FM2011 release day plans

Yep, i'm gonna take 2 weeks off work, tell people i've gone abroad, stock my fridge up with enough food and beer to last me the 2 weeks, turn off my phone, buy myself a fresh new comfy computer chair - and then i'm going to spend a couple of minutes special 'alone time' with the box, then get cracking on with a career game.

Yep, i'm gonna take 2 weeks off work, tell people i've gone abroad, stock my fridge up with enough food and beer to last me the 2 weeks, turn off my phone, buy myself a fresh new comfy computer chair - and then i'm going to spend a couple of minutes special 'alone time' with the box, then get cracking on with a career game.

Now that is one hardcore Footie Manager session!

Im thinking of getting the snacks in, lots of softdrinks and crisps.Then clear the weekend with the girlfriend so that there are no unneccessary interruptions.

I also find that Footie Manager is a lot better when something Football related is on the google box - so may have to sort that out in advance of launch day.

I'm a student so it's more difficult for me but I'm gonna fake an migraine, make up some fake sick and as soon as my parents are out of the house I'm gonna boot up FM, start my journeyman save and away we go!

Haha. If you go school. No need. You dont do nothing anyways and youll be home for 4 ish maybe.

Some of my fondest uni memories consist of me and 5 of my mates all in 1 of our rooms each with our computers (mainly destops) playing footie manager. We werent playing a network game, we just liked playing in a social environment. There was nowhere to hide either if you got a thumping. Brilliant.

Yeah its tough out there at the moment but I am sure youw ill find something eventually. Just immerse yourself in the virtual world of a football manager to take away the pain :)

Some of my fondest uni memories consist of me and 5 of my mates all in 1 of our rooms each with our computers (mainly destops) playing footie manager. We werent playing a network game, we just liked playing in a social environment. There was nowhere to hide either if you got a thumping. Brilliant.

Yeah its tough out there at the moment but I am sure youw ill find something eventually. Just immerse yourself in the virtual world of a football manager to take away the pain :)

Ive done that dont worry. Much to the annoyance of my parents as I dont get out much now. Occasionally go out to clubs and stuff. Im trying to save money though.

This is a strange one to answer for me as its become a yearly ritual to hunt down shops that sell the game before the official release day, which is what I pressume the original poster meant?

That said, release day could be simplified for the likes of me by meaning, 'the first day you get you hands on a new copy of FM'.

In this instance, since I'm now 33 and have been buying the game since the first in the old CM series, my day is as follows.

1. Shop selling game is identified, contacted and confirmed that they have copies in.

2. Travel to said shop, hand over hard-earned cash, purchase game.

3. Head home in car, taking every (safe) opportunity to look at the back of the new game box.

4. Arrive home.

5. Into computer room (which is already on and waiting) and open packaging of game box.

6. Open game box, remove new booklet, pause......then sniff for at least 1 minute.

7. Extract disc from game box, close tray and auto-run begins.

8. Once game is loading, another 30 second sniff of booklet.

9. Kitchen, coffee and snacks ready for consumption.

10. If game is still loading onto PC, another 30 second booklet sniff.

11. Game is now loaded...

12. Start brand new season...compose myself...shout "OOOOOHHHH YEAAAAH!!!"

13. Click on Newcastle.

14. Begin looking at transfer market / entire player list.

15. Begin scrutinising the game in general.

Thats basically the exact routine I have, year in, year out.

I don't answer the phone, I ignore text's, ignore the doorbell, etc etc.

I have a wife and two very young lads which fully understand the importance of FM and allow me peace for the first day, after that, well, the booklet's been found, chewed, pulled apart or has new crayon drawings on it, so that just doesn't smell the same.

I think mine's gonna involve, like a lot of you, booking the time off work for a long weekend. It'll no doubt be out on friday as per usual and I work until 8pm. No way I could go til about 9pm when I finally get home before getting my hands on it, only to have to go to work on saturday morning aswell. No thanks. 2 days holiday well booked I say.

Yep I've done that!!

I normally play as my team Spurs when the demo comes out to test the water and see how good the FM Gods have made my team; then hit the ground running with a career game, starting at a lower league club when the full game is released.

I really cant wait now - its so far away though (being unknown means it could be an eternity)

I normally play as my team Spurs when the demo comes out to test the water and see how good the FM Gods have made my team; then hit the ground running with a career game, starting at a lower league club when the full game is released.

I really cant wait now - its so far away though (being unknown means it could be an eternity)

Not really its only tops 4 months. maybe 2 and a half.

I will probably be working on release day, but plan a few days off the following week to get stuck in. During November and December I plan to have quite a few all-nighters whilst simultaneously watching The Ashes.

I'm currently doing my Master so I'll probably dont even have time to buy, let alone play it.. AND my wife is pregnang with our nr. 2 and due 23. november.. So I'm looking forward to playing FM 2014! roll on oct. 2014

· Wake up.

· Have a coffee.

· Walk the dogs

DSCN0645.jpg

· Have a wash.

· Boot up FM11 and away we go...

What are the breeds of the dogs? They look well groomed and well trained.

Depends on the day of release, but I will probably be in the middle of exams, so have to wait until they are over to play.

What are the breeds of the dogs? They look well groomed and well trained.

Left to right.

(Left) Suzi is a pitbull. She was abandoned and in a very bad way physically, including Leishmania, a very nasty illness indeed. She's fully recovered now thankfully, is a plump 35 kilos and is around ten years old. Despite being a "pitbull", she's actually the gentlest, friendly and loving natured dog I've ever known.

(Centre) Taffy is a Welsh Border Collie. He came over with us from the UK. He's getting on a bit now at fifteen and can be a bit of a grumpy old man sometimes.

(Right) Minnie is a Podenco Andaluz. They're normally bred as hunting dogs for rabbits or grouse. She was another abandoned dog we took in, but little did we know until it was too late, she was pregnant and eventually dropped seven pups. She's quite a timid dog and probably ran off when she was taken out on her first hunt, because she hates loud noises. We still have two of her "sons", Buster and Timmy. We managed to find homes for the other five. They're not quite as well behaved as the three in the photo though. They're both just over a year old now.

Anyway, that's enough about the dogs, before someone reports the moderator for taking a thread off-topic ;)

a man after my own heart:D

Sit back on release day, read the forum, see everyone moaning about bugs, unplayable, can't load, too many injuries, 3d won't work, fitness, screen appears wrong, strikers won't score, stupid defending, player rating, wingers don't work, Zavvi haven't deliverd mine yet! etc. etc.

Turn off Pc go to bed, about a week later patch 1 comes out read forums again see if game is now playable. Go out buy game and sit back and enjoy!

Sit back on release day, read the forum, see everyone moaning about bugs, unplayable, can't load, too many injuries, 3d won't work, fitness, screen appears wrong, strikers won't score, stupid defending, player rating, wingers don't work, Zavvi haven't deliverd mine yet! etc. etc.

Turn off Pc go to bed, about a week later patch 1 comes out read forums again see if game is now playable. Go out buy game and sit back and enjoy!

Like last time? Ow no wait, that release went smooth :).

Like last time? Ow no wait, that release went smooth :).

Went perfectly last time. Miles said a lot of the new features have been developed over a period of a few years this time, as they didnt want to rush them out unfinished so I am thinking/hoping they would wait for the game to be as close to perfect before releasing it.

Archived