Struggling big time!

Hi Guys,

Been here AGES but haven't been able to play much FM over the last few years. Got into it again a couple of months back on FM2010 latest patch.

Couple of things I've noticed.

1. When setting the corners to "Penalty Area" the corner taker ALWAYS plays the ball back to beyond the 'D' for a midfielder - not in the penalty area
  2. Again at corners, my players refuse to attack or stand at the near post regardless of instruction

Whilst I'm still enjoying it the above annoy me a tad.

Anyway the main reason for this thread was to simply convey my current plight with QPR. In my 3rd season after managing to get them into the Prem at the first time of asking. I have a wealth of experienced Prem players who simply refuse to close down, pass the ball, or run with it (unless wingers) regardless of the instructions I give them. Could low morale be causing the general lethargy I'm witnessing?

Cheers

Calm down SteveRobbo, the man's just looking for some help.

A piece of advice would be to set your best striker of the ball to "lurk outside area" on corners, so that he can smash it on target when it falls outside the D.

No idea why your team won't press, but yeah, maybe lower their creative freedom? Perhaps a change in formation might help you? I'm an advocate of the 4-1-2-1-2; it's never steered me wrong in 15 years of the game! Wide players on the opposition will get a lot of the ball so just make sure your full backs are fast and your centre backs are good in the air.

Hope this may help!

As for the OP, if you haven't played FM for years and are now watching the matches in 3D on FM10, the issue may be that the 3D engine isn't displaying closing down etc. properly. Personally I've always felt that the closing down looks rather ridiculous now that the matches are displayed in 3D, so it may not be a tactical issue.

Perhaps. Not really your place to tell them though and it's not like you are doing it in a helpful way either, leave that to the moderators.

I dont see the problem. His/her problem is with tactics, Ive told him to post in the tactics forum. Correct advice. If we left everything to the moderators some things would be waiting days to be dealt with.

All I did was tell him/her that the answers to the questions they raised can be found in the tactics forum, along with answers on how to sort their team out. Not really a big deal is it.

Hi Guys,

Been here AGES but haven't been able to play much FM over the last few years. Got into it again a couple of months back on FM2010 latest patch.

Couple of things I've noticed.

1. When setting the corners to "Penalty Area" the corner taker ALWAYS plays the ball back to beyond the 'D' for a midfielder - not in the penalty area
  2. Again at corners, my players refuse to attack or stand at the near post regardless of instruction

Whilst I'm still enjoying it the above annoy me a tad.

Anyway the main reason for this thread was to simply convey my current plight with QPR. In my 3rd season after managing to get them into the Prem at the first time of asking. I have a wealth of experienced Prem players who simply refuse to close down, pass the ball, or run with it (unless wingers) regardless of the instructions I give them. Could low morale be causing the general lethargy I'm witnessing?

Cheers

Moving this back on topic, as Kevhamster said if Creative freedom is too high then players just do what they feel is right, not always what you want them to do. I haven't had your problem ever, but my teams are always set to Rigid which might be why.

Moving this back on topic, as Kevhamster said if Creative freedom is too high then players just do what they feel is right, not always what you want them to do. I haven't had your problem ever, but my teams are always set to Rigid which might be why.

Also after being here 'ages' he/she must have read more than one thing about the corner exploit. That may explain why the ball is being pulled back to somebody outside of the box when its set to penalty area.

Also after being here 'ages' he/she must have read more than one thing about the corner exploit. That may explain why the ball is being pulled back to somebody outside of the box when its set to penalty area.

Can you elaborate on this? Surley the exploit is when you tell your corner taker to pass to a lurker outside the box, not when the game chooses to do it by itself?

Can you elaborate on this? Surley the exploit is when you tell your corner taker to pass to a lurker outside the box, not when the game chooses to do it by itself?

No you dont tell your corner taer to pass to anybody. You tell them to cross to a certain area, i.e. penalty area. But if you set your players up it such a way, it exploits the ME somehow where the ball lands to your lurking player who can get a shot away unapposed. Resulting in a fair few goals. There is a big thread on the corner exploit in the tactics forum explaining everything. Have a read of it :thup:

No you dont tell your corner taer to pass to anybody. You tell them to cross to a certain area, i.e. penalty area. But if you set your players up it such a way, it exploits the ME somehow where the ball lands to your lurking player who can get a shot away unapposed. Resulting in a fair few goals. There is a big thread on the corner exploit in the tactics forum explaining everything. Have a read of it :thup:

Yeah i'm well aware of what that exploit is and how to set it up.

What i'm trying to get at is that i've never seen the the game do it against your wishes as per what you said in post 15 and also fits in with you calling me a cheat in another thread when you said my tactic you downloaded was doing the corner cheat in your game despite the fact it was specifically set to deliver the balls to the far post.

Yeah i'm well aware of what that exploit is and how to set it up.

What i'm trying to get at is that i've never seen the the game do it against your wishes as per what you said in post 15 and also fits in with you calling me a cheat in another thread when you said my tactic you downloaded was doing the corner cheat in your game despite the fact it was specifically set to deliver the balls to the far post.

I never said that in post 15 so dont try to twist my words. You cant intentionaly tell your player to pull the ball back to the lurker so what is your point. The op wasnted to know why the ball always gets played to the lurker when the corner is actually set to penalty area. I said he/she will probably find the answer in the corner exploit thread as this is what happens.

It has nothing to do with mean calling you a cheat. Your just seeing it that way because your still holding on to the grudge you have. I apologised for if I was wrong. Grow up and move on.

Archived