Do Staff have the potential to get better over time?

I am in my 9th season currently, and lately I have been adding a couple of young staff to my team that I have been coming accross, and I assume they can only be staff regens. These are mostly scouts who have Judging player ability/Judging play potential 18/18, 18/19, which is rather good for someone in their 30s. My question is, will this ever rise to 20/20 as they develop as a scout.

Similarly, if I were to sign any coach-regens, would their coaching stats ever rise?

I probably should have asked this in the OP, but here goes. With players, the general guide is that they are over 24, they are unlikely to progress leaps and bounds, and only progress a little, if any. Do you know what the threshhold is for staff, or if there is any at all?

staff have PA and CA just like players

But what triggers their improvement?

For players we know it's age and professionalism mainly and a little bit of training, determination and ambition on the side. But what is it for staff?

When i started a save with Borussia Dortmund i signed about 5-6 coaches from placing adverts whom were young with average stats. Upon a succerssful few seasons there stats imroved significantly and they were sought after throughout Europe. Hence my theory is coaches progress and reach their potential at successful clubs. Not really a theory, just an observation really!!!!!!!!!!!

But what triggers their improvement?

For players we know it's age and professionalism mainly and a little bit of training, determination and ambition on the side. But what is it for staff?

They tend to improve (if PA allows) in their 30s & 40s and start to drop in their 50s & 60s. The areas they improve in on the coaching side is directly related to what they are coaching but I've still seem drops in DDM.

• Administrators

Sambos has near enough summed it up. Generally they improve as the team performs well and improves. Obviously decent training facilities will help also, as it allows them to do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Archived