I sub players on their form. But when everyone's form is near even I will usually sub players when they go below the 85% mark. If more than 3 are at that point I go for the ones in the 85% mark with the slightly worse form.

I disagree with the above. Yes they may be fitter but particularly for more crucial games you want your key players fitness to be almost 100%.

My rules are if they are a key player then I consider subbing them when they are below 80% If the score is still level or its tight I'd keep them on a bit longer probably. But like you I rarely keep a player on longer than 70%.

If its a lesser squad player who perhaps won't have another game for a few weeks or so then I'd keep them on until the rest of the match.

Of course if a player is playing poorly you should sub them but if you've built up a strong squad in depth then I cant see why you wouldnt make full use of your subs and improve the condition of all your playes overall.

It dont bother me tbh. Ive had players go down to 47% before in a normal league match and ive still kept them on and they have been fine for the next match.

Agreed. 70% is just something I tend to look out for. I try and keep my players fresh by rotating them in games. i normally take wingers off 1st as its my thought process that a quick winger in good physical condition coming into a game can really trouble a fullback that has played the whole game.

Archived