Anyone ever had a new stadium 2 times with the same club ?

Hi

Im currently playing in the Ukraine premier league. I have played 20 + seasons. Im Dynamo/Dinamo Kiev now for 15 years. We started off with a 16,000 seater stadium in 2010 and by 2018 I eventually had a new stadium built (26000 seater).

Anyhow after successful years we expanded within 3/4 years by 2022 to 52,000 and fill it every game. Been applying for a increase in ground capacity now for 4/5 years to be told that council will not give planning permission. I have £80 million in the bank, any chance the board will build a new stadium again but with a bigger capacity ?

Has anyone ever had this happen in their game ?

Cheers

Dafuge, many thanks for them screen shots !

That gives me some hope, it does appear to be ever 20/21 years when they have upgraded you. Where you getting full sell outs or within a 1000/2000 of selling out the majority of the games, also, did you keep requesting stadium expansion every season ?

Gives me some hope my board may build a new stadium in about 5-8 years !

Had a new stadium built at 26k capacity (after 10 years in the Prem) which was then expanded further upto 39k after one season. Still selling out every game but I can't see me getting a new stadium for another ~10 seasons until my loan debt is paid off from the first stadium. Huge improvement on the 15k I was playing with though a few seasons ago.

:thup:

Stadium 1

Stadium 2

Stadium 3

I've had three :cool:

As you might be able to see though, there seems to be a 20 year gap between new stadia being built.

Dafuge, I notice in your third screenshot in 2062 the board are upgrading your training facilities. I'm guessing you've had top facilities for years now though! Was just wondering if they "upgrade" every year? In my Norwich file they're doing the same!

Nice Stadium btw! Well worth the wait!:thup:

:thup:

Dafuge, I notice in your third screenshot in 2062 the board are upgrading your training facilities. I'm guessing you've had top facilities for years now though! Was just wondering if they "upgrade" every year? In my Norwich file they're doing the same!

Nice Stadium btw! Well worth the wait!:thup:

Youth/training facilities get dated and need improvements to keep them state of the art, so every couple of years or so I get £1.1m spent on them to bring them back to the best standard. It is a new feature for FM10, it did not happen before.

Youth/training facilities get dated and need improvements to keep them state of the art, so every couple of years or so I get £1.1m spent on them to bring them back to the best standard. It is a new feature for FM10, it did not happen before.

Aaaah, makes sense now! Thanks for clearing that up mate

I think the 20/21 year gap seems to tally with the stadium sponorships deal end dates roughly. Seems that you may only build a new stadium once the 20 year sponsorship deal is up. Everytime I have been at a club who have built it has been with a 20 year sponsorship deal for the stadium.

Stadium 1

Stadium 2

Stadium 3

As you might be able to see though, there seems to be a 20 year gap between new stadia being built.

Very impressive. I always thought the game had a hardcoded maxium attendance figure judging on the club and area? I'm taking a wild guess and saying Tooting and Mitcham wasn't 95,000ish, either way looks encouraging.

I had one built in FM09, now I'm just trying to get the funds together.

Very impressive. I always thought the game had a hardcoded maxium attendance figure judging on the club and area? I'm taking a wild guess and saying Tooting and Mitcham wasn't 95,000ish, either way looks encouraging.

I had one built in FM09, now I'm just trying to get the funds together.

I'm fairly sure that the maximum attendance figures that are used in the database are dynamic, which means they only really apply to the club as it stands at the start of the game.

Stadium 1

Stadium 2

Stadium 3

Seemed to work out every 22 years going by the screen shots.

That's a bit of a shame for me, third season in with Granada CF (now in Liga BBVA). I had a fantastic board takeover at the end of season two, which provided me with Man City-esque funding to sign players, plus a new stadium.

The old stadium was 16,200 capacity. The new stadium is 25,636 and we move in at the end of the season. Unfortunately, it's named after an obscure former fitness coach, who is listed as a club favourite, despite me guiding the club to consecutive promotions and winning the Spanish Cup whilst in the second tier. Ungrateful lot!!

Still, here's to 22 years (or less hopefully!) wait.

Note: Just as a point of interest, you wouldn't happen to have screenshots of the stadium sponsorship dates for the new stadiums? I've a sneaky feeling that it might somehow tie in with the sponsorship expiry...

Seemed to work out every 22 years going by the screen shots.

Note: Just as a point of interest, you wouldn't happen to have screenshots of the stadium sponsorship dates for the new stadiums? I've a sneaky feeling that it might somehow tie in with the sponsorship expiry...

I'm pretty certain it is 20 years, it appears to be 22 because they usually take a couple of years to build.

I don't have screenshots of the sponsorship deals, but I'm fairly sure they were 10 year deals. They were renewed so the dates may well have tied in, but I'm fairly sure I would have got one after the ten years of it was possible.

Both my "theory" and my mathematics shot down like a lead-balloon. :D

Interestingly though, my current "new" stadium has a sponsorship deal until 2031. Stadium construction started 2011.

I really hope it is linked to the sponsorship deals, as my current one expires in six years :cool:

I really hope it is linked to the sponsorship deals, as my current one expires in six years :cool:

dafuge, i'm in the 2023/24 season with Oxford (5 times premiership winners, champions league holders ect...) and still have not had a new stadium, despite packing out our ground for every game we play and being the 7th richest club in the world.

I've read posts by yourself stating it's usually 20 years between stadium moves. The current Kassam stadium was built in 2003 but still no news on an update.

What i'm wondering is would i get the announcement regarding a new one at the end of this season or would i have had it at the end of the previous season (2023/23) if that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Well my sponsorship deal in 2038 renewed it's self for 20 years from 2038 to 2058. I was gutted, I thought well no new stadium for me tilll 2058 ish, but then at the end of the 2040 season I had the news that new stadium would be built for 15th of june 2041!

It will be 70000 seater and only costs £32 million which I think is very cheap, but this is the UKRAINE. I got £18 million from the sale of my current stadium. So it has only cost me £14 million out of my balance which before the news was just over £100 million. I also got a 20 year deal for £20 million ( 1 million ) per season stadium sponship. Not great but this is the Ukraine not the EPL. Im so happy, Shaktar Donetsk only have 51000. I have won the league 8 times in a row but this bit of extra income should allow me to sign some £15-£20 million players within a few seasons without wiping out my budget in one or two seasons. I should also be able to expand this stadium if we fill it so it could be a 80,000 + stadium after a few seasons !

Cheers

dafuge, i'm in the 2023/24 season with Oxford (5 times premiership winners, champions league holders ect...) and still have not had a new stadium, despite packing out our ground for every game we play and being the 7th richest club in the world.

I've read posts by yourself stating it's usually 20 years between stadium moves. The current Kassam stadium was built in 2003 but still no news on an update.

What i'm wondering is would i get the announcement regarding a new one at the end of this season or would i have had it at the end of the previous season (2023/23) if that makes sense?

Same here. what reason does the Board give you ? They keep telling me Council will never allow an upgrade of the stadium due to lack of place or something like that. Does this mean I ll never have a new stadium bought either or can I still hope ?

Also, regarding stadium named after us. Do we have to be a legend of the club for this to happen ? How do you become a legend ? I ve won everything several time (like more or less 10 times each trophees), and still not a legend (not even sure I am anywhere in favoured personel)

I've had 2 with Northallerton using Super Bladesmans level 10 database, but they were 24 years apart.

The reason why some people get 2/3 stadiums is because they're managing a small team.

Because I'm managing man utd, I've had only one stadium built and I probably won't ever get another because it has a capacity of 124959...:mad:

I guess it's one more reason to manage a small team in fm2011...

The reason why some people get 2/3 stadiums is because they're managing a small team.

Because I'm managing man utd, I've had only one stadium built and I probably won't ever get another because it has a capacity of 124959...:mad:

I guess it's one more reason to manage a small team in fm2011...

F*** yeah !

Just as I was complaining I get my second stadium

I just don't get why it's called arena like the first ( should be park for a change) and also...the new stadium capacity is only 139666 ?? My current stadium has a capacity of 124959... Doesn't seem that much justifiable but whatever...:D

F*** yeah !

Just as I was complaining I get my second stadium

I just don't get why it's called arena like the first ( should be park for a change) and also...the new stadium capacity is only 139666 ?? My current stadium has a capacity of 124959... Doesn't seem that much justifiable but whatever...:D

Congrats mate ! :)

(I also feel it, I am close to a new stadium. Like one or two seasons. However I am on a break on this save right now :-(. I have to do it before FM11 though :D)

Congrats mate ! :)

(I also feel it, I am close to a new stadium. Like one or two seasons. However I am on a break on this save right now :-(. I have to do it before FM11 though :D)

Thanks. I think the main reason why I got one is because in the last transfer window I saved a lot of money by buying only one player.

It had to be that because more then 30 years have gone by since I had my first stadium named after me.

There should be other factors than money as I ve increased by 300M my balance twice in a row (close to 1B now). Btw what was your balance ? Do you still contract a loan even if you could pay cash ?

I think other factors are of course success and attendance (last year I ve reach 59900 average against 58000 the four years before, which I didn't expect to beat without an upgrade, for a 60000 capacity, that's why I ve got a feeling now) and also the famous 20 or 25 years in between (I think I am close to 25 years since my last stadium upgrade). If I have a new stadium soon then factors are confirmed and I was missing the two lattest, while you were missing the money. :) let's find out

There should be other factors than money as I ve increased by 300M my balance twice in a row (close to 1B now). Btw what was your balance ? Do you still contract a loan even if you could pay cash ?

I think other factors are of course success and attendance (last year I ve reach 59900 average against 58000 the four years before, which I didn't expect to beat without an upgrade, for a 60000 capacity, that's why I ve got a feeling now) and also the famous 20 or 25 years in between (I think I am close to 25 years since my last stadium upgrade). If I have a new stadium soon then factors are confirmed and I was missing the two lattest, while you were missing the money. :) let's find out

Obviously, success and attendance have a lot to do with that...but I had great attendances and hugeee sucess for more then 30 years...so what was missing was probably the money... I'm still not sure about the 20 years thing as my first stadium was built in 2030 and this one in 2064...

^

Its easier that way. No wondering if you are in the right place. Am I at the Great Sandy Desert? Well, its big and sandy so yes. Am I at the Sydney Football Stadium, well I am watching Sydney FC play football so yes. Which way to the Blue Mountains, see those mountains that are kind of blue, head there.

Life is easier that way, also as a point, its a big country, with not many people and a lot of space in between, this means we have to name more things on average then any where else per person.... hence you get Great Australian Bight, Great Barrier Reef, Great Dividing Range, states named Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory.

Easy.

On the theme, I like that there were panels and competitions to name the Aussie capital, only to take the Aboriginal name that was there anyway.

I'm hoping I can get a second stadium - Spurs was increased to 70k, but with no room for expansion. We're pretty much filling out every game, and I really want to break Man Utd's attendance record.

I had 3 built within a 10 year time frame between 2009-2019. however my laptop was playing up so i thought it was cos the game was slowing the laptop down, so i uninstalled the game totally. worked out I just went over my download liit, so I lost the saved game :(

went from a 47000 Anfield stadium to my 3rd stadium which had over 129,000 seats in it

Yes, I think that is where the name for the stadium comes from.

Speaking of getting a legend. How do you become a legend ? In my save I have 1160 points (11 EPL -I missed only two since 2013-, 6 cups, 1 UEFA and 6 CL ; I am in year 2026 now), finance are fine (club is worth 1.5B, balance is almost 1B), yet I still don't see me anywhere in the favoured personnel. Any clue how to get there ? I don't see what I could do more. Apparently getting players there has something to do with praising them. Is there something like that for managers ? Also, I didn't manage any nation, could it be what is missing ? Speaking of which, is it possible to manage England even without the English nationaility in FM ? If so, should be fixed for FM11, or we should be able to apply to the English nationality :)

Speaking of getting a legend. How do you become a legend ?

Win A LOT of stuff. Lead the club to glory. Become the greatest manager in the club's history and so forth...

. Apparently getting players there has something to do with praising them. Is there something like that for managers ?

no

Also, I didn't manage any nation, could it be what is missing ?

no, I am a legend and I have never managed a nation.

Speaking of which, is it possible to manage England even without the English nationaility in FM ? If so, should be fixed for FM11, or we should be able to apply to the English nationality :)

Yeah it should be realistic, don't you all remember the BRAVE ENGLISH LIONS Eriksson and Capello . . . oh wait.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a update on this chaps, my new stadium build deviated a little from the roughly 20 year build gap.

As was mentioned they built me just under 70,000 in 2041. Anyhow 2061 came and I had been applying for a new stadium after 10 league wins in a row. Nothing happend even though I was selling out my stadium most of the season. Anyhow I had a few bad years between 2062 to 2065 but have now gone on 10 years winning the league again, however in 2075 I won the champions league for the first time since 2036 and thought they may build but they never, I have been applying to the board every season multple times for a new stadium/expansion in capacity. Anyhow I managed to win the Champions League again in 2076 and 2 days after the Champions League final the board said a new arena will be built for June 2078 with a capacity of around 89,743 seats with retractable roof etc. Im very happy with this as it allows me to further invest in the playing squad.

So to sum up the Stadium went outside the 20 year average, I still think that is the benchmark in most cases however.

Archived