Somthing to consider..?

i can't rememebr which version it was but the game was one of the Cm version's we were able to move the players around using a with/without ball screen.?..

I'm just watching the Man City, Liverpool build up on sky and was watching Andy grey do his pitch line ups and how the teams may play. this reminded me of the old version of Cm and i thougth this is somthing we can't currently do with FM..

Basicly. when the opposing team attacks down your left flank you may want your SCl to drop deep and when teams attack down your right flank you may want your SCr to drop deep. i'm not sure if this is somthing we need but in reality as a manager i certainly would like some kind of option to allow this..

well setting a right sided striker as a poacher and a left sided striker as a deep forward is going to make them play differently. if the opposing team is attacking down right flank your poacher isnt going to track back the same as the deep forward on the left side, and thats somthing you cant set up currently. it's a fact that a poacher wont defend the same as a deeplying forward. whats not to understand about that.?

well setting a right sided striker as a poacher and a left sided striker as a deep forward is going to make them play differently. if the opposing team is attacking down right flank your poacher isnt going to track back the same as the deep forward on the left side' date=' and thats somthing you cant set up currently. it's a fact that a poacher wont defend the same as a deeplying forward. whats not to understand about that.?[/quote']

I must be failing to see your point as well. Think the analogy with the poacher and DLF may not be the best though.

Of course they won't play the same on defense, because a poacher is a pretty much offense only type of role. You want to change their behavior you change their role.

Now if you are just talking about wingers behaving towards the ball I see my winger on the flank with the ball drop back and close down the ball all the time even though they are set to attacking wingers. While the guy on the opposite flank has himself some room if my boys get the ball he can receive it.

So what it sounds like you are asking for the game does, at least in my eyes. So I'm not sure what you mean.

It has been taken out for being prone to unrealistic setting which caused flaws in the match engine (or rather exposed them) to easily.

Also I think they took it out after the split from Eidos who owned the look and feel. I believe to remember that this also played some part in the equation.

Archived