Ridiculous Manager Salary

Hi All,

firstly a little bit of background, i started a game as England manager and won the 2008 and 2012 Euro's. I then left for a short and relativley successful spell at Fiorentina, before in the summer of 2013 i took over at Barcelona.

It was here i swept all before me, winning 5 trophys in 2 years and losing just 1 league game in two seasons. However in June 2015 i got an offer i literally could not refuse.

Now i could understand the £2.1million a week wage budget, the £180million transfer kitty, but a weekly wage for myslef of £225,000!! I couldnt believe it. Needless to say i took the job!

Here is the screenie

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loadsamoneyxy2.jpg

Hi All,

firstly a little bit of background, i started a game as England manager and won the 2008 and 2012 Euro's. I then left for a short and relativley successful spell at Fiorentina, before in the summer of 2013 i took over at Barcelona.

It was here i swept all before me, winning 5 trophys in 2 years and losing just 1 league game in two seasons. However in June 2015 i got an offer i literally could not refuse.

Now i could understand the £2.1million a week wage budget, the £180million transfer kitty, but a weekly wage for myslef of £225,000!! I couldnt believe it. Needless to say i took the job!

Here is the screenie

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loadsamoneyxy2.jpg

Yeah won lots of Prem titles, a few European Cups etc. Lots of luck in the Prem, once I'd won it once it gets a lot easier.

Also, talking about wages, I found it a real struggle to get to £50k, took a long time and a lot of negotiating (and my chairman was always very stingy). Then went up pretty quick to £100k, and then after I had been on £100k for one year, he offered me a new 2 year contract on the same terms, I asked for £150k (mainly as a joke; you need to negotiate hard with these guys) and his revised offer was for the full amount! Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm wondering if chairmens wage negotiations are deliberately more elastic at higher levels, or whether it's just because my financial situation was good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

I generally accept the lowest wage offered, less for me, more for my wage budget. Thats my way of thinking about it. Does anyone know if this actually affects wage budgets etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it does affect it, but when you get to the point where the board is offering over 100 000 a week, you've probably done pretty well and the board expectations get kind of insane. I'm nowhere near my wage limit now, so I like the security of an extravagent salary so they don't fire me when I only come in second in the league and CL.

Archived