Worst good player you've had?

based on what exactly?

I doubt I'm the 1st to say he is over rated but he is, And In my opinion Barca were foolish to have paid what they did for him, Doesn't perform in the Champions League or against big opposition, but he does well against run of the mill teams consistently and that's about it.

This will probably annoy you but IRL If you look at it Darren Bent offered by far the better value in reality, which is quite surprising really

I doubt I'm the 1st to say he is over rated but he is, And In my opinion Barca were foolish to have paid what they did for him, Doesn't perform in the Champions League or against big opposition, but he does well against run of the mill teams consistently and that's about it.

This will probably annoy you but IRL If you look at it Darren Bent offered by far the better value in reality, which is quite surprising really

I agree with this. he isnt the best and Im suprised that Barca let Eto go. I would have kept him but it looks like Eto needs a manager thats one to put a shoulder round a player type.

22 goals and 14 assists in 42 matches is fine in his first season in a new league. He also scored our winner in the first Classico last year as well as our opener in the Super Cup last week and had more assists than ronaldo who cost twice as much. How many of our games did you watch last year?

I agree with this. he isnt the best and Im suprised that Barca let Eto go. I would have kept him but it looks like Eto needs a manager thats one to put a shoulder round a player type.

yer, we should have kept Eto'o who refused to sign a new deal and said he was leaving for free at the end of the next season....

Simple really. What big name, with a huge outlay, has been awful for you?

I'll start; On my Manchester United save I signed Dzeko for £25 million and he scored 3 goals in 28 starts.

What about you?

Something similar for me. I resigned Guiseppe Rossi for Man U for several million (cant remember the exact amount but it was more than 10m) and he didn't score a single goal in any competition all season.

Very disapionted so I sold him back to spain at the first opportunity.

its not your fault, the problem is the media get in involved and make out that we decided to get rid of him for the sake of it, unfortunately they are the stories that the majority hear and assume they are gospal.

If those were the figures that Ibra got last season thats good. But i still think that Eto needs a manager to put a shoulder round him and unfortunately I dont think Benitez is that sort of manager.

and watching him play every week he was such a threat, was double maked every week which left messi free to do what he does.

Unfortunately Eto'o is the type of player that needs everything his way, his leaving interview showed that we had no chance of retaining him as he decided he wanted to move.

and watching him play every week he was such a threat, was double maked every week which left messi free to do what he does.

Unfortunately Eto'o is the type of player that needs everything his way, his leaving interview showed that we had no chance of retaining him as he decided he wanted to move.

Thats football though. I reckon we could see a few moves soon. I reckon Eto and Maicon will go to Real and Mash and Kuyt will go to Inter. I think VDV will then go to Liverpool or Man Utd.

Eto'o is just better than Ibra in my opinion. But they are both quite volatile players. If they are in a bad mood then they will play atrociously but if they are in the mood then they will score bucket loads. It just depends on the day

Eto'o wiull never go to Real after how he was treated there before he left.

Masch may still come to Barca, the translation of what Zubi said about him not fitting in was not good at all, the whole interview says that Pep wants him to sign but they are unsure as to how they will use him to the best of his ability.

Aussieant32 - Just had a look and Bent scored 26 in 41 Which is god considering he was settling into a new team which, let's be honest is a bit poor, infact he is their prize asset, He didn't have the world class support in the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure, Pedro & Co Or even strike partners such as Henry or even Krkic who is probably better than the likes of Campbell and Jones. He's surrounded, in my view of course, by championship/average prem quality players.

I think it's quite telling that David Villa has been bought as it indicates quite strongly that Ibra is no longer their main striker!

Eto'o wiull never go to Real after how he was treated there before he left.

Masch may still come to Barca, the translation of what Zubi said about him not fitting in was not good at all, the whole interview says that Pep wants him to sign but they are unsure as to how they will use him to the best of his ability.

Oh Ok I knew he played for Real before but didnt know how he was treated. In regards to Mash. Its a bit like Fabregas. When you already have Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Keita. How would both of them fit in. I think Mash could fill the role left by Yaya but then isnt Keita a similar player to Yaya.

Eto'o is just better than Ibra in my opinion. But they are both quite volatile players. If they are in a bad mood then they will play atrociously but if they are in the mood then they will score bucket loads. It just depends on the day

I agree with what you are saying about if they dont get things their own way then they can cause trouble.

Aussieant32 - Just had a look and Bent scored 26 in 41 Which is god considering he was settling into a new team which, let's be honest is a bit poor, infact he is their prize asset, He didn't have the world class support in the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure, Pedro & Co Or even strike partners such as Henry or even Krkic who is probably neter than the likes of Campbell and Jones. He's surrounded, in my view of course, by championship/average prem quality players.

I think it's quite telling that David Villa has been bought as it indicates quite strongly that Ibra is no longer their main striker!

considering Villa is being played as the wide left stiker with Ibra in the middle, id say your wrong.

On your topic of Henry and Bojan, they played 40 odd games between them, hardly consistant striker partners.

Oh Ok I knew he played for Real before but didnt know how he was treated. In regards to Mash. Its a bit like Fabregas. When you already have Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Keita. How would both of them fit in. I think Mash could fill the role left by Yaya but then isnt Keita a similar player to Yaya.

not really to be honest. Kieta isnt the work horse we are used to having. He is also more of a left sided player rather than a good solid anchorman, Sergi is still young enough to rotate, when you are playing 60 games a season 5 mids is a minimum

not really to be honest. Kieta isnt the work horse we are used to having. He is also more of a left sided player rather than a good solid anchorman, Sergi is still young enough to rotate, when you are playing 60 games a season 5 mids is a minimum

Yh ok but you sign Mash and Fabregas. I dont think either of them or Xavi or Iniesta will be happy sitting on the bench.

Yh ok but you sign Mash and Fabregas. I dont think either of them or Xavi or Iniesta will be happy sitting on the bench.

I agree with this too, also, i think it was shameful the way Barcelona have conducted themselves trying to sign Cesc, It was so disrespectful to Arsenal when the spanish Barca players put a Barcelona shirt on him after they won the world cup, i was literally shocked if i am honest, And before anyone asks I'm not an Arsenal fan so I'm not bias either way,

So hes basically a swedish C. Ronaldo?

I agree with this too, also, i think it was shameful the way Barcelona have conducted themselves trying to sign Cesc, It was so disrespectful to Arsenal when the spanish Barca players put a Barcelona shirt on him after they won the world cup, i was literally shocked if i am honest, And before anyone asks I'm not an Arsenal fan so I'm not bias either way,

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Cesc a barcelona supporter? If so what's wrong with wearing a Barce shirt? Im pretty sure Torres would wear a At. Madrid Shirt.

Aussieant32 - Just had a look and Bent scored 26 in 41 Which is god considering he was settling into a new team which, let's be honest is a bit poor, infact he is their prize asset, He didn't have the world class support in the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure, Pedro & Co Or even strike partners such as Henry or even Krkic who is probably better than the likes of Campbell and Jones. He's surrounded, in my view of course, by championship/average prem quality players.

Just because you are surrounded by quality doesn't mean you will score, Shevchenko scored 4 in 32 games for Chelsea who had won back to back titles, Shevchenko was a god infront of goal at AC milan where the players we not as good as chelsea's players. Maybe its the fact hes the best player in the squad makes him stand out but him with other world class players he wont stand out.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Cesc a barcelona supporter? If so what's wrong with wearing a Barce shirt? Im pretty sure Torres would wear a At. Madrid Shirt.

At a public appearance? Probably not. Also it wasn't his choice to wear it, it was forced on him.

£40m for a winger on FM08, paid over 24 months... The 50% sell-on clause didn't trigger (bug)... :( Sold later for £12m or something - wasn't bad, but nowhere near worth £40m.

Also bought a targetman for £25m on the same game - then after 10 games or so realised that my formation was rubbish with a targetman, so he got shipped out for £8m the next season after turning into Emile Heskey.

Fernando Silva (gen family) DC ,Portugal

Bought him for mere 3 million. Assistant rated him 3 stars(decent for premiership) i'm Liverpool

Only then I realized the big mistake i've made, he can't settle in. I gave him 60+ games in 3 seasons, Each season his overall rating would not exceed 6.

Sold him to Valencia for 5 million. He became a beast.

I've never had problems with any striker in my save yet.Only defenders

The Zlatan deal was heavily over priced because Inter didn't want to sell. Eto'o was unhappy at Barcelona and wanted them to move hell, heaven and earth financially to get him to stay.

The criticism of Zlatan is somewhat harsh in my opinion. Barcelona knew they were buying a player that would change the way they play, but also a player who has a reputation of flopping in the big games, yet consistent performances against average to poor teams. However, I don't think he did too badly. Two away to Arsenal and the winner against Real Madrid shows he is more than capable, just possibly a confidence problem. On the other hand, going forward last season Barcelona looked the most limited I've seen them in years, which is why they have bought David Villa. He gives them pace and incredible finishing but also another player who can thread the ball through the eye of a needle with his passing, something that Zlatan does not possess.

Anyway, back on topic;

Nikola Nigic for my Liverpool side. A custom database where Liverpool had sold on all of their best players. I wanted to bring some aerial ability so I opted for the 6"8 Serbian striker from Valencia. 0 goals, 19 assists (mainly flick ons) and an average rating of 5.9 saw him shipped out to Racing the next season. Still amazed he got so many assists but he ticked over the team quite well but offered nothing in front of goal. My very own Heskey.

I paid £52m for Fabregas in 2012 (to Milan), and he's horribly inconsistent playing in a three-man central midfield. I think he has an average of about 7.0 for me, which is hardly great in a treble-winning team.

After a couple of seasons I was considering selling him to Real Madrid, but decided to give him another chance after agreeing a fee with Madrid. Then he got mad at me for not allowing the transfer to go through!

Was a re-gen so it wont mean much to you, but after a successful spell in Holland and 9 unfruitful days in Scotland, i ended up at relegation threatened Man Utd. I steadied the ship and kept them up. the next season I needed to , amongst other things, stretghen the defence.

I paid 33m for a Belgian centre half who was "towering". Alongside him I paid 16.5m for a slovakian centre back who was tearing it up with PSV and had the dutch leagues highest average rating. Where the Belgian centre back was a resounding success, his slovak partner was an appalling disaster, probably going into folklaw for being so bad.

Own goals and calamities aplenty - I sold him for half the price the next season.

Archived