Football Manager Handheld Lite

I have been playing CM/FM for many years, and decided to give this a try on my missus' iPhone after my PSP had it's last breath a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to ask what the general opinion was about this and also wanted to ask if this would be available on any other mobile formats, such as Android or Nokia's Maemo/Meego. I can see a lot of potential with the mobile phone format.

• SI Staff

At the moment its only available on the iPhone/iTouch - there are no concrete plans to move it to other devices at present simply because theres only a certain amount of hours in the day ..... I'd love to support other platforms, but time will tell.

Thanks for answering my question Marc. I do have another though. In future would it be possible to connect your saved game from the home version to the mobile version therefore enabling you to continue games on the move and then transferring data from PC to mobile phone and vice versa

Thanks

PC Saved games wont be able to work for FMH as its a much bigger DB than fmhi.

if thats what you meant

It's not just the size of the database that would cause a problem - FM & FMH are completely different games. Transferring PC saved games to FMH and vice versa would be simply impossible to do.

Could you clarify what you mean exactly by 'home' version ShadowLFC?

Apologies for not being clear - I did mean the PC versions. I do understand about FM and FMH being different games, however I'm asking seeing as, for example, Maemo/Meego is a full Linux OS running on a mobile phone format. In this case wouldn't it be possible for a full FM game to operate on it. I have a Nokia N900 which is running on Maemo 5 and through the community have certain PC games running perfectly on the phone. Because of this it just got my mind thinking that maybe it would be possible for full FM games to work on mobile phone devices.

• SI Staff
Apologies for not being clear - I did mean the PC versions. I do understand about FM and FMH being different games, however I'm asking seeing as, for example, Maemo/Meego is a full Linux OS running on a mobile phone format. In this case wouldn't it be possible for a full FM game to operate on it. I have a Nokia N900 which is running on Maemo 5 and through the community have certain PC games running perfectly on the phone. Because of this it just got my mind thinking that maybe it would be possible for full FM games to work on mobile phone devices.

To be quite honest one day it may well be possible to get the full PC game working on a mobile - however at present the processors on the devices supply only a fraction of the processing power of a modern PC (and outside of that I would argue that the full PC game wouldn't particularly suit a mobile device because of the time taken to play it, the amount of options available lending itself to a very cumbersome UI considering the lack of resolution etc.).

Archived