how to deal with extending your player's contracts?

Guys i just can't cope with extending my players contracts. They constantly ask for a new contract and alot of increase in their yearly wages.

For ex, a guy whose contact was 1.1 mil euros asks for a new contract. At fist years i gave them what they want. Later years i just ignore them.

But when their last year comes, the player i stated above asked 5.5 mil euros. And he isn't a worldwide reputation player. And his squad status is rotation.

With every player its the same.

Otamendi asks for 10mil where aguero is paid 7.

I just can't pay everybody 5 mils.

Any tips for how to deal with that or should i just sell'em?

Whilst not in the same league, I have the same problem with my Mansfield side.

After a year in the Championship a few players contracts are due to expire in 12 months time. Some of them want about double what they're currently on. I can afford it (just) but it means there will be less $$$ in the kitty to pay new players.

Players I definitely wanted to keep got an increase. Those who were only on the fringe or who I could replace cheaply got moved on.

I suppose it just depends on how badly you want that player.

There's a few techniques to signing new contracts. First, if you can tell that they are going to be very good, give them a long, long contract at a reasonable wage (not low, because they will ask for a big one soon). That will stop them from asking for a new contract.

Secondly, try not to offer players who are close to 30 long contracts, because it is likely that they will ask for lower wages once they cross that 30- mark.

thirdly, try to only give 30 year old and above players single year contracts, because it is likely that they will ask for lower wages every season.

Fourth, players whose contracts are expiring usually ask for lower demands the closer they get to it expiring. If this is a player that you are not likely to lose, then you can take that risk and leave it.

If that doesn't work, then it is possible that the player is angling to leave and it may be time for them to move on.

Just beause a player hits 30 does not mean he will accept lower wages, you are not past it then and if he is still a key figure in the team like gerrard,lampard and a few more to mention then they will expect high wages.

Most of the time. If a player is arounf 30-35 and they are not considered first teamers or are not playing much they will consider less wages.

Archived