Will You Buy FM2011 ?

Sorry if this has been asked before....

I was wondering if anyone is like me and is still deciding whether to buy FM2011

i've never got into any the FM games since FM07 and never finished 2 seasons of FM10

so im wondering if i should give it 1 more try with FM11 or call time on management games now......

Depends... if enough of the game has changed to make it worth buying yeah. If it's just FM10 with a new patch and database, nope.

That's what I hate about sports games and being released like it's a new game every year. Little hint, it's called an expansion and should be priced as such. Otherwise don't release it every year and only when substantial changes have been made.

Depends on what type of games you prefer really.

FM is one of about only three or four games I get in a year. I think it offers good value for money, simply because of the re-playability (similar to Ron Atkinson's "Bouncebackability ;) )

I like strategy games in general though, more so than action or shooters, because I usually complete those quickly and have little desire to do the "same" again once I've done it a couple of times. Good strategy games offer something different every time you play them.

I'm going to have 2. It's the only way I'll know if I like it or not. This kind of game it's absolutely impossible to go off peoples opinions or reviews for me. Infact I usually have to play about 5 or 6 seasons before I know for sure if I like it or not.

I'm hoping for better than the last 2 years. Hopefully teamtalks and media crap is gone 2.

FM is one of about only three or four games I get in a year. I think it offers good value for money, simply because of the re-playability.

Same here. For 30-ish quid it is one of the best value purchases I'll ever make consdiering the amount of time I'll spend playing it.

I've spent more than that on DVD boxsets I've still not watched :o

Depends... if enough of the game has changed to make it worth buying yeah. If it's just FM10 with a new patch and database, nope.

That's what I hate about sports games and being released like it's a new game every year. Little hint, it's called an expansion and should be priced as such. Otherwise don't release it every year and only when substantial changes have been made.

Well unlike games like FIFA FM is an annual game which does bring out genuinely new and usually interesting games every year. FM09 had 3D graphics, press conferences, and a useful ass man feedback thingy. FM10 has the tactics creator, touchline shouts and a good regen system. FM11 will have dynamixc league reputations, overhauled training and the whole agents thing.

While not all these things have worked, and they probably won't all work come October, each one of those things is a substantial change of itself.

As regards buying, finances will probably compel me not to buy straight away, and as I have a massive save going in FM10 I will probably dual play for a while.

So what in your opinion need to change before you think it'll be worth buying? Considering what's been announced so far I think it's pretty safe to say that FM 11 will be much more than just a patch and data update.

I have stuck with FM2008 because I could not get into FM2009 or FM2010, however I will give FM2011 a chance because I have to at some point move on from FM2008. The features anounced so far look interesting, but until the demo comes out I will reserve judgement and then make my decision, there really is no reason to question until that point.

I will be buying it. Bought every CM/FM game that SI have made so its kind of like traddition, besides it beats the hell out of watching x factor or whatever "reality" TV show the wife is poluting my television with.

Sorry if this has been asked before....

I was wondering if anyone is like me and is still deciding whether to buy FM2011

i've never got into any the FM games since FM07 and never finished 2 seasons of FM10

so im wondering if i should give it 1 more try with FM11 or call time on management games now......

iv'e bought it on release day every year since fm05 but not this time. im going to wait until 11.3 patch comes out and the games a bit cheaper as every year ive bought the game it's been unplayable until january/february. i also have 4 good save games going with wigan/palace/crewe and notts county. the first two iv'e won the league with and have just finished 5th with crewe in the prem in 2016 so im going to keep this on the go for the next 5 months!!!

does the pope ***** in the woods?

No.

I, like you won't be buying it. At least not straight away. I have only just started a proper save on FM10 on my new PC. I could no longer tollerate the jittery graphics and long prcessing times on my old laptop.

Anyway I think it's best to wait for a finished, patched game before spending my money as I always start my main save after the patches have been released. I am sure I will get it eventually if I feel it's worth the money.

Same here. For 30-ish quid it is one of the best value purchases I'll ever make consdiering the amount of time I'll spend playing it.

I've spent more than that on DVD boxsets I've still not watched :o

Well, following your game updates, if there's anyone that gets value for money out of FM, then it has to be you. :)

Archived