Absolute joke

v6t36e.jpg

I'm 4-0 up with 39 minutes to go and somehow they get back to 4-4. At 4-2 I changed to a defensive tactic, yet still had 4 players on the half-way line when defending corners, why??

It then won't allow me to make any tactical changes at 4-3, then by the time I make the changes it doesn't implement them until after the 4th goal.

Realism my arse.

Oh, and my strikers who were hitting the net for fun, cannot score from 6 yards now.

If you want to get plenty of players back for corners you should set their defensive instructions for corners yourself. Also if you made the tactical changes at 4-2 just before the 3rd goal then it may have had to implement those before you change anything again.

Defensive means defensive, not defensive some of the time. The game turned St Mirren into Chelsea for 45 mintues; I find it funny how at 4-0 down they'd be inspired to comeback and then in extra time disappear again. They had 27 shots, of which 18 came in the final 39 minutes of the match.

I changed it up just after the second goal and it wouldn't allow anymore until after the 4th, that's 27 minutes.

Luckily, I got a second penalty and scored to win 5-4. Still a joke though, I've never seen a team come from 4-0 down, not even in park football.

Update: When I was playing with an emphasis on attack, I only had 3 players on the halfway line during corners. Why does turning defensive then add another player?

Defensive means defensive, not defensive some of the time. The game turned St Mirren into Chelsea for 45 mintues; I find it funny how at 4-0 down they'd be inspired to comeback and then in extra time disappear again. They had 27 shots, of which 18 came in the final 39 minutes of the match.

I changed it up just after the second goal and it wouldn't allow anymore until after the 4th, that's 27 minutes.

Luckily, I got a second penalty and scored to win 5-4. Still a joke though, I've never seen a team come from 4-0 down, not even in park football.

Update: When I was playing with an emphasis on attack, I only had 3 players on the halfway line during corners. Why does turning defensive then add another player?

Not quite 4-0 down but Man Utd was 3-0 down at half time against Spurs and won 5-3

I reckon if you hadn't changed tactics you would have won 4-3 or something along those lines. It would take something pretty monumental for the game to calculate that St.Mirren would score 4 goals at the half-time break.

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/comebacks.html

Have a look at those, first one the winning team was up 5-1 on aggregate and 3-1 in the match after 57 minutes but ended up losing 7-3 and 7-5 on aggregate.

It's especially bad because it was St. Mirren.

Anyway, having 18 shots in the final 39 minutes sounds like they went for it and whatever your tactics were seemed to invite the pressure. ALSO - what was your half-time team talk like? Did you encourage complacency?

@ Thomas

The preset tactics of defensive/counter attack etc etc, cover certain very general apsects of the tactical system. They don't cover the tickboxes that say "stay back at corners/free kicks". If you want something done right, do it yourself. You need to be more in depth with your tactics, and not necessarily rely on what the game gives you.

you didnt think it was going to be as easy as clicking on the bit that says "defensive" did you? As with anything in FM, you have to apply detail to get anything out of it.

I love how people come in here, whine about something out of the ordinary that happened to them (notice no one ever comes in and whines about coming back from four down to win!), don't bother to figure out if they contributed to the collapse/downfall/onslaught/whatever, and act like that means the game did something "unreal." I can just see Bayern in 1999 walking off the pitch complaining that the whole thing wasn't realistic and asking for a reload of the pre-game save. :rolleyes:

There is no way the game wouldn't allow you to change your tactics for 27 minutes.

The only way i could see it happening if there was a bug that caused this and i am extremely confident that there is no such bug. if there was then just about every player here would know about it and be screaming blue murder because it would kill the game.

Also how on earth did St mirren get James Vaughan and Elgin get Benjani in 2012? Even if they somehow had the money to afford those players by that time there reputation would still not be enough for them to go there unless no-one esle bid for them which i would think to be unlikely.

There is no way the game wouldn't allow you to change your tactics for 27 minutes.

The only way i could see it happening if there was a bug that caused this and i am extremely confident that there is no such bug. if there was then just about every player here would know about it and be screaming blue murder because it would kill the game.

That kind of thing has happened to me when playing network games and sharing a laptop, with me and my opponent both doing our tactics on the same laptop throughout the game.

I'll give you it's not 4-0 down but Motherwell were 6-2 down against Hibs at the end of last season with less than 25 minutes to go. Final Score 6-6 and Motherwell missed a penalty.

Do you not remember the 6-6 match in Scotland last season then? Motherwell and Hibs I think it was.

There was also a match between QPR and Port Vale back in the 90's. One team was 4-0 up at half time, but it finished 4-4. So it does happen occasionally.

1. It is the game.

2. Tactics/team talks and player mentalities (morale failures) sway results way too much in this game.

3. Yes it happens in real life too.

4. Yes we can post a hundred games from the past 2 or 3 decades where some side has come back from 4-0 down.

Everyones opinion wins! :thup:

:D I think these forums need more posts like this. :thup:

Sometimes you can tell from the thread title that the opening post will contain a rant of frustration which with a little thought may be no reason to freak out at all and that further down the thread will lead to nothing at all and will go even more downhill.

"Absolute joke" definitely qualifies.

Motherwell vs Hibernian last season

Hibernian were winning 6-2. Final Score?

Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian. Motherwell missed a penalty as well.

Cardiff v Peterborough last season in the championship

Cardiff were 4-0 up at HT, but it finished 4-4

Motherwell vs Hibernian last season

Hibernian were winning 6-2. Final Score?

Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian. Motherwell missed a penalty as well.

This is pretty much exactly what happened in your game. 4-0 down at half time, come back to 4-4. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8426500.stm
Do you not remember the 6-6 match in Scotland last season then? Motherwell and Hibs I think it was.

There was also a match between QPR and Port Vale back in the 90's. One team was 4-0 up at half time, but it finished 4-4. So it does happen occasionally.

I'll give you it's not 4-0 down but Motherwell were 6-2 down against Hibs at the end of last season with less than 25 minutes to go. Final Score 6-6 and Motherwell missed a penalty.

There must be an echo in this room :rolleyes:

Also how on earth did St mirren get James Vaughan and Elgin get Benjani in 2012? Even if they somehow had the money to afford those players by that time there reputation would still not be enough for them to go there unless no-one esle bid for them which i would think to be unlikely.

James Vaughan was on loan at St Mirren, and I bought Benjani. I took Elgin to Division 1, plus he only cost 95k after 2 bad years at Zenit.

I scored mine with half time separating the 3rd and 4th.

Good joke though.

Ok so the players had a ten minute break between your goals. Stuff like this happens. Dont you think that you have raged long enough? :rolleyes:

Ok so the players had a ten minute break between your goals. Stuff like this happens. Dont you think that you have raged long enough? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I'm raging?? :confused:

I've since left Elgin, joined Man Utd, left and joined Dunfermline. I don't rage (:confused:) it was just a stupid occurrence.

:rolleyes: I'm raging?? :confused:

I've since left Elgin, joined Man Utd, left and joined Dunfermline. I don't rage (:confused:) it was just a stupid occurrence.

Your OP was a rage. Its not the games fault its clearly yours. Glad you're over it now though.

It wasn't my fault, why would my team collapse at 4-0?

I cannot be asked to get into it though seen as I've left them since.

It was your fault and if you can't see that then its only a matter of time before you open another thread (or maybe dredge this one up) to have another rant when it goes against you again.

It wasn't my fault, why would my team collapse at 4-0?

I cannot be asked to get into it though seen as I've left them since.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations_2012/news/4216-orange-can-result-angola-4-4-mali.html

Look at this. Opening game of this years African nations Cup. 4-0 after 65 mins.

Im guessing you skipped over that ^^^.....

It happens. Teams collapse. Teams come back heroically.

When you say stuff like 'why would my team collapse at 4-0? ' it doesn't make you sound like someone who is over what happened.

Your players got complacent and you made poor tactical decisions. Thats why they collapsed.

Please get over it. Life is so much better when your happy :rolleyes:

I think I said 'thrilled'

There's your problem. Thrilled at half time = suicidal levels of complacency which will turn to nerves when you get rattled. Telling your team you're pleased/thrilled at half time will never have the effect you think it will at half time. Only a very few personality types react well to being told you're pleased with them at half time.

Archived