recomended set-up

For me it always comes up with english, norwegian, spanish and danish top divisions.

Have a feeling it doesn't work properly, but it might me just me. Had an Acer Travelmate with Intel 1,8 Ghz 1Gb Ram and it gave me that suggestion. After that i changed to a custombuilt Intel Core Duo 3,06GHz with 2Gb Ram and it still shows the same.

Both computers had Windows XP Home.

Don't think there's a way to change it though, although i might be wrong.

Ignore the recommended set up and just select the countries you want manually. The damn thing just doesn't work. On my old athlon it always selected far too many leagues while on my new quad core it selects far too few.

The idea of the recommended setup is to generally tell you how many leagues you can run. Something I'd expect from WWSM is to recommend those leagues, because it's targeted at a US audience so they're going to be more likely to play those leagues. But as you're living in Durham, playing FM, it seems a bit odd.

Mine gives me something like English, Scottish, Italian and Spanish, which makes perfect sense. However, just ignore the leagues it chooses but take into account how many leagues it chooses. I've not experienced any problems with the recommended setup but it seems those posting above have icon_confused.gif.

When i first bought FM 08 (8.00) it recommended i run one league - english prem down to league two. - I thought it maybe my laptop was not good enough to play FM - here is the specs:

Intel core 2duo processor T7250 2.00GHz, Memory 2GB/go DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz), HDD - 200GB, windows vista - Sony vio VGN NR11Z.

Is this a good laptop to say run a good few leagues at a good speed?

Anyway, ever since i downloaded the 8.02patch, the recommend set-up has change to, English, italian, German, Spanish, & Scottish leagues all playable.

I curruntly run 8 playable leagues with meduim data base, and in the year 2014 - but FM still runs quite slow on my laptop. (ive disabled player pics too - does that make a differnce)

& if i used a large data base - would that slow fm down for me alot?

Thanks

Absolutely, I have pretty much the same specs and it runs super-fast for me. I probably paid less than you as well - ripoff sony icon_razz.gif

Seriously, it should run quite a few. I dunno if you have a turbo hard drive, but that really helps. Also, make sure you stop your virus checker from checking anything even vaguely FM-related, that slows it down hugely.

Originally posted by Duttz:

Yes ignore it. It suggested that i run about 3 leagues... I'm running about 75, from 30 different countries on a large db and it's fine.

Damn....you must be the worlds most patient man.

Or...got one of those new computers from the year 2050 from a time traveler. icon_smile.gif

Either way...very impressive

Originally posted by Duttz:

Yes ignore it. It suggested that i run about 3 leagues... I'm running about 75, from 30 different countries on a large db and it's fine.

How long does it take to process, say, a week during the off-season?

Originally posted by Fe98:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Duttz:

How long does it take to process, say, a week during the off-season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a week sounds about right icon_smile.gif

Archived