Off the mark

No :L Its how quick a player is from a standing position, its like your just walking with the ball or standing still and then BANG! your round the player in a flash. Players like Valencia and Lennon are very quick of the mark

Perhaps anticipation?

How well a player can predict and react to an event. If a player has a high attribute here he can read the game well and react to situations quicker than others. This attribute works well with ‘Off the Ball’.

and a bit of agility?

Agility reflects how well a player can start, stop, and move in different directions at varying levels of speed (pace). It ties in with the Pace, Acceleration, and Balance attributes as they work together in the match engine, especially when a player is running with the ball.

Acceleration is one thing, but I think what matters as well is the stat 'Reflexes'. Each player has them, although you can`t see them in the main screen. But if you go to the Training tab, then pick the 'Attributes', then you see a stat named 'Refexes'. I believe that is how fast someone responds to an event. Especially since many players often stop and stare, I tend to take a look at this stat for many of my players.

This is especially useful for goalkeepers, although I would like to have my players to have this stat high as well. It doesn`t happen much though.

Of course, responding to an event often needs a certain acceleration in order to actually do something with it though ;)

Archived