Idea, what do you think?

Today I had an idea for next versions of FM regarding transfers and the press.

It's about filtering possible transfers or interest in a player to the press, either Radio, Newspapers, Websites or TV, in order to, a) have a good relation with your press, because the press determines, in big part and aside from what they see in the pitch, what they read, hear or see on the papers, what your supporers think about you as a manager and the whole club, and b) have realistic transfer rumours and questions on the press conferences.

Here's an example, you're welcomed to the club, and you're told the bigger press agencies around the club that keep the supporters informed, you're also told you're going to need to filter some information to them here and there, nothing drastic, they don't need to know how's your daily life as a Manager but yes something they can fill newspapers with.

If you do filter news and they can fill their newspapers nicely, the papers will talk good about you and your manager, and praising your moves or decisions either in the transfer market on ir games, even if it's a bad substitution that led you to a tie instead of a victory in certain game, the papers will try and make you look not so bad to the supporters.

Instead, if you never filter things to the press, they will get upset and write against you, nothing wreckless, but keeping them uninformed of what's happening in your office will make them unhappier everyday, and can eventually, and with a couple bad results on the pitch, get you sacked.

what do you think?

This is okay, but people like the untrue rumours, it gets the supporters excited for the prospects of different players going in and out of the club.

Also rumours and press links that are untrue happen all the time in real life!

However, i do like your relationship idea. I would like to see press reactions, and the press writing bad things about you if you respond negatively and angrily. Although its a bit odd as in real life i cant think of any manager who are hated by the press.... so this may not really work.

I would just like the rumours changed a bit to add realism.

A thing i think would be great is being able to set up press interviews or interviews with the clubs website etc. This keeps the fans informed about your plans and ambitions. Something as a fan myself, i like to see.

Andy

Your relationship with the press does exist already though if at all it only seems to be of influence in their choice of questions to a very small extent.

Still, I just can't handle that as it seems. Every journalist just keeps being annoyed with me more and more and after a year everyone just hates me. I really don't know what I'm doing 'wrong' apart from refusing to comment on in which area my team is the best... :confused:

I wish they would improve the rumours section on FM, my team never seems to get linked with anyone good at all!

I guess it is still linked to reputation since I am Fleetwood (but I do have a continental reputation) but I still get linked with lower league players who would never make the grade or make my fans excited at all, would just make them think I am crazy

I wish they would improve the rumours section on FM, my team never seems to get linked with anyone good at all!

I guess it is still linked to reputation since I am Fleetwood (but I do have a continental reputation) but I still get linked with lower league players who would never make the grade or make my fans excited at all, would just make them think I am crazy

That happens to me also. The game tries to be as real as it can be, but linking say Man Utd to a second rate player (something that happens regularly on my game) isn't realistic.

That happens to me also. The game tries to be as real as it can be, but linking say Man Utd to a second rate player (something that happens regularly on my game) isn't realistic.

Yeah when the opposite happens IRL

Get linked with Oezil and buy Bebe:thdn:

Archived