Why do they do it - FM2011 advice

I have completed the 2021 season at Hull City as my first club as they are the club that I support and have had unprecedented success with the following trophies

European Cup Title

Winner 2018

English Premier Division

Winners 2015 2018 2019 2020 2021

Runner up 2014 2016

Third Place 2013

FA Cup

Winners 2015 2016 2018 2019

Runners Up 2017 2021

Europeasn Super Cup

Runner up 2018

Club World Championship

Winner 2018

League Cup

Winner 2015 2018 2019 2020 2021

English Community Shield

Winner 2018 2019 2021

Runner up 2015 2016

I got bored of constanly winning at Hull and decided to take over Athletic Madrid for which I am currently managing.

I am currently in my first season and am 3rd in the Liga BBVA and have won the European Super Cup for at the first attempt.

My idea was to win and become a legend at Athletic Madrid and then move back to English football, maybe back at Hull or to take a Championship club up

My dillema is this I wasn't going to buy FM2011 as I didn't believe the features on it could be updated as much as they have been. Looking at it I cannot wait for it to come out and dont think I will have enough time to finish my career on FM2010. I also brought through a fantastic wonderkid while at Hull who has scored over 171 goals in 238 appearances. I bought him for 38mil to Madrid and he is continuing his great form. I dont know if I could leave him behind, knowing he wont be in FM2011.

How can I stop playing FM2010 and let go of the game? I have never had so much success in an FM installment.

Should I start FM2011 again at Hull and take them up and try to get the same success. I dont know what to do Help!!!!!!!

I too have had the same problem and I'm on FM2008 and although I bought FM2009 and FM2010 I have only managed 1 season on each of those, going back to my great save file with FM2008, I imagine you will buy FM2011 but end up going back to FM2010.

I will probably buy FM2011 and hopefully move on from FM2008 but I may need help in the form of counciling or patches.

I intend to delay my purchase of FM2011 personally, I still enjoy 2010, and I expect FM2011 will be a bit buggy at first anyway, so I may well wait till feb or whatever before considering getting it so there's a few patches in first.

You could keep playing 2010 until the patches etc. are all available and any bugs in the game are sorted. That should give you plenty of time to continue your 2010 dreams. If you want a break you can always start 2011 early!

Me personally, I cannot wait for FM2011. I have the opposite problem. I stopped my career saves and cant get started in any news ones as subconsciously I know I will have to stop "soon" when 2011 is here.

Woe is me...id rather be in your shoes!

You could keep playing 2010 until the patches etc. are all available and any bugs in the game are sorted. That should give you plenty of time to continue your 2010 dreams. If you want a break you can always start 2011 early!

Me personally, I cannot wait for FM2011. I have the opposite problem. I stopped my career saves and cant get started in any news ones as subconsciously I know I will have to stop "soon" when 2011 is here.

Woe is me...id rather be in your shoes!

Im struggling with this as well.

Its horrid isnt it!

I end up scouring the forum for FM2011 news rather than playing FM2010....I have tried starting saves though but I cant get into them

Yep sure is and I used to be on FM all the time but now I know the new one comes out soon I cant get into a save. Although I have just started a new one unemployed and I got offered a job. Its going well so far. I have got to pre season at the start of the 2nd season lol.

lol i got to December in a new save on Friday - congrats on your perseverance. Hopefully you can get into this new save and it will last you until FM11!

The only reason it worked was because I started unemployed, sunday league rep and I didnt get the Worcester City job(didnt apply for it). In novemmber got offered the Droylsden job. Who were favourites fro promotion. However they were 20th and in the relegation zone. I cleared some of the squad. So they would leave in Jan. But when I joined they hadnt won in 4 games I think. from when I took over we went on an 18 match unbeaten run until the end of jan. However I was over my wage budget until jan and now im £250,000 ish in the red and I have lost £5k transfer budget and £1k in wage budget yet they want me to finish mid table in the BSN after managing to finish 18th in my 1st season.

Well that certainly sounds like a challenge that coudl keep you occupied. Interestingly it was the Drosylsden job I got offered. They were expected to have a good season but were stinking it up towards the bottom. Despite bringing in some better free transfers I didnt seem to be having much impact....if I had gone on a decent run I think I would have got more into the save.

Well that certainly sounds like a challenge that coudl keep you occupied. Interestingly it was the Drosylsden job I got offered. They were expected to have a good season but were stinking it up towards the bottom. Despite bringing in some better free transfers I didnt seem to be having much impact....if I had gone on a decent run I think I would have got more into the save.

What a coincedence lol. I went on a run. However Im expected to do a better job with less resources. Im liking it though I let everybody go bar 2 players. Paul Black(left back) and Michael Standing(CM). Oh and 2 centre backs.

In my honest opinion, this is a stupid thread. (sorry for being blunt - I do not meanto be rude) Just use an editor and put the wonder kids back in. Also FM2011 won't even be 100% ready until February due to the patches etc.

We already know SI release a new version of the game every year, so why bother with FM2011 at all if you know after 12 months you wont even be playing it. It is a bit of a conundrum really - that is why I only buy FM every 2-3 years and just keep playing my game if it is good enough. The new features arent as good as people think they are - SI always do a good job of making small alterations sound like a huge advancment in the gaming industry.

Its a thread in which your questions are already answered.

Tbh I think your post is a little stupid. Some of SIs new features are really good improvements and some, compared to other football managing games, are advances in the industry.

And FM10 was pretty good on the first patch and definately wasn't unplayable.

Tbh I think your post is a little stupid. Some of SIs new features are really good improvements and some, compared to other football managing games, are advances in the industry.

And FM10 was pretty good on the first patch and definately wasn't unplayable.

I agree with this. I think the new features will be good and they may have to have some work done on them in the future patches but thats gaming. Tbh the FM series is the best type of football manager around. Ive played CM and that is rubbish.

Buy FM11 on release date (so you contributue to it's chart position ;) ), then put it in a drawer away from view, keep playing your FM2010 save until you get bored of it then make the switch.

P.s. A little tip - Don't log on here once FM11 comes out or you will get too tempted to abandon your save! :)

Unfortunately, as soon as the newer release is available, I can never go back to the older ones. There's just so many improvements with each release that I would miss going backwards. Many are the little improvements, that make a great difference to overall game play for me. I can understand attachment to a particular save though

What I usually do, is give the older version to one of my neighbour's kids to play with, along with a disc containing my player shortlists, tactics commonly used and a couple of save games to get him started. He's only 12, Spanish, loves football. but his dad baulks at the price of any computer games. Still, the added bonus is that as well as having fun with the game itself, it's also helping his English. He has the option to play it in Spanish, but apparently his grades in English have improved, because he's had to learn things in English, by playing the game in English.

I don't understand all this Unplayable until 3rd patch talk as i have said before most years my friend buys the game and plays without patches and he has no problem. The main reason that we all moan so much is that we come on here and read every little problem that others have and then we start to notice it ourselves.

I say buy FM 2011 and play it. You will find a save that you really get into and possibly play for the whole year with all the new features. The best thing about the patches are that they are mostly save game compatible. Just take the little bugs in the game as part and parcel of life as a manager and it will not be a problem!

nom i'm on 2026/27 with Arsenal. my target will be to play with Inter, i've started on Malmo, but i don't know if it will be possible, because at the end of the transfer windows (31th august - 1st september) i'd like to start a new, last game, with Pontedera (italian serie d, the team of my town)

lol saying that the save I did on Friday lasted about 5 months as I cant concentrate now I know FM11 is coming out. Maybe I should rectify my statement by saying I generally try to make my saves last a minimum of 10 years

I find once you reach a certain point in a save its hard to turn off and stop!

i couldn't get into any ew saves knowing that fm11 is round the corner so what I did was to download a modified database were the great britain was united in footballing terms and I updated it with 2011 data, amended the premier league so it only has 16 teams including Celtic and Rangers and ensured that all teams from the home nations are in this league. And fired up a game this way. Managed to win the World Cup with Great Britain with a team made up of: Hart, Richards, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole --- Fletcher and Lampard (MC's) --- Walcott (AMR), Gerrard (AMC) Bellamy(AML) -- Rooney (Striker). At least i'm having fun while waiting for FM11!!

Archived