Comparing players now to the same player 5 years ago

Let me explain.

You know the way people post images of players when they were 14 and update it when they are 22, for example.

Sometimes I forget how good/bad a player was and would like to be able to see their attributes when they first joined the club, i.e. as a promising younster, and compare to now (just to see if they are making progress)

Can same be done? Can I save an image of their attributes today (like 24 August 2010) and check it against the current attributes at a later date?

It would be good if this were an actual in-game feature though. Instead of having to trawl through your pictures, you could actually see the info in game

Whats more, you could overlap the polygons and compare the attributes from your 18 year old to your 24 year old, similar to the comparison buttom in the game.

If you wanted to do this, just make a copy of the league file... save it to the side, then play the game for a few years. Load up that copy and compare the stars of the played version to the unplayed version. Tedious, but it's a way to do what you want to.

There's a newly released website which offers exactly this feature and there's also an associated thread in the editor's hideout forum for it (player tracker). I've been playing around a bit with this script in the past few days and since the upload bugs have been fixed, it's really comfortable to work with, compared to the cumbersome taking of mass-screenshots. Instead of a huge number of yearly screenshots, I only need to use Genie Scout once per ingame year (ideally directly after newgens joined the club) and the players' progress is displayed on a graph similar to the ingame attribute history (only spanning years instead of months). You should give it a look!

Archived