Help with 10.3 Patch

I've only recently bought Football Manager 2010 (late I know) and I didn't buy it from a disc, I downloaded it off the GAME website via a download. But firstly I'm not sure which link I should be downloading for the patch.

But every download I've tried, and clicked on 'update', halfway through it says something like - "A sharing violation occured when accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe"

Does the 10.3 patch actually matter in terms of using other people's tactics?

I've only recently bought Football Manager 2010 (late I know) and I didn't buy it from a disc, I downloaded it off the GAME website via a download. But firstly I'm not sure which link I should be downloading for the patch.

But every download I've tried, and clicked on 'update', halfway through it says something like - "A sharing violation occured when accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe"

Does the 10.3 patch actually matter in terms of using other people's tactics?

FM needs to be closed when you install the patch.

PS make sure its the right patch and check if you even need one.

BIG PROBLEM - I've downloaded one for the boxed version rather than the download version. When I load up the game it now says that the disc is required ffs

Anyone know which download I need because I'm going to have to uninstall FM2010 and reinstall because it won't let me play at all now.

I may be wrong but I think the game should already be patched when you download from Game. So when you re-install, load up the game and check the 'game status' screen which should tell you what version you're running.

I may be wrong but I think the game should already be patched when you download from Game. So when you re-install, load up the game and check the 'game status' screen which should tell you what version you're running.

I'm pretty sure it was just the standard 10.1 or whatever. Is there any point in downloading the 10.3 patch or should I just keep playing with the standard patch?

I'm pretty sure it was just the standard 10.1 or whatever. Is there any point in downloading the 10.3 patch or should I just keep playing with the standard patch?

Did you check? (It would be good to know for future reference what version it is) As for updating, it's good to be up to date for the bug fixes.

Did you check? (It would be good to know for future reference what version it is) As for updating, it's good to be up to date for the bug fixes.

Can't. Tried quickly installing the game again but it's not installing now, it's stuck at this final part and not moving. I've blown £14, it seems.

Oh nevermind it's working again, I'm just really inpatient.

Archived