International Management

That is crap though...

When I buy a game for PS3, I dont have to "patch up".

I am not happy to be honest - I have the game on a laptop with no internet access and does patching up change my current game?

1) That's not true - I have to update various applications/games on the PS3

2) I have found the only way to solve this is to start a new game again.

I am not happy to be honest - I have the game on a laptop with no internet access and does patching up change my current game?

Can't you download it on your current machine and then transfer it using a memory stick?

From the others who have reported this issue recently, installing the patch has solved the problem with a save game instantly.

That is crap though...

When I buy a game for PS3, I dont have to "patch up".

In fairness, be it PC, PS3, Nintendo, or XBOX, all platforms release games which may require patches or updates to correct any issues.

Prior to having the possibility to connect to the internet on gaming consoles, if games were release with issues, they were stuck that way permanently, with no way of correcting or "patching". If you haven't got internet access, you'll be affected with your laptop and your PS3. It's not uncommon for all console platform games to have patches nowadays.

As dafuge suggests, if you can get access to a PC with internet access (obviously it's possible to do if you're able to post on the forum ;) ), download the latest patch on a memory stick, then use it with your laptop. Problem solved. :)

Archived