To the Premiership!!!

After one year in BSS one in BSP, one in League 2, Two in League 1, and Three in the Championship...Bath City is headed to the Premiership!

We finished 6th but played amazingly in the playoff dismantling Hull 7-2 ag. in the semis. Bolton was the draw for the final, I had a record of 0-1-7 against them in my career. We led 2-1 at the break, but they had someone sent off at the 49th. We killed 'em 5-1. I have to say...I am terrified, our stadium only holds 8k. We will hemorrhage money!

Even so, I can't wait!

Even with a small stadium you will be okay money wise the TV money is huge and your wage budget should be pretty low. I had a 14k stadium and made money easily in the EPL. With free transfers and loans just try to control your wage budget well. Also there is a good chance that the board will either increase the capacity or build a new ground. On FM09 I played as Nantwich who had a capacity of something silly like 5000 or 6000, on our promotion we played at Stokes ground and attracted more fans than when we moved into our own stadium.

Well done on getting to the EPL sounds like a long enjoyable career for you. Good luck in the EPL, let us know how you get on.

Well we stayed up, did pretty well in fact 9th place very respectable. Money was tight but we did well. Then midway through the next season I had an english tycoon buy the club and promise me 120 million for new players. Awesome as I've never had that happen before but kinda sad that my tiny little club is going to be the new Man City!

I'm doing something similar, although not with just 1 club. Started off with Wrexham in BSP, won league then finished 4th in League 2 season afterwards and won promotion. Was offered the Bury job in League 1 and accepted it. Won League 1 first season in charge and am currently in my second season in the Championship after a 12th placed finish in first year. Currently 19 games in and lying in 1st place at the minute, so here's hoping I can keep the strong start to the season going.

Well we stayed up, did pretty well in fact 9th place very respectable. Money was tight but we did well. Then midway through the next season I had an english tycoon buy the club and promise me 120 million for new players. Awesome as I've never had that happen before but kinda sad that my tiny little club is going to be the new Man City!

Yeah that is sad. I took Oxford up from the blue square prem into the premierhip. We've just won out first champions league final and have won the premier league 5 times now yet we are still in a fairly poor financial situation. It was nice to do it on a small budget though, very satisfying.

Having said that i wouldn't have minded if a tycoon had pumped loads of cash in all those years ago when we first came up!

Yeah that is sad. I took Oxford up from the blue square prem into the premierhip. We've just won out first champions league final and have won the premier league 5 times now yet we are still in a fairly poor financial situation. It was nice to do it on a small budget though, very satisfying.

Having said that i wouldn't have minded if a tycoon had pumped loads of cash in all those years ago when we first came up!

Yeah it's sad after eight years of only frees and strict down to the penny budgeting, for none of that to matter anymore. But, the temptation to get world class players is just to too much to deny.

Yeah it's sad after eight years of only frees and strict down to the penny budgeting, for none of that to matter anymore. But, the temptation to get world class players is just to too much to deny.

Yeah fair play. At least you have played the game from both perspectives: rich and poor.

Yeah, you could argue that after such a glorious campaign to the EPL, you deserve to have some money behind you. Clearly shows you've done miracles, didn't take too long for you to get them up did it really.

We got loads of money and made the Europa League in our 2nd season up, but now we are hit with the worst injury crisis I've ever had. 17 of my 25 man squad are out at least 2 weeks, with 9 of them at least 6. Jeebus.

Check that now we're at 22 of 25 out.

After one year in BSS one in BSP, one in League 2, Two in League 1, and Three in the Championship...Bath City is headed to the Premiership!

We finished 6th but played amazingly in the playoff dismantling Hull 7-2 ag. in the semis. Bolton was the draw for the final, I had a record of 0-1-7 against them in my career. We led 2-1 at the break, but they had someone sent off at the 49th. We killed 'em 5-1. I have to say...I am terrified, our stadium only holds 8k. We will hemorrhage money!

Even so, I can't wait!

Haha, I have just got Forest Green Rovers to the Premiership, 6k stadium, really small village we are situated in and only 3000 are turning out for us in our first 2 home games in the Prem.

We made the Champions League, finishing second, but well off Arsenal, who had the league wrapped up with five left to play. I'm hoping this could be a trophy winning season , as we have brought way fewer players this year and as such should gel a bit quicker!

Just to let you know...

Your stadium will be the smallest in premier league history to date. Blackpool's stadium is currently the smallest having a capacity of 16,000. Seeing as yours is half of that you have made quite to record. To be honest i would concentrate on bringing in new players and strengthening your squad before you begin to expand your stadium.

I must have forgotten to mention this earlier, we got a new stadium! It was built right before the takeover so the new one only held 13,255. Since then it has been upgraded twice and now holds 24,763. We are making a pretty decent monthly profit now(not that it matters anymore) but I can't keep anyone healthy to save my life. Struggling a bit domestically at the moment but ripping through our CL group!

Well, fourth year coming down to the wire, we are top in the EPL with 7 seven left but Chelsea have a game in hand. Through to the second knockout round of the CL after dismantling Barca 6-1 agg in the first round. Bring on PSG!

Well after taking the home leg 3-2 we crashed out with a a horrid, uninspired 0-2 loss in Paris. My star striker got a 4.1 so I gave him a warning which he accepted saying he wasn't motivated for the match and he'll try to rectify that. Not motivated for a CL quarter-final when you play for Bath? Silly guy that one...

**** me, are you saying you completed a season in like a few days?!?!?!?!

I couldnt do that,

1. because i got out and do things,

2. it takes my enjoyment out of the game when i rush things, i like to appreciate my achievements :)

I only have england loaded and watch with commentary only. I rip through seasons in like two days. That's playing for a couple hours while watching TV. I'm an actor so I don't have the office hour work days. Shows usually run 630 til maybe 11, so I get in a couple hours a day before performances.

Also I go out fairly often, late at night after work.

I also appreciate very little. Lol.

83. We caught fire and ended the year unbeaten in 15.

Good stuff. :thup:

I hope to win the Premier League with Bournemouth some day. [Currently in the year 2018]

I won promotion to the Premier League a couple of seasons ago, but then we were relegated & finished rock bottom on 16 points. [Had very average/poor players due to lack of money]

But after a much needed clear out, i strengthened the team with the money we recieved from our Premier League season.

And we bounced straight back up to the Premier League through the play offs after finishing 3rd on 89 points.

And we're doing much better this time around, we already have 24 points after 21 games. :)

teej9 - lol, nice save though by the sounds of it :)

Bakermush - just reading posts and i like the sounds of your bournemouth save, i hate it when i just win, win, win with a team... suprising i know, but i like to have problems in my games, it makes it more challenging :) all in all though, sounds like you have a pretty good save there my friend :)

Well done on a great save teej9, I'm doing a similar thing myself, I created my village team and started in BSS, now in league one aiming for the championship. So far I've tried to build a young English team, and my parent club is Villa so I get some good season long loans from them.

Another absolute nail-biter. We went into the final match of the season two points up on Arsenal, setting up a amazing match between Bath v Arsenal at the Emirates. We played sloppy in the first half, going down 0-1, but hit for two quick goals in the second and held on for our second straight title. That was our only trophy of the year as we bowed out early in the cups and went out to Porto in CL first knockout round.

Haven't played for a few days but am just wrapping up the 2023 season. Well we could not make it three EPL titles in a row, as early injuries and a late season fixture congestion nightmare put us back down to second. We are just coming off of 7 matches in nine days and the squad maybe be dying. On a bittersweet note we got bounced from the CL in the group stage but we did go on to win the Europa League. With the FA cup final still to come we can still pull off a double!

Looking good there teej9, keep us updated. I've done a similar thing with the mighty Chelmsford city, securing back-to-back promotions to the championship, then it took us 3 years, but we're now in the top flight. Am in November in our first season of Premier league football, and we've got a perfectly even record, Won 4 Lost 4 Drawn 4. Hopefully I'll get a tycoon takeover like you, or at least a new stadium, as I was refused any expansion for years, had only a 3k capacity in the championship, it's being expanded now to 9.5k just to comply with Premier league rules.

Bracken~The TV money really helps things once you get to the Prem, the stadium will only be a matter of time. Especially if you keep control of the wages. Although I have to ask did you find the Championship incredibly tough, or was it just me? I found my first year there more difficult than the first in the top flight!

Archived