World Class Manager - Out of a job

I am the World Class manager of Ajax.

I have won 6 Eredivisie titles in a row, 2 Cups, 1 Super Cup, 1 CL (also constant participation in the CL with one more final and two semis) and 1 World Club.

I have managed to clear the loan debts of the club, make money for everyone and, on top of that, ensure the future of the team by finding world class level youths. I have constantly fought out bids from top teams in the world for my players, I have endured constant threats from my players, they have played unhappy and have lived unhappy under my command. But I have convinced them to stay and they have listened and now they are loyal.

So, after six years my second contract reached an end. Ajax offered me a meagre 86,000 per month, when other managers in other leagues, less successful than me - I mean REALLY LESS- get paid double that.

After some brief negotiations which led nowhere, and because I like to role-play my manager, I decided to leave. No hard feelings, I understand the board don't want to offer so much money to me, it's their choice. With a heavy heart I go, but I go as an icon.

I have seem ManU with no success the last couple of years, the same with Arsenal, the same with Barcelona (which last year finished 7th!), the same with A.C. Milan (8th), etc.

So I declare interest in some of the jobs. No one wants me. All the above teams have no success the last couple of years, Barcelona and Milan have been ridiculed in their leagues, yet no one wants me.

They ALL think that I would be the man for the job, but now I am free no one wants me. Doesn't my previous career matter at all? I mean, how I am supposed to continue my game SI?

I am now unemployed, one of the best managers in the world, by the game's admission, and I'm watching the days passing by while top teams suffer at the hands of lesser managers.

I can't understand. Is this a bug problem? A balance problem?

P.S. And a VERY annoying thing. I decide to go on holiday and pick the choice "only apply for higher reputation clubs" and "stop when offered a job".

For some IDIOTIC reason I seem to apply or get offered jobs from second decision teams, therefore the game doesn't continue my holiday and I have to constantly be there to go on holiday... This game, you just don't know where some stupid bug will destroy your play...

May have something to do with league reputation.....you have clearly been successful, but ONLY in the dutch league, although of a good standard not one of the top 3 or 4 leagues in europe. You may have to set your expectations lower if you want to move to EPL, Serie A, La Liga or even bundesliga.

I referred top the top division clubs as an example. I have made moves for less illustrious but good clubs.

Besides, doesn't the horrible fall from grace of top clubs play a part in the decision of their boards? I mean, why wouldn't Milan want a proven successful manager, when for the last years it failed to even qualify for Europe?

How does that make any sense?

The problems is that besides the difference in wages for my new Ajax contract, I want a new challenge. For the last 3 years I have been winning the league with 25 points ahead from the second team. How I am supposed to continue my career?

Edit: Besides, in my third year as Ajax I was offered the ManU job, so I don't know how it is possible to be chased by one of the best teams in the world before I won the CL, and now being out of a job.

These teams should want you after your success but maybe they are not quite ready to sack their manager yet. Have you applied for any open jobs or just declared an interest in them?

Have you holidayed and put to only apply for top division jobs?

I've had this problem and it is completely ridiculous, this game seems to go out of its way to diminish the importance of the manager - players get on icon list first, then when they leave they stay there, and you dont! If you had this record irl every club in the world would be interested, just because it's the Dutch league didnt stop every major club wanting to sign Kluivert, Seedorf, De Boer etc.

I hate that the board allowed you to go so easily (i'd have quit too over such an offer), especially when you've made them money AND brought success, irl the fans would probably have major protests, petitions to re-sign you, tear up season tickets etc and you would be in a MAJOR major job as quickly as you liked. And why isn't this a major news story in the media, analyizing the decision, the ramifications, where you will go etc? (this they leave out, but manage to fill the game with the most inane and dull media ''conferences'')

IRL if a manager like you became available a LOT of clubs would sound you out imo and would be willing to sack whoever is currently in charge to get you. You should NOT have to wait for someone to naturally finish for you to get an offer, and what makes this so so so dumb is that it's a MANAGEMENT game, you'd think that that being the case the game would be biased a little bit if anything in favour of promoting the role of manager above the role of player.

Players get coveted in the game despite playing for a slightly weaker league and so should the manager, especially if he's got a record like you in Europe.

In this game does anyone believe that the manager of Grampus Eight (if it existed in the game-rofl) would be appointed Arsenal manager?

It is crazy and ruins the whole game.

oh and the whole crazy issue of how tolerant to failure the big european teams are has been covered on another thread, but it is appalling in the game- not to mention that there are NO presidential elections, which usually would help usher in a new regime and manager freeing up job opportunities.

It's a management game, start respecting the user manager more!!!

I declared interest. There are no open jobs yet. But I declared interest to lesser reputation clubs, like Sevilla or Roma as well. None of the teams that have their manager at insecure levels and have had no success for the last years make a move for me.

I'll try the top division clubs you suggest, but how is that much different from high reputation, which I chose for my holiday. Why did second division teams offer me the job, thus interrupting my holidays?

Have you holidayed and put to only apply for top division jobs?

This should make the search easier. The higher reputation setting is higher than your current club. So it's sending in your CV to every single opening as any club has a higher rep than unemployed.

This should make the search easier. The higher reputation setting is higher than your current club. So it's sending in your CV to every single opening as any club has a higher rep than unemployed.

What? How is that even remotely logical? What does my unemployment have to do with clubs reps?

Because you are using the option to apply for higher reputation jobs, this is used to apply for higher rep jobs than your current club. If you do not have a current club then any club has a higher reputation than being unemployed and it is showing this by applying for jobs at any club. If you select top division clubs you will not be offered any second division jobs.

I understand what you are saying, I am just saying it is completely illogical as a meaning.

You see the option "apply for higher reputation clubs", the mind thinks that you apply for higher reputation clubs. Having this connected to your unemployment is false, design wise.

Anyways, this whole thing still doesn't make sense. It's completely unrealistic and now I can't continue my game until the game decides, for some strange reason, to offer me a good position.

No one denied a job at Murinho when he won the CL with Porto because the Portuguese league had a smaller rep. On the contrary, it made him a manager that most teams would want.

You will get a job eventually seems a bit strange to be honest. I won the OFC champions league, Asian champions league and then the north american champions league, declared an interest in the Real Madrid job who failed to get into champions league and they sacked their manager and offered me the job. I do not agree at all with the people who are saying it is due to the reputation of the Dutch league, I mean the Mexican league is not even close to the Spanish league rep wise. Just stick it on holiday with top jobs and something will come up soon I think, other than that I can't see why you wouldn't be getting several offers.

You will get a job eventually seems a bit strange to be honest. I won the OFC champions league, Asian champions league and then the north american champions league, declared an interest in the Real Madrid job who failed to get into champions league and they sacked their manager and offered me the job. I do not agree at all with the people who are saying it is due to the reputation of the Dutch league, I mean the Mexican league is not even close to the Spanish league rep wise. Just stick it on holiday with top jobs and something will come up soon I think, other than that I can't see why you wouldn't be getting several offers.

The Arsenal job just became vacant. I applied but nothing. The job went to a Mexican, Aguire, who he hasn't won anything the last 6 years.

It just shows how illogical the system is, design wise.

When you have a top team that has had no success for the last three years, and one of the TWO World Class managers in the world (not even Murinho is World Class which is ridiculous) show interest in managing it, how is it logical not to offer him the job?

Just seen the answer to the question I was going to post. It has happened to me but not to this degree I was being rejected by clubs in Egypt for continental managers when I was world class.

Not sure what you can apart from keep holidaying and see what happens, not sure how long I would last before getting annoyed and turning it off though.

No, no it isn't. You've done it in the dutch league which is of a lower standard that England, Italy, Spain and perhaps even Portugal.

Yes, it is.

Any manager in real life would get offers if he was so succesful in the Dutch league. Especially if other top teams around the world were doing badly, just as it happens in my game.

I remind you that Rijkaard went to Barcelona from Sparta Rotterdam. I also have, like him, international footballer reputation.

So, it is completely illogical to be out of a job. Plus, I can't continue my game now, so it also shows the major problems this section of the game has.

No, no it isn't. You've done it in the dutch league which is of a lower standard that England, Italy, Spain and perhaps even Portugal.

man when you take a champions league it means that you re the best in europe. if you win it with a team from a small league it means that its double hard. i remind you that ac milan had hired once the turkish manager that had won uefa with galatasaray

Fatih Terim?! He was sacked as Milan boss after only 5 months! Proves my point!

lol. but he GOT HIRED. another example . luis van ghaal .he has a great run with alkmaar and bayern hires him ;)

well me i'm a little different situation . i am a fan of small leagues and i play in indian league right now. but i have a great name .i am national reputaion but i keep being rejected even from tiny village-national teams like vanuatu american samoa french-something etc

Ive also had this problem, my example was that i had won everything with Valencia and Inter decided i wanted to manage my home team Leeds, they sacked someone and i applied they rejected then appointed someone with national reputation. I did get the Leeds job after the manager they had appointed lead them to bottom of the table in Prem.

It shouldn't matter what league he's in, he's got a world class reputation, you can't get higher and he's won the champions league. Mourinho went from Porto to Chelsea, Deschamps Monaco to Juve, in addition to other examples already given. It's just a big rick in the game imo and can't be excused away.

lol. but he GOT HIRED.

He did yes, but Fatih Terim had been Fiorentina manager first...

My opinion is that if the OP in that situation is getting knocked back for top half table sides in England, Italy and Spain then fair enough that is wrong but a CL and 6 dutch titles should not necessarily guarantee you a job with the worlds top club sides.

Having said that i've not really had a problem in my game. I took Oxford from the blue square prem into the Premiership. Even before winning any of my 3 Premiership league titles i was offered the Man U, Arsenal and AC Milan jobs (among many others) without even applying..

I think maybe the game looks at nationality and experience in a particular leauge too much. For example, I started my game in England with Oxford but set my nationality to Italian (past experience: sunday league footballer). I had tons of job offers from Italian teams as soon as i became successful (due to my nationality?) and loads of offers from top English sides (due to my experience in England?).

OP, what is your managers nationality? Also, can your manager speak the naitive language of the countries you are getting knocked back from?

luis van ghaal .he has a great run with alkmaar and bayern hires him ;)

Well I think his previous success at Ajax and Barcelona may have helped.

And OP, if your such an uber manager, swallow your pride, take a job with a 'lesser' team and show how great you are by leading them to success.

He did yes, but Fatih Terim had been Fiorentina manager first...

My opinion is that if the OP in that situation is getting knocked back for top half table sides in England, Italy and Spain then fair enough that is wrong but a CL and 6 dutch titles should not necessarily guarantee you a job with the worlds top club sides.

Yes, it should necessarily mean that you get offered jobs from top sides, especially when they haven't won anything for 3 years.

I also remind you that Mourniho went to Chelsea after winning the CL with Porto. There is also no logical explanation why I was offered the ManU job in my third year, even before winning the CL, while I know I am being ignored.

I don't know if it's a bug, but it's certainly atrocious design.

I have given you plenty of examples to make you understand how wrong this is.

You simply don't have a proper argument.

And OP, if your such an uber manager, swallow your pride, take a job with a 'lesser' team and show how great you are by leading them to success.

That's what I did. With Ajax. It's a lesser team, with low rep in a low rep league.

I am also one of the TWO World Class managers in the game. What else do I have to do to win a job at a better league, managing a higher rep team? Roma and Arsenal also rejected me, despite having their managers retire and not having won anything, not even their league titles.

I really hate it when people answer like you. Blinded fanboys that can defend this game despite everything.

You don't have anything proper to add to this thread, so you will be ignored.

Edit: I alsoo got rejected by Lille Metropole!!! Dear God...

Yes, it should necessarily mean that you get offered jobs from top sides

I have given you plenty of examples to make you understand how wrong this is.

You simply don't have a proper argument.

Well i have to conclude it's just you and your game then. You must be doing something wrong.

To repeat, I took Oxford from the blue square prem into the Premiership. Even before winning any of my 3 Premiership league titles i was offered the Man U, Arsenal and AC Milan jobs (among many others) without even applying..

Some people on this forum are insane, it obvious that there something wrong with this part of the game i agree with the op with everything he said so far.

It seems to happen when the manager is without a club, i bet if he was still at Ajax he would get offered these positions.

Well i have to conclude it's just you and your game then. You must be doing something wrong.

What I am doing wrong, then? That is why I started the topic, to receive some proper arguments, explanation, advice, because I certainly can't find any by myself.

On the other hand, you managed in England.

How is it possible that you got offered a good job for leading a team to the Premiership, while I, who have won the CL against all odds, can't get a Premiership job?

Also, I was just offered the FC Twente job. A team with much lower rep than then one I was before.

I'll keep updating.

What I am doing wrong, then? That is why I started the topic, to receive some proper arguments.

How is it possible that you got offered a good job for leading a team to the Premiership, while I, who have the CL, can't get a Premiership job?

Also, I was just offered the FC Twente job. A team with much lower rep than then one I was before.

I'll keep updating.

check your pms plz

What I am doing wrong, then? That is why I started the topic, to receive some proper arguments, explanation, advice, because I certainly can't find any by myself.

How is it possible that you got offered a good job for leading a team to the Premiership, while I, who have won the CL against all odds, can't get a Premiership job?

I'll keep updating.

I think maybe the game looks at nationality and experience in a particular leauge too much. For example, I started my game in England with Oxford but set my nationality to Italian (past experience: sunday league footballer). I had tons of job offers from Italian teams as soon as i became successful (due to my nationality?) and loads of offers from top English sides (due to my experience in England?).

OP, what is your managers nationality? Also, can your manager speak the naitive language of the countries you are getting knocked back from?

Also could be the fact you walked out of your previous job over money? May put other clubs off you.

Against all the odds? Not really. Winning the CL with a decent European side isn't as hard as leading Oxford to the Premier League. And why can't you take the Twente job? Surely you'll win everything going due to your incredible management.

Surely its obvious that as a World Class manager by reputation, and as only two of them on the game, he should be offered top jobs.

I know that in my career games, as a World Class manager, I expected to be offered the best jobs, maybe I was just lucky that it happened that way for me..

The clubs are very unlikely to sack their current manager to employ someone who declares interest, especially if they are happy with who they got (read: he is not insecure). The feature is basically there to put pressure on other managers. Wait for open positions and apply for those. I'm not sure why Arsenal didn't go for you though, if your reputation is higher than Aguire's I would think you would get the job. If your reputations are very similar, language and other smaller factors may have decided it. I usually just go on holiday indefinitely with the "only apply for top division clubs" + "return when offered contract" boxes checked and get offers once the clubs sack their under-performing managers.

My nationality is Brazilian.

I don't think that this must play a part though. Inter didn't hesitate hiring Mourinho even if he didn't speak the language.

I really can't find any proper explanation other than there is a problem. I have missed SI admitting this to be a problem, so please, if someone from SI can verify it with a simple post.

As it is I can't continue my game. I have been to Ajax for many years and I want a new challenge, in a higher rep team. I have earnt it, the game admits it, but it doesn't reward me.

We are talking about the game though, not real life. Nationality in the game does play a huge part in what jobs you are able to get.

I'd never suggest cheating but as a test change your nationality with FMRTE to English or Spanish and see if that makes a difference going for jobs in England and Spain, and to be clear we are talking about applying for vacant jobs, not declaring interest in clubs who already have managers aren't we?.

I reckon the lad's got a point.

Dominating his domestic league, albeit not one of the biggest European leagues, he has also won the Champions League.

His career seems similar to a certain Mr Mourinho before his big move to Chelsea.

The Arsenal job just became vacant. I applied but nothing. The job went to a Mexican, Aguire, who he hasn't won anything the last 6 years.

It just shows how illogical the system is, design wise.

When you have a top team that has had no success for the last three years, and one of the TWO World Class managers in the world (not even Murinho is World Class which is ridiculous) show interest in managing it, how is it logical not to offer him the job?

I got the Arsenal job when Wenger retired (winning the league in his last year, too). I had previously only managed IFK Göteborg in Sweden, winning the league four times in four seasons. My best european achievement was (barely) getting past the group stage. I got bored quite soon at Arsenal, and tried going for other clubs. I noticed that the biggest clubs will only hire you if they have already fired their old manager. Declaring interest doesn't help. I went from Roma to Lyon (finally won CL there) to Real Madrid. In all these cases I got hired when they were manager-less.

The dutch league is like the scottish league, there is only 2teams that will win it Ajax and PSV and sometimes a 3rd team will gave a good season and challenge or win, Its actually quite realistic to reject someone who won the league when you have 50% chance of winning it. Why would Man United sack their manager for someone unproven in the english league and someone who unproven in a good league the dutch league also has less teams than the prem which increases your chance in winning the league, its probably harder to win the championship than the dutch league

The dutch league is like the scottish league, there is only 2teams that will win it Ajax and PSV and sometimes a 3rd team will gave a good season and challenge or win, Its actually quite realistic to reject someone who won the league when you have 50% chance of winning it. Why would Man United sack their manager for someone unproven in the english league and someone who unproven in a good league the dutch league also has less teams than the prem which increases your chance in winning the league, its probably harder to win the championship than the dutch league

omg ! are u kidding us ? dutch league is one of the most unpredictable. many teams can challenge for the title. like twente ajax psv feyenoord alkmaar gronigen etc. one day you will 4-0 and the other day u lose 5-3

t

As it is I can't continue my game. I have been to Ajax for many years and I want a new challenge, in a higher rep team. I have earnt it, the game admits it, but it doesn't reward me.

Be patient. Do the holiday thing and you should definitely get offers as soon as someone is sacked.

omg ! are u kidding us ? dutch league is one of the most unpredictable. many teams can challenge for the title. like twente ajax psv feyenoord alkmaar gronigen etc. one day you will 4-0 and the other day u lose 5-3

t

Not really. If you discount the last 2 seasons (FC Twente and AZ) then the league has only been won by 3 different teams since 1965: PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax.

as opposed to the ultra open and competitive English Premier League, which apart from Blackburn in '95 has only ever been won by 3 teams.

Hmm, I wonder who'll win next Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal..... such excitement and unpredictability from the most overrated, over hyped kick and rush league in history.

Archived