Your Best Players for FM11

Just a bit of fun really.

Who would you like to be the best players in football manager 2011? (Try not to mention the obvious ones i.e. villa, messi et al.)

My picks would have to be Scholes (for his good start to the season) and Diego Forlan for his stella world cup!

Ron Vlaar. Captain of Feyenoord.

Was probably the best defender of the Dutch Premiership in 2009/2010. His physique is more then impressive, he's fast, tall, scores a lot of goals from corners and free kicks with his head, intercepts hundreds of passes per game, blocks nearly half of the opposition's shots, and, surprisingly enough for a DC, has a wonderful shot technique. You could call him a combo between Chelsea's Terry and Alex, albeit with probably a little less quality. But he's still young, so he's not reached his max yet.

Because he has been so impressive of late, Hernandez! has been playing brilliantly of late!

I think Chamakh will be over rated in the next version, Joe Cole will get a big boost just because of the hype surrounding him, along with all the eastlands misfits, such as milner and balotelli! I think it will interesting to see what Rating BeBe will get as he is majorly unknown but has some raw talent from what i have seen of him!

maybe these dutch players need better stats than in fm10

Gregory van de wiel (ajax)

Wesley Sneijder (Inter)

Stekelenburg (ajax)

Siem de Jong (ajax)

Dries Mertens (fc Utrecht) (belgium)

Leroy Fer (feyenoord)

Bryan Ruiz (fc twente) (chili)

Theo Jansen (fc twente)

Ron Vlaar (feyenoord)

Jermain Lens (psv)

ola toivonen (psv)

Ibrahim Affelay (psv)

So far..

My picks would have to be Scholes (for his good start to the season) and Diego Forlan for his stella world cup!

Scholes has played 2 matches, and you want him to be one of the best players? Hmmm...

Cardozo, Marin, Pazzini, Alan (Braga), Muller, Stokes and Whittingham.

Cardozo already is a great player on FM10, if he is made any better he will be god-like.

Wesley Sneijder (Inter)

Ibrahim Affelay (psv)

So far..

Really? They both are perfectly fine how they are.

Neither need a boost. Have you seen Sneijder's attributes? They are pretty epic.

I think Chamakh will be over rated in the next version, Joe Cole will get a big boost just because of the hype surrounding him, along with all the eastlands misfits, such as milner and balotelli! I think it will interesting to see what Rating BeBe will get as he is majorly unknown but has some raw talent from what i have seen of him!

Are you kidding?

He is 28 now, and has done absolutely nothing to deserve a boost. Just because there is a bit of hype about him, doesn't mean his attributes will change.

If anything, his attributes would drop in one place; Penalty Taking. Boom!

players definately wont get a boost for having one or 2 good moments last season. I think Pedro will get a good upgrade, he has a few key areas, which i have advised on the researcher forum, that need upgrading.

Some players on that list definately wont get any, some players listed constantly score 25+ a season as it is, we wont make them stronger.

Gregory van de wiel (ajax)

Wesley Sneijder (Inter)

Stekelenburg (ajax)

Siem de Jong (ajax)

Dries Mertens (fc Utrecht) (belgium)

Leroy Fer (feyenoord)

Bryan Ruiz (fc twente) (chili)

Theo Jansen (fc twente)

Ron Vlaar (feyenoord)

Jermain Lens (psv)

ola toivonen (psv)

Ibrahim Affelay (psv)

So far..

How the hell is Ruiz playing for Chili when he has the Costa Rican nationality?

Players who need an upgrade (of recognition) to PA of -9 or above 160.

Gregory van der Wiel (DLR) (Ajax): Proven at the very highest stage

Siem de Jong (AM) (Ajax): Attacking Midfielder in the some mold as Thomas Muller, can be relied on to score and deliver assists in crucial matches

Luuk de Jong (AM/ST) (FC Twente): One of the Dutch talents that might become a Holland starter within 4 years

Emir Bajrami (AMLRC/ST) (FC Twente): Impressing for the Swedish national team at a tender age

Jerson Cabral (DR) (Feyenoord): Promising player with good pace, acceleration and dribbling

Bruno Martins Indi (DL)

Keisuke Honda (AM/ST) Can you believe he is just -8 in FM2010?

Christian Benteke (FC) (Standard Liege)

André (ST) (Dinamo Kiev)

Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund)

Heung Min-Son (HSV)

Pablo Mouche (Boca)

Pablo Barrera (West Ham)

Antoine Griezmann (Real Sociedad)

Need an upgrade to PA of -10 or PA of above 175:

Welliton (AM/ST) Setting the Russian League alight for Spartak Moscow, despite already being 21 he's deffo up there with Neymar

Neymar (ST)

This thread is pure rubbish. People basing attribute increases on a few games or WC performances. Thats not how the researchers work at all and displays a complete ignorance of the system but also football as a whole.

Sanchez Watt has done what to justify an increase? (to pick on just one)

Scholes has played 2 matches, and you want him to be one of the best players? Hmmm...

Cardozo already is a great player on FM10, if he is made any better he will be god-like.

Really? They both are perfectly fine how they are.

Neither need a boost. Have you seen Sneijder's attributes? They are pretty epic.

Are you kidding?

He is 28 now, and has done absolutely nothing to deserve a boost. Just because there is a bit of hype about him, doesn't mean his attributes will change.

If anything, his attributes would drop in one place; Penalty Taking. Boom!

I think that the Portsmouth players will become world beaters Ty ;).

This thread is pure rubbish. People basing attribute increases on a few games or WC performances. Thats not how the researchers work at all and displays a complete ignorance of the system but also football as a whole.

Sanchez Watt has done what to justify an increase? (to pick on just one)

correct mate, we look at the season as a whole and see who should have been statted better. The only thing that sometimes changes due to a one off incident etc are mental stats, for example if a player has a complete melt down on the pitch, like the A-League today, there is a good chance they may get an extra point of sportsmanship or something like that.

correct mate, we look at the season as a whole and see who should have been statted better. The only thing that sometimes changes due to a one off incident etc are mental stats, for example if a player has a complete melt down on the pitch, like the A-League today, there is a good chance they may get an extra point of sportsmanship or something like that.

Oh, what happened in the A League today?

Schweinsteiger, because he was arguably the best player at the world cup and over the last season for bayern.

Van Bommel, because he was the main guy for holland and also for bayern.

Hans-Jörg Butt needs a lot of improvement.

Badstuber and Müller will have to get a boost. so does olic imo.

contento, and almost all the austrians on bayerns squad should get a better pa.

Gomez and demichelis need decreasing probably.

Van Bommel, because he was the main guy for holland and also for bayern.

Is this a joke as well?

His attributes are absolutely fine. He is a few years past 30 now, and the last thing he will get is a boost. More like a bloody bus pass.

Josh Thompson has found his level mate,

on loan at rochdale, never good enough for the celts!

He was good enough for sir alex, who wanted him but settled for smalling instead because WE got him! He's only 18, thing your being very unfair with your comment especially as prem league clubs wanted him on loan as well! Id like to see filip and patrik twardzik get better ratings, filip had a multi million £ bid in for him in the summer and has only played a handful of friendly games for celtic this summer. Recently got voted player of the tournement in europe for czech republic, same tournement the likes of messi, rooney, torres have won in the past few years

Is this a joke as well?

His attributes are absolutely fine. He is a few years past 30 now, and the last thing he will get is a boost. More like a bloody bus pass.

His whole post was a joke Ty. Most of those players are excellent in game already. As he is a Bayern fan he's hardly objective though is he?

Judging from Andy Carroll's performance today he will have great stats on FM11.

No he won't.

If that's the case then Drogba will be a god, Walcott will be brilliant etc.

I personally will just wait to see how the researchers feel as they do the job much better than us.

I don't see how some players such as Sanchez or Mata can be heavily improved though as they're so amazing as it is atm on this current fm?

Archived