micah Richards, Abou Diaby

160 - a regular first team player for a top four club, or a key player for a club just below. Examples: Yury Zhirkov, Wesley Sneijder, Gael Clichy, Gareth Barry

180 - one of the best in the world, just below the best one or two players. Examples: Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Andres Iniesta, Franck Ribery, Wayne Rooney

it depends on the position and your tactics too. poachers only need a couple of really good ratings to be good (pace, acceleration, off the ball, finishing, composure), especially in the lower leagues. so theoretically they could have low passing, low anticipation, low decisions, low technique, low first touch, low jumping, low strength, etc. and have a low CA, but if his teammates create a lot of chances for him, he could still score a lot of goals and therefore have a high rating.

wingers, limited defenders, ball-winning midfielders, and target men can also get away with unbalanced attributes. this is how managers like Sam Allardyce and Aidy Boothroyd make their living... for instance Kristian Timar was one of my best players for Plymouth, even though my scouts only rated him at 2 stars and said he was barely good enough for League One. the reason was because I played him as a limited defender / stopper and used the athletic Marcel Seip as a covering defender, so it made up for his weaknesses.

If the points are spread tightly over the needed attributes for how you intend to play them, you can go much lower than 150 CA and still get a relatively decent player, 120-125 seems to be about the absolute minimum for Premier level play.

Add in good morale and a high level of gelling and they can overperform regularly, but you do need to watch matchday confidence levels as when it drops you'll get hurt. Gelling and Confidence become more vital when you don't have all singing, all dancing super players.

Archived