Should I loan out my players?

I am arsenal, with Top training(Full) and excellent youth facilities(Full) + youth academy and have got 17 coach with 4 to 5 stars ratings.

I wanted to know which is better, loaning them to other clubs for first team experience or keep them and let them play in reserve and Under 18's matches.

The players are ages from 16 to 19

When they are 16 I always have them training at the club and being tutored (they cant be loaned out at 16). Once they reach 17, I try to loan them out only to clubs where they will be a 'valuable first team member' and from the highest possible league. IMO regular first team football is more important. When they reach a level where the league is too loow for them (i.e. when they are too good for the championship) bring them back to your club and put them on the bench and in cup games. Giving them more and more games each year, along with more tutoring. This has always worked for me.

I always let my youngsters develop in my own youth team up until about 18. Then I look to loan them out to lower league teams and then if they do well they will hopefully gp on loan the next time to a higher level club. I.e league 2 to start with and championship if they do well.

If they do well at championship level they can come back into my first team squad.

I have been trying something that is time consuming, but I think worthwhile in my current Newcastle season.

As soon as I had my fixtures list I added around 1 reserve vs u18 game per week. I am hoping the added game will help my players develop.

I have been trying something that is time consuming, but I think worthwhile in my current Newcastle season.

As soon as I had my fixtures list I added around 1 reserve vs u18 game. I am hoping the added game will help my players develop.

Could work because you have better facilities than the clubs you will loan to but tbh I dont think you can be good old fashioned 1st team football.

I dont know where I have got this from but I thought youngsters played less games, particularly when on youth contracts, as they need time to develop. Playing too many games can lead them being exhausted cant it?

Doesnt first team football benefit them mentally rather than phsically? Or is it both?

I dont know where I have got this from but I thought youngsters played less games, particularly when on youth contracts, as they need time to develop. Playing too many games can lead them being exhausted cant it?

Doesnt first team football benefit them mentally rather than phsically? Or is it both?

If a youngster is playing competitve games it helps. That seems to be what people say on here anyway and it helped me on my Bolton save with this youngster that come through my academy.

Yeah I certainly see the benefit of involving talented youngsters in my fitst team straight away. Those who need a bit of time can wait in the reserves until they are ready to step up into my squad or go on loan with a smaller club.

I like involving youngsters as soon as possible so those that are future stars can have a crack at breaking appearance/goal records.

I tend to tutor them to get their determination up, and once it is an acceptable level, I loan them out to anywhere that will make them "a valuable member of the first team squad", as long as they are in a playable league. Doesn't always work the way you want, but it does more often than not.

Archived