10.3 manager AI giving away players.

So since 10.3 I've noticed that over all the management AI is more active and more realistic. Except for a very bad trend I'm seeing recently.

Started a new MLS save recently and just finished the first season with a league win. However something the really helped me get that win was the AI giving away quality players.

Right before the season started two teams waived John Thorrington and Emilio Renteria. Both are basically star players in the MLS, I jumped and got both off waivers, so not only were they waived but no other teams wanted either else I could have only gotten one. They made a new core for my Colorado team scoring and creating assists all over for me. I ended up selling Thorrington about mid season for $1mil (probably should have asked for more) and Renteria helped lead me to the league win. Then just short of the very end of the season two more players were waived, Eddie Gaven and Danny Szetela both young players with mounds of talent, two more class acts for the MLS and beyond. Yet again I was able to claim them both off waivers. If you have an early save look these players up, you'd have to be crazy to place players like that on waivers and even more so for no teams to try and claim them.

I don't know if this is a behavior that might be seen outside the MLS or if it's just the AI failing to deal with the different regulations of the league. What ever the cause though this is really a damaging flaw in the AI. I've now acquired 4 players that would require much money or stars players in trade all for free. Makes it kinda hard not to win.

SI should really look into this. Will post this on the bug board too.

I think that there is a bug, but it relates really only to goalkeepers. Akinfeev and Adler had no bids when their contracts expired.

Another concern for me was in one save I left my club after 8 years, the manager that took over sold basically all the promising youth for any offers that came in. Was so stupid, sell promising youth for just their market price when they could be held onto and used or sold for much more.

I'm not complaining, I recently saw Victor Anichebe & Darron gibson run out of their contracts and dropped down to CCL2 & CCL1 respectively to join me at Hyde United.

Infact it's shocking how many quality players Leave their contracts and aren'tpicked up by a team in the division they should be playing in!

Archived