Why is F. Torres Target Man to Feet?

Why is F. Torres Target Man to Feet?

This is what my staff recommends me and from reading the boards, it is a sensible role.

But how do I know if my staff doesnt tell me anything? I guess what I'm asking is how can I determine what role a player will play best. By looking at F. Torres stats, I would assume a Complete Forward role but apparently I'm not right.

I'm aware that when I choose the player roles, it highlight important attributes. But I'm still confused on who should have free role, who should hold up the ball, who should support, who should attack etc..

a) your staff might not be right, and often different members give conflicting info, its up to you to decide whether their advice is worth anything or not.

b) he can be a complete forward and be ticked as a target man, supply to feet. This would be a good role for him imho.

More generally in terms of defend/support/attack, your CB's can only have defend and for most strategies leaving the full-backs on 'automatic' is fine. After that it's a case of finding a balance. ie for a 4-4-2, having one CM with a defensive mind-set (ie ball-winning CM, defend) and one supportive (ie Box-2-Box) allows you to play with two attacking wingers. Then have one striker supporting (ie DLF, support) and one attacking (ie poacher/advanced).

To give a player a free-role they must have exceptional off-the-ball movement, decision-making skills and creativity.

To be honest if a player has the stats to be a complete forward go with it if others say he's a good target men. Complete and target behave pretty much exactly the same but if the player is good enough there is a little more freedom for the complete role. Especially if you are just going to tell the target to receive to the feet. As far as strikers go my play style is complete forward are the ball control experts and the target men are just your strong aerial presence.

I played my last season with a complete and a target side by side and they played identically just one is better then the other (higher and more stats). So I wouldn't worry if other people say you'll get a sliver more success out of a "target to the feet" role, if the player works as a complete then use him like that.

b) he can be a complete forward and be ticked as a target man, supply to feet. This would be a good role for him imho.

This is actually the role that i use him in and I think it works great. When he's not injured, which unfortunately happens quite often in FM, he can easily get 20+ goals a season in the league alone.

a) your staff might not be right, and often different members give conflicting info, its up to you to decide whether their advice is worth anything or not.

More generally in terms of defend/support/attack, your CB's can only have defend and for most strategies leaving the full-backs on 'automatic' is fine. After that it's a case of finding a balance. ie for a 4-4-2, having one CM with a defensive mind-set (ie ball-winning CM, defend) and one supportive (ie Box-2-Box) allows you to play with two attacking wingers. Then have one striker supporting (ie DLF, support) and one attacking (ie poacher/advanced).

To give a player a free-role they must have exceptional off-the-ball movement, decision-making skills and creativity.

to play a free role they need a high rating in free role thats hidden.... for whatever reason its still hidden i dunno - you cant scout it either

Archived