The Club is nuts

I've just taken over a club in 2021. They offered me the job with a 20m transfer budget, finances were 'okay' so I wasn't exactly sure where this money was coming from but I went with it anyway. Turns out the club is 21m in debt and when I took over the club they were 18th in the prem, I've managed to get them to 17th but my last few games are tough so it's going to be tight on the last day of the season. But my main point is why on earth have the club given 20m transfer budget when they are so much in debt and not guaranteed premier league football next season! It's ridiculous, the chairman obviously wants the club in financial ruin!

I've just taken over a club in 2021. They offered me the job with a 20m transfer budget, finances were 'okay' so I wasn't exactly sure where this money was coming from but I went with it anyway. Turns out the club is 21m in debt and when I took over the club they were 18th in the prem, I've managed to get them to 17th but my last few games are tough so it's going to be tight on the last day of the season. But my main point is why on earth have the club given 20m transfer budget when they are so much in debt and not guaranteed premier league football next season! It's ridiculous, the chairman obviously wants the club in financial ruin!

No not really. A season in the English Premiership can help a club get some good finances. The debts are only paid off with a monthly fee so it isnt too much of a problem. The chairman was hoping that the money they have given you can help them finish in a better position with better prize money or if you get in to europe money from that.

Maybe they thought that they would stump up the cash so you could do you best to stay up - gung ho style!

Still ridiculous money management though, but if you stay up it coudl work.

On a similar level, it always confused me when i was with a mega rich club, liek Spurs in my save who had 140m, that they didnt pay off their outstanding debts or stadium costs etc. Its not like I ever used all that mioney anyways as its against my signing policy.

Maybe they thought that they would stump up the cash so you could do you best to stay up - gung ho style!

Still ridiculous money management though, but if you stay up it coudl work.

On a similar level, it always confused me when i was with a mega rich club, liek Spurs in my save who had 140m, that they didnt pay off their outstanding debts or stadium costs etc. Its not like I ever used all that mioney anyways as its against my signing policy.

It does happen sometimes clubs paying off some of the debts. It happen with my Bolton team. We did well and made money so they paid off some of the debt.

Ah good good, glad this happens. 140m to spend on players is way too muchand I would much rather it be used to secure the clubs future

I dont think it happens to much. However I didnt remember what Boltons debt was at the start of the game but it was down to £52m. Once they had paid some of the debt off.

Just started a new season as Sunderland following on from a successful EPL win last season the board gave me a transfer budget of £63 million, our bank balance was £21 million. Not quite the same thing but the board are still offering me the chance to spend £42 million more than what was in the bank.

Archived